SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Club Picnic  (Read 7635 times)

scarecrow

Club Picnic
« on: June 07, 2008, 08:06:22 pm »

Great food (-) nice people itstrue very much enjoyed the time spent with you all :icon_sunny: sjvwcrocks

Felt like a wimp for not driving my Rat :surrender: until I left ^^^  99 Degrees bumper to bumper stop & go headed down the Pike. How soon we forget the old days when we had no AC

See you all at Atco  drive&&

lovebus (jack)

• Club Co-Founder, Member SJVWCC
  • Web Site Administrator
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Happy Trails Vanagon, AB2W
    • SJVWC Charter Member
Re: Club Picnic
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 08:29:52 pm »

Mark, it was a great picnic today and a lagre turnout.. Out in the sun was Unbearable, but in the shade it was jusT cool enough to have a very enjoyable day. We even stayed past our park cut off time of 3pm. The Board of Directors Decided  to have the picnic a month earlier so it would NOT be as hot as the past two years and what the  :evil: we have record Temps for June, go figure  &m&

The Food everyone brought to the picnic was GREAT and as always more then we could eat. We always get to see some great people that we don't see to often, and that is also nice. 4 MORE PAGES OF PHOTOS

A big THANKS to everyone that showed up to have our third great picnic.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 08:36:45 pm by 6d4vdub (jack) »
I don't have to go to work in the morning....

RT 66 June 1, 2015

"Why restore it to its former short comings
When you can modify it too its full potential."

njgt-1

• Charter Member---Past Club President
  • PLATINUM Member
    • South Jersey VW Club
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 02:56:12 pm »

Guys,

Just have to mention that I had a great time also!
I'm finally cooled off enough to write! It was a hot one but
with the shady spot, all the good food and VW talk it was worth it!  :icon_sunny:

It was great to see and meet a few new members, William & Debbie and spend time talking "shop" with just about everybody else. Also despite the heat, I counted 11 VW's parked and that alone was a great site!

blu_bug orgghia Jt3      blubus       blu181 grnbug redbug orgbug blu181 redbug
                Jacks Bus
Hope every had a safe, and somewhat cool ride home! and lets do it again real soon! 
\\\\\\\"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing\\\\\\\"

Ben Franklin

lovebus (jack)

• Web Site Administrator
  • PLATINUM Member
    • SJVWC Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 04:38:12 pm »

blu_bug orgghia Jt3      blubus       blu181 grnbug redbug orgbug blu181 redbug
                Jacks Bus
Hope every had a safe, and somewhat cool ride home! and lets do it again real soon! 

It was the hotest ride home ever, I broke down, but thats a story for latter.

RT 66 June 1, 2015

Bugaru "JAY"

• Car Show/Events Chairperson
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Subaru Powered 300+ HP
    • Events Chairperson
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 07:36:08 pm »

I had to move my house browl out  :icon_geek:, and wrenched on my car all weekend, sorry for not attend. Trying to get it ready for Punch-my-buggy day.

Hey did you guys go camping? Looks like you were camping, one big Camp Site, woodstock with all the trees. Hey I think I know why it was so hot where you were, because I think a certin someone brought a freaking Buss Heater to heat things up  :icon_sunny:...
 Jay stoned#

TURBO'ed 1956 Oval Window aka LOUIE. It Sucks Blows and Goes Fast-tttttt

My Dubs are built with the Best and Cheapest Quality rejected Parts.
Ok. So I'm missing and have a few loose screws, but those are only in my head

Politically Incorect and Damn Proud of it!

njgt-1

• PLATINUM Member
    • South Jersey VW Club
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 09:18:03 pm »

It was the hotest ride home ever, I broke down, but thats a story for latter.

Hey hope it was nothing serious. On the way home my oil temp got up to around 200 degrees, I usually run around 180. The car ran but was really sluggish.

Hey did you guys go camping? Looks like you were camping, one big Camp Site, woodstock with all the trees.

