SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NJ DMV Historic Tags  (Read 4522 times)

Bugaru "JAY"

• Car Show/Events Chairperson
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Subaru Powered 300+ HP
    • Events Chairperson
NJ DMV Historic Tags
« on: June 24, 2017, 10:33:58 am »

Well Yet another trip to the NJ DMV Historic Tags Location nearest me, and Yet another smack in the Arst

I pre visited the DMV Website and read and re-read and printed the proper form to be filled out took the proper pics, ins info etc, etc. Stood in the DMV line early Sat morning "in the Rain" with many others waiting for the doors to open..

Got inside and was directed to the line, waited, waited, waited a little longer only to be turned away once again for more proof that I didn't have on me..

This time they wanted a VIN tracing, and a SIGNED Bill Of Sale with a Notary Seal.... WTF... I expressed to the grumpy lady on the utter side of counter that it doesn't say anything on NJ DMV Historic Web site that those items were needed or I would have brought them with me like all the Utter documents that the Website says I needed. Her reply was it's on there? WHERE?

Well back again next Saturday morning with what they requested. Dang Grumpy chits

Hell it's not like I haven't been through this a few dozen Plus times yet every time I go to this location I get some sort of rejection..
 I'm beginning to think this state hates, me maybe I need to pay higher taxes, or move..   help$#

TURBO'ed 1956 Oval Window aka LOUIE. It Sucks Blows and Goes Fast-tttttt

My Dubs are built with the Best and Cheapest Quality rejected Parts.
Ok. So I'm missing and have a few loose screws, but those are only in my head

Politically Incorect and Damn Proud of it!

Gunterwagen (Nick C.)

• PLATINUM Member
Re: NJ DMV Historic Tags
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 11:04:36 am »

I know how you feel. I went to the DMV in Runnemede. I had to go 3 times. I read the site like you did. I filled out the proper forms and printed the pictures. 1st attempted the lady approved the photos and all the documents. She got the tags and THEN noticed that the title wasn't signed twice. I had to 3 day the title to California for the orig owner to sign again. The 2nd attempt...another lady didn't accept the photo because it was literally cut off a fraction of an inch on each side. You could see 99.9% of each fender. I told her that the lady before approved it AND she signed it with her initials! I expressed my fustration with her and at least she offered for me not to wait in line on the 3rd attempt.

The conclusion is...you can plan ahead all you want..but they will find SOMETHING.
Could be better, could be worse, could be in a hearse.

Rickles (Rick)

• PLATINUM Member
  • SJVWC
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 09:19:02 am »

I went to the DMV in Manahawkin in May, '16 and they didn't ask for a tracing. I had a bill of sale from the owner, but she never asked for it. Out of state title and no trouble; she even apologized because their system was down, so they would have to mail the new title. I walked out with the plates and registration, though.

Celly

• Charter Member
  • PLATINUM Member
  • SJVWC
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 12:25:40 pm »

I honestly believe its all about what kind of day they are having, bad day for them bad day for you.  Good day for them, good day for you.  It shouldn't make difference but it does.  It also matters which DMV you go to, some just have happier people...take Medford for example, always good.
There are two things in ordinary conversation which ordinary people dislike - information and wit.

It\'s not a car, it\'s not a van, its a BUS!

grungeant (Anthony)

• PLATINUM Member
  • 1974 Tintop with a nice rack
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 08:06:13 pm »

Salem is great. I've never had any trouble or spent more than 30 minutes there.
"You should remember it's peace of mind you're after, and not just a fixed machine."
Robert Pirsig

Bob(Herbie)

• Bob(Herbie)
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Herby
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 01:23:11 pm »

Salem is great. I've never had any trouble or spent more than 30 minutes there.
Same thing for me. They are very nice and helpful. For me it is worth the drive  *buG
46 years later and I am back to a '63 Rag named Herby
 '56 Oval Nigel  '53 Zwitter Project Stanley 
 Dalton said "Opinions Vary"

Bugaru "JAY"

• Car Show/Events Chairperson
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Subaru Powered 300+ HP
    • Events Chairperson
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2017, 10:38:55 am »

violin& OK, Now I'm byond pissed.
 Arrived back in State after midninght last night rather early am, got up at 5 Turdy to be ready to head to DMV "My only availability of day to do so"

Got there about 7:30 with Coffee in hand only to find a few other's milling about pissed off that the DMV was Fereaken Closed asttound

Apparently Chungy Cripy Christie decided to make the Tax payers suffer by closing State facilities while paying the employees for no-show jobs...

This State and their Hijacking of it's tax payers is getting down right disgusting

What the Freak now when DMV does reopen I have yet another trip to make to them to accomplish what they should have done the 1st time..  And this next trip to deal with the crowds that waited to the end / 1st of the month to take care of there stuff added to that the crowds that were shutout who needed to return to get there paperwork in order.. Not to mention the sour puss foul mood DMV employees who will make your trip remember-able..  n-o

TURBO'ed 1956 Oval Window aka LOUIE. It Sucks Blows and Goes Fast-tttttt

My Dubs are built with the Best and Cheapest Quality rejected Parts.
Ok. So I'm missing and have a few loose screws, but those are only in my head

Politically Incorect and Damn Proud of it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up