SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Joined, paid dues but cannot access anything? Did I just lose 30.00?  (Read 10472 times)

rickf1985

• SJVWC Member (paid)
  • SJVWC

As the title suggests, I joined and paid the 30.00 dues since I thought this would be a great place to get some local info and possibly reconnect with people I knew years ago in the VW racing field. But I have only gotten one reply to a question about machine shops and I have realized I cannot send pm's nor can I even access the profiles of other members. So did I waste that 30.00? The money was taken out of my account instantly.

Beetleboi -Greg-

• Band for hire, let me know what you need!
  • PLATINUM Member
    • Greg's Facebook
Re: Joined, paid dues but cannot access anything? Did I just lose 30.00?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2023, 12:36:40 pm »

I believe there are some issues on the admin side. For instance I can no longer receive email alerts.

Are you also on our Facebook? People may be quicker to respond there. 
ROUTE 66 MAY 2014

1972 Volkswagen WestFakia "Mildred"

You buy your own bus, and do what you want to your bus. I'll do what I want to so with mine. Pissing off purists one modification at at time.

"After a Hurricane Comes a Rainbow" - Katy Perry

rickf1985

• SJVWC Member (paid)
  • SJVWC
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2023, 01:23:40 pm »

I do not do Facebook unless I absolutely have to. To me it is a site dedicated to making people miserable. It is called "Social networking" when in fact it is "anti-social networking".  But thanks for getting back to me, at least I know I am online!

Beetleboi -Greg-

• Band for hire, let me know what you need!
  • PLATINUM Member
    • Greg's Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2023, 01:33:53 pm »

No worries and I understand, I prefer Facebook over this particular website. It?s outdated, but we have years and years of info that would need to be transferred some how.

I hope and admin can help you with your problem, they should be responding within a few days!
ROUTE 66 MAY 2014

1972 Volkswagen WestFakia "Mildred"

You buy your own bus, and do what you want to your bus. I'll do what I want to so with mine. Pissing off purists one modification at at time.

"After a Hurricane Comes a Rainbow" - Katy Perry

VWPANZER1

• Member SJVWC ------- Charter Member-------Past Presidant------- Club Co-Founder
  • Club Vice President
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
    • SJVWC Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2023, 09:31:47 pm »

Rick:

Try and make the Club's meeting this Monday at the Lampost.
Your problems can be addressed directly.

I don't do Facebook either, but for some reason, its seems like it's the best working model for us.

jt

Richard

• Global Moderator
  • PLATINUM Member
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2023, 02:37:48 pm »

Rick,
Just in case you don't know the Lamp Post Diner:

Next Club Meeting: Monday, May 1, 2023.  7pm @ Lamp Post Diner location. 1378 Little Gloucester Road, Clementon, NJ 08021
Room is open at 6:00 if you are going to have dinner.

Welcome to the club!!   Flag*
Zoom Zoom...   ;-)

rickf1985

• SJVWC Member (paid)
  • SJVWC
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2023, 09:10:17 pm »

I would love to make the meeting but at my age my eyes are not what they used to be and driving in the dark is very problematic for me. Especially in areas I am not real familiar with. I have not been down that way is 35 years. I will try the Facebook page and see where that goes.
I looked up the diner on Google and I actually used to live right down the road in Brittany Woods. That was in the early 80's, I have heard that is not a very nice place now. It was pretty nice back then. But, That is a very long trip for me from Browns Mills so there is no way I would want to do that, sorry.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2023, 09:22:41 pm by rickf1985 »

rickf1985

• SJVWC Member (paid)
  • SJVWC
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2023, 09:28:56 pm »

Ok, I went to your facebook page and The latest post I see there is a year ago about someone feeding stray cats? Most other posts appear to be from 2020. I do not understand Facebook at all so I must be doing something wrong I guess. at 70 years old that is simply not my thing. I am simply trying to get my two Beetles going.

Richard

• Global Moderator
  • PLATINUM Member

Rick,
Try this url:   https://www.facebook.com/groups/sjvwc
Were you able to contact George? I'll try to speak with some folks at tonight's meeting.
Zoom Zoom...   ;-)

rickf1985

• SJVWC Member (paid)
  • SJVWC

That url worked for Facebook but what about the 30.00 I paid for the membership to the forum? Unfortunately I cannot travel to all of the events you guys have since they are all pretty far from me. I can come down to meet people at a show now and then once I get the things in order here. I don't/can't move as fast as I used to. Took me an hour and a half to pull the motor in my 70 Beetle. That will give you an idea of how slow I have gotten. And I couldn't move for a couple days afterwards!! As far as contacting anyone, no. If I click on any profile besides my own it tells me an error has occurred and to contact an Admin, which is impossible since I get the same message no matter what I click on. Hence my question on the membership fee for the forum, if it is outdated and  no longer works then I would like my money back.

Richard

• Global Moderator
  • PLATINUM Member
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2023, 09:46:32 am »

Rick,
I understand your problem. The membership fee is not for the forum, it's for joining the club. Anyone can join the forum w/o charge.
I'll talk to the club treasurer and explain the problem. Hopefully she can help you.  She wasn't at the meeting on Monday.
Zoom Zoom...   ;-)

rickf1985

• SJVWC Member (paid)
  • SJVWC
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2023, 12:28:30 pm »

Thanks Richard, Since this forum seems to be a problem then maybe it is best to correspond through e-mail. rickf1985@comcast.net

Baha (Shawn)

• Club Vice President
  • PLATINUM Member
  • SYNCRO HiTop----K2SMD
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2023, 08:06:37 am »

Got you all fixed up. Access to the members only section isn't automatic. I "flipped the switch"...  you should have full access to the members only section now.
The VWs you can sleep in are more gooder

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, The kind that can count and the kind that can't.

rickf1985

• SJVWC Member (paid)
  • SJVWC
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2023, 09:13:13 pm »

Shawn, I just tried to look up someone's profile and all I get is this is not allowed. So it looks like nothing has changed. I joined this forum to hopefully find some local info on parts and places to get parts. Maybe some local help on finding newer parts that actually work. I have been out of the VW scene for 40 years and I am quickly finding out that all the places and parts names I bought before are all Chinese crap now. I was told about Richies Garage for parts so I called there and someone answered the phone with "Yea, What do you want!?" in a very loud and aggressive manner. I simply hung up. I am not going to deal with someone with that kind of attitude! When someone answers the phone like that how do you even start a normal conversation? A couple of people here have suggested I come to your meetings but you are an hour and 50 miles away and at 70 years old I  don't like driving in the dark like I used to especially on 295 and 42. I remember when I lived down there in the late 80's it was a nightmare and I doubt it is any better now.

rickf1985

• SJVWC Member (paid)
  • SJVWC
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2023, 09:17:06 pm »

I just went directly to the members section and clicked on a couple random names and this is what I get.

You are not allowed to access this section

I have also been told this forum is pretty much out of date by a couple of members and to use the Facebook page. I do not do Facebook but I tried it and it does not look like that is up to date either.
Pages: [1]   Go Up