Na, just a nice grove of trees and shade. The park ranger we were talking to told us "It was one of the coolest spots in the park and the group across the field that had reserved  the pavilion were cooking under the shingled roof" We should try to reserve that spot for next year.
\\\\\\\"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing\\\\\\\"

Ben Franklin

Bugaru "JAY"

• Car Show/Events Chairperson
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Subaru Powered 300+ HP
    • Events Chairperson
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 08:29:22 am »

Actually I’ve always herd that the preferred oil temp especially for air cooled engines should be right around 200+ degrees. And have seen this normally on my Harleys, and Porsches. Because the heat will separate any moisture and condensation from the oil and evaporate it. Oil will not boil or dissipate but any water droplets will be gone. Trust me we all have water in our engines simply from the heating and cooling of the ambient temperature as the engine metals sweet internally.  So 200+ degrees is good I know it sounds hot, but it's actually better for your engine it's merely a mental thing. Your oil will still be oil, and the moisture will be gonezo. The only thing that high oil temps will do is thin your oil to the lower viscosity rating / thickness of your oil, thus why it is preferred to run a thicker oil in the summer and a thinner oil in the cooler weather. Naturally the more performance the engine, and the hotter the day the hotter the oil will read. But Bob I know that you know all of this stuff, it's Just my  2CENTS .. By the way how Hot was it yesterday?

TURBO'ed 1956 Oval Window aka LOUIE. It Sucks Blows and Goes Fast-tttttt

My Dubs are built with the Best and Cheapest Quality rejected Parts.
Ok. So I'm missing and have a few loose screws, but those are only in my head

Politically Incorect and Damn Proud of it!

njgt-1

• PLATINUM Member
    • South Jersey VW Club
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 10:46:51 am »

Actually I’ve always herd that the preferred oil temp especially for air cooled engines should be right around 200+ degrees. And have seen this normally on my Harleys, and Porsches. Because the heat will separate any moisture and condensation from the oil and evaporate it. Oil will not boil or dissipate but any water droplets will be gone

I've heard the same but the 72 usually runs around 180 - 190. A hard run over 50mph will bring it up to 200+ but it usually goes back down. I wasn't running the car that hard, just drivin down the pike so it seemed weird when the temp didn't go back down but considering the 90+ air temps I figure thats somewhat normal. The delortos don't like the heat, big difference when driving the car on a cool night I can feel an increase in power and the engine responds real crisp. Funny thing was that the cylinder head temp on #1 stayed around 275 so I'm thinking the incoming air temps made the difference in how fast the engine could shedd heat. Again nothing was hurt but just interesting how our "Air suckers" respond to the outside environment.

Ben Franklin

Celly

• Charter Member
  • PLATINUM Member
  • SJVWC
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008, 10:41:51 pm »

Hey guys, sorry for the late response but I had a great time at the pik-a-nik (for all you old heads)

I also got a couple great pic-a-tures

YOu guys might remember the Red tail Hawk being chased by the crows...well after they settled their diffrences they (two hawks) came by and wanted to join the club.  I took all info and they assured me they would try and make our next meeting.  I also got a couple glamour shots....enjoy!!   
There are two things in ordinary conversation which ordinary people dislike - information and wit.

It\'s not a car, it\'s not a van, its a BUS!

Celly

• Charter Member
  • PLATINUM Member
  • SJVWC
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2008, 10:43:37 pm »

and also the twins....
There are two things in ordinary conversation which ordinary people dislike - information and wit.

It\'s not a car, it\'s not a van, its a BUS!

lovebus (jack)

• Web Site Administrator
  • PLATINUM Member
    • SJVWC Charter Member
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2008, 10:58:51 pm »

Great Pix's!!

RT 66 June 1, 2015

njgt-1

• PLATINUM Member
    • South Jersey VW Club
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2008, 06:03:49 am »

YOu guys might remember the Red tail Hawk being chased by the crows...well after they settled their diffrences they (two hawks) came by and wanted to join the club.  I took all info and they assured me they would try and make our next meeting.  I also got a couple glamour shots....enjoy!!

Damn! didn't think they were so big! Great bird shots, they look like they could carry a VW off! We should make them the official mascots !

Ben Franklin

scarecrow

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2008, 06:36:08 am »

Hawks are cool P#3
Pages: [1]   Go Up