SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Camping Rig  (Read 9874 times)

njgt-1

• Charter Member---Past Club President
  • PLATINUM Member
    • South Jersey VW Club
Re: Camping Rig
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2009, 12:52:53 pm »

Where do you think the term '3 dog night' came from? Cold arse hippies trying to keep warm in their buses!!! SERIOUSLY!!!

Actually it came from Australia where aborigines were known to sleep with their dogs and a cold night was referred to a "3 dog night". I was a big fan of the singing group back in the 70's and remember the explanation for the name.

I've got a Chessie and that has to be the warmest dog on the planet. If the Aborigines had them the group would have been named "One dog night". 
\\\\\\\"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing\\\\\\\"

Ben Franklin

braidmeister

Re: Camping Rig
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2009, 01:10:16 pm »

Actually it came from Australia where aborigines were known to sleep with their dogs and a cold night was referred to a "3 dog night". I was a big fan of the singing group back in the 70's and remember the explanation for the name.

Try telling that to the hippies in Colorado still rolling around in old Ford, Chevy & VW forward control vans  :icon_cheesygrin: :icon_cheesygrin: :icon_cheesygrin:

I lived out there 10yrs ago & it was like stepping back in time. Where there were vans busicon2 , there were dogs for those cold mountain nights! 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up