SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Great Train Run- Cruise to Horseshoe Curve  (Read 3956 times)

Baha (Shawn)

• Club Vice President
  • PLATINUM Member
  • SYNCRO HiTop----K2SMD
The Great Train Run- Cruise to Horseshoe Curve
« on: September 10, 2014, 09:03:12 am »

We are heading to Altoona PA on Friday October 3rd (thru Sun the 5th) to visit the famous Horshoe Curve and Rail Roaders Memorial Museum. If youre a train buff, you don't want to miss this.

Horseshoe Curve is a three-track railroad curve in Blair County, Pennsylvania. It was completed in 1854 by the Pennsylvania Railroad as a way to lessen the grade to the summit of the Allegheny Mountains.

Rail Roaders Memorial Museum The museum is dedicated to revealing, interpreting, commemorating and celebrating the significant contributions of railroaders and their families to American life and industry.

The campers in the group will be camping at Wright's Orchard Station Campground, but there are lots of hotels & motels withing just a few blocks so our non-camping members can come along as well. This is going to be an incredible cruise through the PA countryside at the beginning of the fall foliage season. Hope to see you there

So far Jack & JoAnn, Tracy and I and George G and his wife are going... Anybody else?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 09:33:12 am by Baha (Shawn) »
The VWs you can sleep in are more gooder

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, The kind that can count and the kind that can't.

lovebus (jack)

• Club Co-Founder, Member SJVWCC
  • Web Site Administrator
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Happy Trails Vanagon, AB2W
    • SJVWC Charter Member
Re: The Great Train Run- Cruise to Horseshoe Curve
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 05:06:55 pm »

I made reservations for Shawn and myself for the  Oct. 3rd & 4th at Wright's Orchard Station Campground Phone: 1-814 695-2628 reservations
I don't have to go to work in the morning....

RT 66 June 1, 2015

"Why restore it to its former short comings
When you can modify it too its full potential."
Pages: [1]   Go Up