Events & Cruises > Discussion of Past events

Dust 'em Off Cruise through the Pine Barrens 4/7

(1/4) > >>

Celly:
Dust 'em Off Cruise through the Pine Barrens

It is time to get those VWs back on the road. Our Dust 'em Off Cruise will meet at Nixons General Store & Deli, which is a Pine Barrens landmark since 1850.  Nixons has a full deli & grill, award winning cheesesteaks & hoagies, old fashion penny candy by the pound, fresh baked cookies, and more.

From there we'll caravan to several locations in the Pine Barrens along a very scenic route with no lights! Well, there are 2 lights but that's not until we get really close to our final destination. The Edwin B. Forsythe National Wildlife Refuge in Oceanville protects more than 47,000 acres of southern New Jersey coastal habitats and offers refuge for migratory birds. There are hiking/biking trails and a learning center in the headquarters. There is a very scenic loop to drive around the wetlands and woodlands with views of AC and Brigantine across the bay, a lookout tower, and potential to see many birds and water fowl. 

Entrance fee to the refuge is $4 per car (cash only)

Planning to have lunch at the Pitney Pub which is close by.

Meeting Place:  Nixon's General Store & Deli
540 Chatsworth & New Roads, Tabernacle, New Jersey

Meeting Time: Saturday 4/7 at 8:30 am for a 9:00 am departure

Hope to see you and your VW there!
  skid))      skid))     skid))

Celly:
Also listed on the Samba

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=696290

Please go there and talk it up  idea\  Flag* -MONEY\

Celly:
And Full Moon Bus Club

http://fullmoonbusclub.com/event/44

Flag*

Beetleboi -Greg-:
8:30?!?!?  (argue\

Fire Lady (Michelle):
I will be there!!  Oh wait, I guess I will be his navigator. It is going to be great! We did some test runs last weekend to find the COOLEST places for everyone!  Bring some binoculars for the wildlife refuge. 

Nixons serves breakfast sandwiches so you won?t have to eat before you leave your house Greg.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version