SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Valve Adjustment  (Read 1829 times)

Beetleboi -Greg-

• Band for hire, let me know what you need!
  • PLATINUM Member
    • Greg's Facebook
Valve Adjustment
« on: October 31, 2007, 11:44:11 pm »

Hey guys,

I know that my bug will be up and running soon and I had some concerns about the valves.

1. I've been told to tinker around to fix things on my own.

2. I've also been told not to do valves on my own for the first time.

3. Bob do you still have the paper work when you talked about the valves at the meeting? Was it all from the Muir book?

I realize that valves are a big deal, I know that you are all busy but who will be available to help me walk through the valve adjustment?

Does it have to be a VW person? Or would my dad be able to walk through it with me?

I was planning on driving it up on the ramps at night and then letting the engine cool and then working on the valves in the morning.

-Greg-

ROUTE 66 MAY 2014

1972 Volkswagen WestFakia "Mildred"

You buy your own bus, and do what you want to your bus. I'll do what I want to so with mine. Pissing off purists one modification at at time.

"After a Hurricane Comes a Rainbow" - Katy Perry

njgt-1

• Charter Member---Past Club President
  • PLATINUM Member
    • South Jersey VW Club
Re: Valve Adjustment
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 06:14:01 am »

Greg,

I'll see if I still have a copy of that handout. As I told you and Dad Sunday, its not hard but you best have somebody walk you through the first time. I'd worry more about getting the car to run first and then worry about the valves. If a valve is adjusted too tight you stand a chance of hurting the engine. Get it running and go from there.
\\\\\\\"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing\\\\\\\"

Ben Franklin
Pages: [1]   Go Up