SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 179   Go Down

Author Topic: What did you do to your VW today?  (Read 748715 times)

Yuma

Re: What did you do to your VW today?
« Reply #165 on: November 04, 2009, 01:58:14 pm »

Went out at 9:00 am this morning, washed and waxed the 67 Bug
in preparation for Cruise Night on Thurs., finished waxing at 11:00 am.  @7@ @7@ @7@
Really need a paint job bad, will look into that later this month.   rdone 

Yuma   ( Sonny ) 

Beetleboi -Greg-

• Band for hire, let me know what you need!
  • PLATINUM Member
    • Greg's Facebook
« Reply #166 on: November 05, 2009, 02:01:13 am »

"Wax what's that?" no 1. most common question of a rat owner. The tree sap and dead bugs add character!
ROUTE 66 MAY 2014

1972 Volkswagen WestFakia "Mildred"

You buy your own bus, and do what you want to your bus. I'll do what I want to so with mine. Pissing off purists one modification at at time.

"After a Hurricane Comes a Rainbow" - Katy Perry

scarecrow

« Reply #167 on: November 05, 2009, 07:12:46 am »

"Wax what's that?" no 1. most common question of a rat owner. The tree sap and dead bugs add character!
Long live the Rats  :icon_king:       It's the stress free way to go  :icon_cheesygrin:     Shiney expensive paint don't make it run better or faster drive&& :icon_geek: wheres my rattle can :icon_tongue:

Baha (Shawn)

• Club Vice President
  • PLATINUM Member
  • SYNCRO HiTop----K2SMD
« Reply #168 on: November 05, 2009, 10:55:20 am »

Shiney paint don't make it run better or faster drive&& :icon_geek:

Said the guy who polished his dull bus  777
The VWs you can sleep in are more gooder

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, The kind that can count and the kind that can't.

njgt-1

• Charter Member---Past Club President
  • PLATINUM Member
    • South Jersey VW Club
« Reply #169 on: November 05, 2009, 11:27:07 am »

The tree sap and dead bugs add character!

:icon_puke_l: :icon_puke_l: :icon_puke_l: :icon_puke_l:
also rust....as the paint rots off
\\\\\\\"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing\\\\\\\"

Ben Franklin

scarecrow

« Reply #170 on: November 05, 2009, 12:06:41 pm »

Said the guy who polished his dull bus  777
Ah...  888 thats different  :icon_wink: Still original one repaint patina  :icon_jokercolor: But I'm having a real hard time resisting the temptation to break out the spray bomb primer  :surrender: Red oxide for the bottom, gray for the top, some home made flames  c23 stoned#  :icon_geek:

3Gear

• PLATINUM Member
« Reply #171 on: November 06, 2009, 08:39:42 am »

Nothing, I did nothing.  I left work early at 4 just so I could do some work on the bug, and as soon as I got in the car it started to rain  m-d &m& m-d2 %6%  I did manage to get my basment fixed up from the past 5 projects I did. You know the drill, going from one right into the next with out putting everything back where it belongs...
1985 Westfalia Millie

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

VWPANZER1

• Member SJVWC ------- Charter Member-------Past Presidant------- Club Co-Founder
  • Club Vice President
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
    • SJVWC Charter Member
« Reply #172 on: November 06, 2009, 01:38:36 pm »

Yesterday was one of those perfect examples of what seems like a simple job going complex. @7@

I towed the Dunebuggy to Franks Body shop in Camden to get the side pods painted to match the body.

I had the already ordered and received  the  Fusia flake from the "House of Color". It looked like the perfect match.

Then it all went down hill. The side pods had spider cracks which meant grinding, adding glass bondo, grinding, sanding and priming before Spraying the black base, the Flake and the clear. Frank annouced that the Flake lacked the blue and the two other shades of red so I should consider doing the entire car. Well if were going to shoot the entire car we may as well grind down the the mold seams, holes and the dash creases. Since were doing the dash we may as well do the steering column, hub and steering wheel center and so forth.

So my one-day job has turned into a mult-day mini-project.

