SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Linked Events

• Barnegat Lighthouse Vintage Camper Weekend: September 29, 2018
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Barnegat Lighthouse Vintage Camper Weekend  (Read 4965 times)

DreamWeaver J@Y:~}

• Global Moderator
  • PLATINUM Member
  • VW Vanagon's with a Touch of Subaru
Barnegat Lighthouse Vintage Camper Weekend
« on: September 23, 2018, 08:35:56 pm »

Just a reminder..
For Those who have attended this fabulous event in the pass.

The Event is This weekend Sept 29-30th
 For those that are Camping..

It appears that we'll have a larger group this year, and probably many that we don't all know. 
 To accommodate the crowd we'll be parking in kind of a Circle yea Wagons Style but more of a Linked Chain affect.
 Meaning like 4-6 Campers in a Loop or Circle.
 SOoooooo if you have family or friends that you want to be parked next to please try to arrange that you arrive together as it will be difficult to shuffle Campers around once we enter the premises and the trove of Tourist swarm us..

There will also be Old school Camper Trailers but those will be setup along the cones as in the past..

We will be meeting at the Lighthouse State Part at 10 - 10:30am
 No one will be permitted in or Parked till we arrive to arrange Parking..

The Weather looks to be Great.. Yeaaaa Finally a Sunny dry Weekend.. asttound  Temps will be in the Mid 70s and Sunny  s=un

As usual there will be the Covered Dish Dinner at 5pm Followed by Campfire on the Beach
 The Keepers of the Light will open the Lighthouse for Night Climbs if you plan on climbing to see the Sunset you better plan on being in line a little early as it gets crowed and their only let so many in until that group comes down to let the next group climb. Trust me it doesn't go as quickly as you'd expect because those who got in usually stay up there till dusk limiting the opportunity for others to get the view..  n-o  So remember to lineup early if you'd like to see the romantic Sunset..
 There is no charge to climb the Lighthouse but Donations are more then appreciated..

Pets are permitted this time of Year but must be leashed at all times and picked up after.
 Life's G@@D @ Vanagon Land  =bananachaplin+= .

Believe that and I'll gladly sell you some swamp land in the Everglades.  &^rofl

buglvw (Howard)

• PLATINUM Member
Re: Barnegat Lighthouse Vintage Camper Weekend
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 11:45:59 pm »

Chawdafest this weekend on LBI. So after camping go down to Beach Haven and check it out and vote for your favorite chowda. =hungry
If you have to copy at least be original!

matt

• PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 04:50:32 pm »

As usual there will be the Covered Dish Dinner at 5pm

What kind of heat do they allow.. I see on their site they say

"Picnic tables are located along Barnegat Inlet where visitors can picnic, relax, and observe the waterway. Two picnic shelters with tables are also provided for picnicking. Visitors who enjoy sunbathing and fishing can picnic on the sand along the jetty. Fires, propane stoves, and alcoholic beverages are prohibited. "

1955 3-fold semaphore Oval beetle
1971 Convertible beetle
1977 Westfalia, FI,  Berlin interior

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.?
― G. Michael Hopf

Bugaru "JAY"

• Car Show/Events Chairperson
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Subaru Powered 300+ HP
    • Events Chairperson
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 05:39:08 am »

As usual there will be the Covered Dish Dinner at 5pm

What kind of heat do they allow.. I see on their site they say

"Picnic tables are located along Barnegat Inlet where visitors can picnic, relax, and observe the waterway. Two picnic shelters with tables are also provided for picnicking. Visitors who enjoy sunbathing and fishing can picnic on the sand along the jetty. Fires, propane stoves, and alcoholic beverages are prohibited. "

PROPANE only.. No Charcoal or Wood fires 

TURBO'ed 1956 Oval Window aka LOUIE. It Sucks Blows and Goes Fast-tttttt

My Dubs are built with the Best and Cheapest Quality rejected Parts.
Ok. So I'm missing and have a few loose screws, but those are only in my head

Politically Incorect and Damn Proud of it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up