SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dripfest 8 - 2015  (Read 9290 times)

matt

• PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
Dripfest 8 - 2015
« on: October 29, 2015, 09:32:39 pm »

Had a great time,  Unfortunate,   had a very late start, and I can now say,  I do not think I will EVER drive my 6 volt in the dark again on unlit back roads... especially with cars behind me with bright lights, which made the shadow of my car fall in front of me which was so black, my headlights would not penetrate it    :shock:   I was driving by the feel of the road some of time.. IT was reeeeeal scary some of the times    I thought it would be pathetic if I died BEFORE the Dripfest camp-out & show! 

But made it, setting up tents in the night is not much fun, but had help from Tony, - whoever that was, but can say he was extremely helpful getting our ground tents up.  Thanks Tony! - I hope that is your name - you know who you are..............

So afterward hung out by a nice big fire with the Old City Oil Drippers for some good talk, and we want to thank whoever bought the boxes of pizza for everyone to share.  They were great re-heated over the fire! Thanks =D>

Went to bed around 1:00 am, had a good sleep - love the open space to set up camp and check out the stars - a little brisk, but beautiful night to camp.

Plenty of camping room!  and more in the woods if that is for you.. we preferred the field...

After a good night sleeep, I found I was the first one up,  - what a bunch of slackers!!

Finally got them up to get cooking me some pancakes and grub!

After a good meal, it was then time to pack up and get down to the show!

The show was great, a lot of cars/buses/ other aircooled to see and new people to meet.  Food was good, and the live music was very impressive.
Unfortunately this show was in competition with another shows new rain date, as well as a big car and parts auction (including vw's) nearby... but I think there was over 80 cars...

Thanks to all of the OCOD members who did an outstanding job this year, as in previous years.  Your work to put this together is greatly appreciated!!!

Also was good to see Bob from our club, selling his wares.... hope you made out Bob -MONEY\ - quite a few people were buying stuff while we were talking.

A few other pic.s

95%+ all original... really amazing to see! rare not to have a crowd around it

This was waaaay cool

1955 3-fold semaphore Oval beetle
1971 Convertible beetle
1977 Westfalia, FI,  Berlin interior

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.?
― G. Michael Hopf

VWPANZER1

• Member SJVWC ------- Charter Member-------Past Presidant------- Club Co-Founder
  • Club Vice President
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
    • SJVWC Charter Member
Re: Dripfest 8 - 2015
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 09:56:58 pm »

Thanks for the pictures Matt, (and story).

Bugaru "JAY"

• Car Show/Events Chairperson
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Subaru Powered 300+ HP
    • Events Chairperson
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 07:44:40 am »

Finally got them up to get cooking me some pancakes and grub!

Yoo Matty, you finally got the Butterfly Catcher fixed and operational. Looks Good Buddy..  11&*

By the way how does it work at Highway speeds. Are you catching many Butterflys  -rofl\

Ohoooo BTW how in the hell did you get all that stuff and Katie packed up in that 36HP monster ? skid))

TURBO'ed 1956 Oval Window aka LOUIE. It Sucks Blows and Goes Fast-tttttt

My Dubs are built with the Best and Cheapest Quality rejected Parts.
Ok. So I'm missing and have a few loose screws, but those are only in my head

Politically Incorect and Damn Proud of it!

Bob(Herbie)

• Bob(Herbie)
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Herby
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 09:33:43 am »

Thanks for the pictures and story Matt. I did not have much time to see the Show and cars, which was a good thing for me! My Brother-in-law helped and pulled the trailer with his truck. We had a great day! The people were very nice. The OCOD Club did a great job. We had food and live music. The porta-pots were close by, which is a help for us  old-\
46 years later and I am back to a '63 Rag named Herby
 '56 Oval Nigel  '53 Zwitter Project Stanley 
 Dalton said "Opinions Vary"

lovebus (jack)

• Club Co-Founder, Member SJVWCC
  • Web Site Administrator
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Happy Trails Vanagon, AB2W
    • SJVWC Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 09:44:06 am »

Great account of the show Matt with pictures made it all the better.  dance$#  Still wish you guys could have made our  campout. cr\y maybe next year..........
I don't have to go to work in the morning....

RT 66 June 1, 2015

"Why restore it to its former short comings
When you can modify it too its full potential."

Baha (Shawn)

• Club Vice President
  • PLATINUM Member
  • SYNCRO HiTop----K2SMD
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2015, 01:23:52 pm »

6 volt 55 watt (35 & 45 available too)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/231280918450?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82

http://www.ebay.com/itm/H6024-Pair-7-Head-Light-Housing-Round-Glass-Conversion-Lamp-Set-/161697292384?hash=item25a5e8e060:g:iA4AAOSwbqpT2UTR&vxp=mtr

It's 2015... There are easy alternatives- You're not stuck anymore

Look at this one...LED! 6-13 Volt $22.00!

The VWs you can sleep in are more gooder

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, The kind that can count and the kind that can't.

matt

• PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2015, 09:25:46 pm »

YES! Thanks Shawn!! maybe it will be like looking into    s=un  s=un

Jay,
  HAh, forgot about it being a buttterfly catcher....Ted exceeds the weight limit of the 55,  devil)-  so he took my convert instead....
On the way home, did not take the same roads, so able to go faster,  I think I got up to 45 - 50 mph with Ted following.... he stayed waaaaay behind me -  gives him time to dodge it if it comes off again...guy is smart!  I'm feeling more confident about it at higher speeds after my traumatic experience...  All the other stuff was piled in the trailer...

Jack, next year I will try to convicnce them to move it to another date, but there is so many established bug shows, they have little room, they want to avoid scorching hot days.  Also I think it was last year ( I arrived a day late for the show.. whistll=- ) but apparently invited were water cooled cars.... quite a few came, and caused a number of problems including a lot of damage turfing up the fields with peel outs   skid))   etc...    =cemcored\     The one member who works at Hibernia said they almost lost the privilege of the show being there again... but OCOD promised NO watercooled vehicles to be part of the show.   But they can park in the spectator area which is like 60 ft away...

1971 Convertible beetle

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.?
― G. Michael Hopf

matt

• PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2015, 09:28:57 pm »

Thanks for the pictures Matt, (and story).

THanks Joe, actually you came to mind when I say the BMW bike, and there were a number of old porches that showed up....

Hope you can make it next year!

1971 Convertible beetle

― G. Michael Hopf
Pages: [1]   Go Up