A special thanks to Frank Perez for the use of his facility, equipment, time and talent. (love

jt

Celly

• Charter Member
  • PLATINUM Member
  • SJVWC
« Reply #173 on: November 06, 2009, 03:20:16 pm »

Yesterday was one of those perfect examples of what seems like a simple job going complex. @7@

I towed the Dunebuggy to Franks Body shop in Camden to get the side pods painted to match the body.

I had the already ordered and received  the  Fusia flake from the "House of Color". It looked like the perfect match.

Then it all went down hill. The side pods had spider cracks which meant grinding, adding glass bondo, grinding, sanding and priming before Spraying the black base, the Flake and the clear. Frank annouced that the Flake lacked the blue and the two other shades of red so I should consider doing the entire car. Well if were going to shoot the entire car we may as well grind down the the mold seams, holes and the dash creases. Since were doing the dash we may as well do the steering column, hub and steering wheel center and so forth.

So my one-day job has turned into a mult-day mini-project.

A special thanks to Frank Perez for the use of his facility, equipment, time and talent. (love

jt

Sounds like your gonna make the Ocelot even sweeter!
There are two things in ordinary conversation which ordinary people dislike - information and wit.

It\'s not a car, it\'s not a van, its a BUS!

66-Ghia

« Reply #174 on: November 06, 2009, 07:41:03 pm »

Covered the ghia, put marker on windshield of 75 bus that reads "Sale Pending"
Started the 71 bus and looked inside and saw all the parts etc. I bought to get it ready to finish up. But on Wed. my doctor gave me bad news and said my "ticker"
isn't as strong as it use to be and I must slow down. Slow down from doing  what nothing, except taking care of Joan? I keep telling myself that 78 is only a number, now I feel like it.  %6%

Beetleboi -Greg-

• PLATINUM Member
    • Greg's Facebook
« Reply #175 on: November 06, 2009, 08:03:59 pm »

Bud I'm no doctor, but I believe that slowing down is what makes people sick. My grandmother is 80 something  she walks 2 miles a day and she is in great shape! My grandfather on the other hand isn't very active and it's the opposite. What I'm getting at is, you're only as old as you make yourself out to be. Anything that you do not have the physical strength to do you have 40+ guys/gals in the club who will be more than willing to help you out.

We love ya bud!

Bud didn't know you had a bus for sale, if it falls through let me know.
ROUTE 66 MAY 2014

You buy your own bus, and do what you want to your bus. I'll do what I want to so with mine. Pissing off purists one modification at at time.

66-Ghia

« Reply #176 on: November 06, 2009, 08:31:27 pm »

Thanks for the kind words Greg, you wouldn't want the 75 bus, it is a parts bus and is already spoken for. The reason for the sign, is to keep a guy off my back~ or out of  our yard.
Thanks again
Bud

Beetleboi -Greg-

• PLATINUM Member
    • Greg's Facebook
« Reply #177 on: November 07, 2009, 01:23:29 pm »

Changed the oil in the Corolla... I know not a VW and replaced burnt out tail lights.

Adjusted brakes in bug, looked to see why the fog lights don't work anymore. @7@
ROUTE 66 MAY 2014

Beetleboi -Greg-

• PLATINUM Member
    • Greg's Facebook
« Reply #178 on: November 07, 2009, 03:06:12 pm »

Brakes are great! It's scary when I saw how far away from the drums they were! Also, you do not need to take the wheels off to re attach the heater hose from the heater boxes up... I didn't know this till I went underneath to explore. You learn something new each time. I think this brake adjustment is the best I've done.
I also took off the darn bumble bee noise maker... I'm a loud kinda guy but that think made me nautious. Shaun check your mail...
ROUTE 66 MAY 2014

Baha (Shawn)

• Club Vice President
  • PLATINUM Member
  • SYNCRO HiTop----K2SMD
« Reply #179 on: November 07, 2009, 04:54:58 pm »

!9!
The VWs you can sleep in are more gooder

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, The kind that can count and the kind that can't.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 179   Go Up