SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: More Information Please  (Read 5117 times)

Rickles (Rick)

• PLATINUM Member
  • SJVWC
More Information Please
« on: July 03, 2016, 02:36:07 pm »

It would be helpful for us new folk if threads would tell us where and when an event is. Even for discussions of past events. Thanks.

Bugaru "JAY"

• Car Show/Events Chairperson
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Subaru Powered 300+ HP
    • Events Chairperson
Re: More Information Please
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 06:45:53 pm »

Rickles..

Our anticipated arrival time should be approx. 11am'ish
 if you PM me I'll return a contact number..
Unfortunately many of us are headed West to Southeast. and at the point we hit or cross the southern part of the Parkway we'll only a short distance from our destination ..

Or
try to reach out to Dave aka "Deverted" or Howard there be traveling the Parkway South and probably your best hookup..

Or your always welcome to just meet us there, and park with us when we arrive. The Burke Motor Group will keep us together..

Calendar Event
http://www.sjvwc.net/forums/index.php?topic=10768.0

TURBO'ed 1956 Oval Window aka LOUIE. It Sucks Blows and Goes Fast-tttttt

My Dubs are built with the Best and Cheapest Quality rejected Parts.
Ok. So I'm missing and have a few loose screws, but those are only in my head

Politically Incorect and Damn Proud of it!

Rickles (Rick)

• PLATINUM Member
  • SJVWC
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2016, 10:37:35 pm »

Thanks, "J@y". In this thread, I meant events like Dubs on the Boards and a past event or two. The thread about Dubs on the Boards doesn't say when it is. I also noticed a couple discussions don't mention where they were.

I knew most are coming from the West side which is why I knew I wouldn't be at the Wawa at 47.

Bugaru "JAY"

• Car Show/Events Chairperson
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Subaru Powered 300+ HP
    • Events Chairperson
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 07:06:04 pm »

Thanks, "J@y". In this thread, I meant events like Dubs on the Boards and a past event or two. The thread about Dubs on the Boards doesn't say when it is. I also noticed a couple discussions don't mention where they were.

I knew most are coming from the West side which is why I knew I wouldn't be at the Wawa at 47.

Rickles..
 We always try to provide information to our members of events, and Cruises..

But all events on the calendar aren't always a club event, some are placed there for informative information so members can see what's going on with local Cruises, shows, and happenings.

Perhaps your getting confused with Upcoming Events & Cruises, and Discussions of Past Shows and Events we attended.. Once attended which is after the happening we begin the topic of events attended, and those discussions won't show much about meeting points etc as there's no need as it already happened.. Info of the event will only show on the upcoming Cruise, / Events..

The way it works is we try to post as much info about upcoming events / Cruises that we can, but once the event takes place we then Post to Discussions of Past Events.. Hey not my idea, but that's the way it's done..

D.O.B's is a great show and one that we'll soon setup plans to cruise to. But it's to far out. There is also a link that you can go to about the DOB event..

Late July-Aug will be a little slow with Cruises but things get Busy as chit with the cooling of Fall approaching..

Hang in there Buddy your get the understanding and see the flow..

See you Saturday weather permitting..

TURBO'ed 1956 Oval Window aka LOUIE. It Sucks Blows and Goes Fast-tttttt

My Dubs are built with the Best and Cheapest Quality rejected Parts.
Ok. So I'm missing and have a few loose screws, but those are only in my head

Politically Incorect and Damn Proud of it!

Rickles (Rick)

• PLATINUM Member
  • SJVWC
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 10:23:43 pm »

Thanks.  11&*

Baha (Shawn)

• Club Vice President
  • PLATINUM Member
  • SYNCRO HiTop----K2SMD
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 10:32:21 am »

There are TWO places for information on every event we are having. The first is created by the system when the event is added to the calendar. It goes in "Upcoming Events". Most times it has all the information who-what-when-where & why. This is a read-only section.

The second location is here in "Discussion of upcoming shows"
This thread gets created in one of two ways.

1) The person posting the event to the calendar will also create the "Discussion Thread" and cut and paste the info into the first post

OR

2) A member will post to the Discussion area, questions about an event (Who's going to....? etc) either before or after the announcement thread is posted

If it happens the second way, the Events Comittee usually  #blush goes back to the announcement and pastes a link to the discussion into the announcement so you can find it easily.

So if you're looking for info on a specific event,like where and when we leave,  the best thing to do is click on the calendar button and then click the event and you will be taken to the announcement thread for the facts and then to the discussion thread for the details
The VWs you can sleep in are more gooder

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, The kind that can count and the kind that can't.

Baha (Shawn)

• Club Vice President
  • PLATINUM Member
  • SYNCRO HiTop----K2SMD
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2016, 10:36:51 am »

One other possibility...

Someone posts a title like "What are we doing Saturday" and then starts a discussion regarding a specific event, and then someone else starts a thread with the actual event in the title. The moderators usually merge these topics together under the one with the name of the event.

Way too much info, but I wanted to explain the process
The VWs you can sleep in are more gooder

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, The kind that can count and the kind that can't.
Pages: [1]   Go Up