SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dubs in the Shrubs  (Read 6759 times)

Fire Lady (Michelle)

• SJVWC Charter Member
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
    • Charter Member
Dubs in the Shrubs
« on: April 18, 2016, 09:11:55 pm »

The Old School Euros put on a great show/campout with Dubs in the Shrubs!!   ^banana=

We went mid-afternoon Saturday  and it was a beautiful day! We parked next to a couple that recently got their bus and tried to enlighten them a little about the VW scene in NJ.  We saw several old friends and hung out late into the night around the fire.  Sunday's car show was laid out nicely with vendors on the right as you walk in and bugs; ghias and dune buggies on the left.  There was a bouncehouse, kid bug parade, and playground for the little dudes.  There was a local restaurant selling food, clean bathrooms, a large variety of goodies available for their raffle in the center of it all.  If you turned to the left there were 2 rows of buses and then the swap area.  I sat with our girl Paula amidst all her fabulous tye-dyes while Yucel went looking for VW (and other old rusty) treasures.

Tucked in the back corner were all the Old School Euros V-dubs.... they have some sweet rides!!!!!!  *buG

John G., Joe T., Dave& Rosie, and Roger were there- so 3 SJVWC cars were entered in the show.  Left before the awards were announced.... we were both in desperate need of a nap!  I'm not even sure how Yucel got us home, he only had about 3 hours of sleep. But Chester did get us home safely and quickly (only about a 35 minute ride!)   Were we really in Trenton?.. not like the Trenton I've seen before.

Great people, good vibes, hot fire, AND nice place for a car show! We will definitely be going to this one again next year!!    !hug
most people have to go to work in the morning

lovebus (jack)

• Club Co-Founder, Member SJVWCC
  • Web Site Administrator
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Happy Trails Vanagon, AB2W
    • SJVWC Charter Member
Re: Dubs in the Shrubs
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 03:59:18 pm »

Thanks for the great report M.  dance$#
I don't have to go to work in the morning....

RT 66 June 1, 2015

"Why restore it to its former short comings
When you can modify it too its full potential."
Pages: [1]   Go Up