SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HOLIDAY PARTY??  (Read 3793 times)

6T5 square

• PLATINUM Member
THE HOLIDAY PARTY??
« on: March 13, 2020, 05:55:19 am »

Yes I know its March and its a bit early to be talking about the holiday party but we need to book a place to have the festivities.

If you have any ideas of places you would like the board to consider, post them up. After the April meeting, the board will begin the process of choosing a place to go and getting in a reservation so we may get the date and the venue you want. The place must hold at least 50 -75 people comfortably and not be overly expensive. Location we can work with.

So lets see what you got. We look forward to hearing from you.
John
60 Beetle- Ned
65 1500S Squareback-Weezer gone but not forgotten
2014 Jetta
Dont know everything but I'll try and learn
Friends don't let friends drive 6 volts
Obnoxious objector??

matt

• PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
Re: THE HOLIDAY PARTY??
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020, 09:22:57 am »

Our favorite was the Chinese buffet, although other places were nice...  my2cents
1955 3-fold semaphore Oval beetle
1971 Convertible beetle
1977 Westfalia, FI,  Berlin interior

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.?
― G. Michael Hopf

Gunterwagen (Nick C.)

• PLATINUM Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 05:01:22 pm »

A few months ago, we went to Amici's in Cherry Hill for an event. It held about 80 or so. It was buffet style and the food was good and fresh. I recommend it.

https://amicinj.com/
Could be better, could be worse, could be in a hearse.

Richard

• Global Moderator
  • PLATINUM Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2020, 12:15:26 am »

I also liked the Chinese buffet.

I've eaten lunch and dinner at Amici's many times. Never had a bad meal. Prices are reasonable. They make a ziti w/ meat sauce that is to die for!!! I'm surprised to hear that it will hold 80 people and still have room for the auction table and a podium area. But, I've only been in the dining area to the left of the entry.
Parking can be tight in front, but there is parking around back - maybe 25 more spaces IIRC.
Zoom Zoom...   ;-)

Gunterwagen (Nick C.)

• PLATINUM Member
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2020, 09:51:55 am »

I also liked the Chinese buffet.

I've eaten lunch and dinner at Amici's many times. Never had a bad meal. Prices are reasonable. They make a ziti w/ meat sauce that is to die for!!! I'm surprised to hear that it will hold 80 people and still have room for the auction table and a podium area. But, I've only been in the dining area to the left of the entry.
Parking can be tight in front, but there is parking around back - maybe 25 more spaces IIRC.

I can attest that the food is good there. Fresh too. Parking is a little tight, but that wouldn't scare me away. I was in the dining room to the left of the front door also. Maybe we can book both sides? One side is the main area, one side is food? Worth checking into..
Could be better, could be worse, could be in a hearse.

matt

• PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2020, 04:00:19 pm »

We don't eat seafood , I don't care for starch, unless it is pizza! - just sayin  =stirpot-
1955 3-fold semaphore Oval beetle
1971 Convertible beetle
1977 Westfalia, FI,  Berlin interior

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.?
― G. Michael Hopf
Pages: [1]   Go Up