SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Linked Events

• AIR RAID!!!: April 13, 2019
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nic?s ?not an Air Raid?  (Read 31094 times)

rich67vw

Re: Nic?s ?not an Air Raid?
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2019, 07:46:05 pm »

LOL! I understand about the doughnut priority!!...

As for the brake pedal assembly, I centered the brake pushrod into the master cylinder at an earlier point, but believe it was still positioned like that when Ralph and I left it. I mentioned a  adjustment was necessary as the pushrod felt a little far from the pushrod to the recess in the brake master cylinder piston. It should just be a hair movement like 1mm before the pushrod contact the cup recess in the MS. Some people adjust the clevis screw, others do the brake stop. With the brake stop being undone and replaced, I know it is probably out of proper position as opposed to the clevis screw.
  When I left, I know Joe was in the car trying to start it. Perhaps he has a feel for how the brakes/pedal were.

If brake lights are the issue, perhaps it is part of the wiring issue (?) Need to trace the circuit.. possibly no voltage associated with the MS (?)

Matt

Thanks Matt- Celly got the lights going basically bypassing the switches,  with nick pressing on the pedal, never occurring to us that maybe the pedal isn't engaging.  whistll=-

yeah, wiring we found in the front turn signal assemblies was completely backwards. there's a second jumble of taped up spaghetti jammed near the wiper linkage with a potentially bad relay. instead of replacing the relay, the PO sliced and diced the wiring. We are almost there on straightening it out ^banana=

Nick, can ya text Celly if they are three prong or two prong switches before you order anything...

VWPANZER1

• Member SJVWC ------- Charter Member-------Past Presidant------- Club Co-Founder
  • Club Vice President
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
    • SJVWC Charter Member
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2019, 09:51:49 pm »

In order to get the clutch to engage, I added another nut to the already nut that was there. It seemed to have a nice engagement. Although there seemed to be missing a stop or adjustment as the clutch peddle came too far forward. I don't think it engaged until a 1/4 way down although it's hard to tell without driving it.  Adding nuts to shim cables that are too long has worked for me in the past on a few old bugs and busses I have owned.

On dune buggies when you cut the 14 inches out of the pan (no one at that time sold shorten clutch cables) you loop the clutch cable and secure it with wire clamps. It was hard to get it just right, that's when you shim the cable with whatever you have, sockets work well. My buggy has had this clutch cable modification on it for 49 years and it's still holding up, at least the last time I checked it.

Thanks, Annmarie for being an outstanding hostess. The food was incredible.   =hungry

rich67vw

« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2019, 12:43:22 pm »

In order to get the clutch to engage, I added another nut to the already nut that was there. It seemed to have a nice engagement. Although there seemed to be missing a stop or adjustment as the clutch peddle came too far forward. I don't think it engaged until a 1/4 way down although it's hard to tell without driving it.  Adding nuts to shim cables that are too long has worked for me in the past on a few old bugs and busses I have owned.

On dune buggies when you cut the 14 inches out of the pan (no one at that time sold shorten clutch cables) you loop the clutch cable and secure it with wire clamps. It was hard to get it just right, that's when you shim the cable with whatever you have, sockets work well. My buggy has had this clutch cable modification on it for 49 years and it's still holding up, at least the last time I checked it.

Thanks, Annmarie for being an outstanding hostess. The food was incredible.   =hungry

Ok thanks, JoeT. I'm guessing the car had a Squareback cable in it- maybe that's why it was too  long? who knows... Nick does have a 2260mm Beetle cable in his stash, so we will end up replacing it with that one and checking the pedal assembly for a few things... -vomit\

« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 02:04:58 pm by MugMan (Rich) »

Richard

• Global Moderator
  • PLATINUM Member
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2019, 01:12:17 pm »

\LIKE= \LIKE=

Oh yeah!!  \LIKE= \LIKE=
Zoom Zoom...   ;-)

Gunterwagen (Nick C.)

• PLATINUM Member
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2019, 06:52:24 am »

I just ordered the next round of parts. Fedex says itll be delivered next Monday. (4/22) MugMan/DonutMan, Celly, and I are still working out the details on the 1/4 rear window rubber seals. Whats needed, whats not, etc. But I will say you need to donate a kidney to afford them. But in my case, the joke would be on them. Haha.

Of course we're going to feed you well. It's in our nature, thats what we do. Thanks again to everyone for their help! I really appreciate it.

Could be better, could be worse, could be in a hearse.

Gunterwagen (Nick C.)

• PLATINUM Member
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2019, 06:57:30 pm »

Is anyone available on May 11th for a possible air raid. It?ll finish up the car so it can be drivable.

rich67vw

« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2019, 08:47:59 pm »

Yes, I should be there assuming jelly donuts from Deluxe Bakery will be there....

lovebus (jack)

• Club Co-Founder, Member SJVWCC
  • Web Site Administrator
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Happy Trails Vanagon, AB2W
    • SJVWC Charter Member
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2019, 09:15:05 pm »

Will try to be there this time (now that most of the worik is done...)
I don't have to go to work in the morning....

RT 66 June 1, 2015

"Why restore it to its former short comings
When you can modify it too its full potential."

Gunterwagen (Nick C.)

• PLATINUM Member
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2019, 09:25:31 pm »

We?ll have a seat and donut with your name on it Jack!

Gunterwagen (Nick C.)

• PLATINUM Member
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2019, 09:28:31 pm »

Mugman: of course! If you?re coming, we?ll have to supplement with Entenmann?s!!  haha

Richard

• Global Moderator
  • PLATINUM Member
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2019, 10:42:16 pm »

I'll be there.
9ish?
Zoom Zoom...   ;-)

rich67vw

« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2019, 06:50:52 am »

Me too

matt

• PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2019, 07:40:34 pm »

Will try, too early to tell yet.....

matt
1955 3-fold semaphore Oval beetle
1971 Convertible beetle
1977 Westfalia, FI,  Berlin interior

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.?
― G. Michael Hopf
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up