SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: an open letter to the members  (Read 3670 times)

6T5 square

• PLATINUM Member
an open letter to the members
« on: March 03, 2021, 05:21:17 am »

A letter to the Members of SJVWC

As most of you know, I recently made the decision to cancel the March Meeting of the South Jersey Volkswagen Club. These decisions are not easily made. We are going through an unprecedented time. For those of you that have friends or family that have been effected by the virus, my sympathies are with you. For those of you that have not, I am happy for you. For some the virus is a bad case of the flu. For others, it can be life changing. We hear warnings every day and depending on who you listen to, it is a glass half full, glass half empty scenario.
Car shows are slowly coming back, restaurants are slowly reopening. The state is allowing for certain gatherings to take place. These are all hopeful signs. But I need to put these into perspective. We are not essential workers. Not Fireman, not police, not health care workers. We are a car club. Yes, it would be nice to get out of the house, go to a restaurant and meet up with all of you inside a restaurant. But is it worth the risk? I would rather lose you as members than lose you as friends. So I have a proposal that I will put before the board. Many of you know that in April we always have the Dust ?em Off Cruise. I would also like that weekend event to be our first meeting of 2021. We will meet behind Geets Diner in the parking lot and as we did last summer, have a general meeting followed by the Cruise to an, as of yet, determined destination. (I?m thinking outdoor lunch) If you do not have a VW to drive at the cruise, come to the meeting and if you want, follow us to the destination. Further details have to be worked out so look for details to come.
If you have ANY questions, concerns or complaints about these decisions, please respond here and I will answer promptly. If you don?t want to go public, click on the PM link on the left side under my post count and send. You will be answered promptly.

John Gallagher
President
South Jersey Volkswagen Club
John
60 Beetle- Ned
65 1500S Squareback-Weezer gone but not forgotten
2014 Jetta
Dont know everything but I'll try and learn
Friends don't let friends drive 6 volts
Obnoxious objector??

lovebus (jack)

• Club Co-Founder, Member SJVWCC
  • Web Site Administrator
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Happy Trails Vanagon, AB2W
    • SJVWC Charter Member
Re: an open letter to the members
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 09:57:39 am »

yo9ur doing the right thing John. Keep up the the good work.....
I don't have to go to work in the morning....

RT 66 June 1, 2015

"Why restore it to its former short comings
When you can modify it too its full potential."
Pages: [1]   Go Up