Events & Cruises > Upcoming Events & Cruises

Hibernia Park camping, fiddlers picnic 2019

(1/2) > >>

matt:
John,

Just want to put this out there, thinking of camping.
Near me is Hibernia Park, Hiking trails, streams, etc.

Three dollar tour for the 200 year old mansion

The park allows camping, few times Katie and I went there with the PA Oil City Drippers, a club that denied it was a club.
Group camping is allowd in an open field, which is what we did.
First picture is of the open field, ( like how the very early Flanders set up was) which you can see some of the buses of the OCD group in the woods,  & some were farther in the woods and can't be seen here....

Here we stayed more in the field so as to get early sleep without neighbor's noise....

Note the open field behind us...

Other buses in the woods edge....

If open field camping is not allowed anymore for group campers ( I have to verify) they have some nice camping spots in camping areas... here is vid for that introduction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apB5S_Gba6k&feature=youtu.be

Now what make this potential camping unique is once a year there is a large gathering of folk/bluegrass/old time musicians, event is known as the Fiddlers picnic,
Here are some shots....

This occurs around August every year, food, etc  is usually sold.

So thought this would be a good camping outing for the group - timing the camping with the fiddlers picnic, for those who want to camp - or even come the next day for the show, & check out a beautiful park.

Just wanted to put this out there; I can say more as the time approaches. Will be calling the park office to verify group field & woods anywhere camping without boarders

Matt

lovebus (jack):
Looks good Matt!!

buglvw (Howard):
Great idea Matt. idea\ Something for the club to consider I hope.

6T5 square:
The fiddler picnic- is there a date for this year or what time of year do they usually have it?

matt:

I will call the park this week, and see if they have a date settled and let you know John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version