SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for a machine shop to flycut heads  (Read 9547 times)

rickf1985

• SJVWC Member (paid)
  • SJVWC
Looking for a machine shop to flycut heads
« on: April 25, 2023, 10:50:34 am »

I am looking for a machine shop to flycut heads somewhere in the south Jersey area. I am just getting back into VW's after being away from them for 40 years and the one I have now has a set of heads that needs cleaned up. All the old places I dealt with are all gone.

6T5 square

• PLATINUM Member
Re: Looking for a machine shop to flycut heads
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2023, 10:33:36 am »

I used medford speed inc a few years ago for some flywheel work. No nonsense kinda place.
132 Red Lion Rd
Southampton Township

609-801-0808
John
60 Beetle- Ned
65 1500S Squareback-Weezer gone but not forgotten
2014 Jetta
Dont know everything but I'll try and learn
Friends don't let friends drive 6 volts
Obnoxious objector??

rickf1985

• SJVWC Member (paid)
  • SJVWC
Re: Looking for a machine shop to flycut heads
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2023, 12:14:59 pm »

I wonder if they are the same owners that had the place when it was out on Carranza Rd. and 206? I bought a T/O 6.5 diesel engine from them that turned out to have some issues so they took it back and he had his son hone the cylinders. He did it with the crankshaft in and then just bolted the rods right back on!!!! Wiped out the bearing in minutes. They did supply me with a new crank and bearings but told me they did not want to see the engine again. That was fine with me after that treatment. I had dealt with them for 20 years before that with no problems as a customer and a competitor at the track. That deal was probably 20 years ago or close to it so that "kid" that did the honing would now be the owner if it is the same family. I guess I can call and see what they say about doing the job and prices. I will not mention the past.
Pages: [1]   Go Up