SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re Routing Gas Line  (Read 2289 times)

Beetleboi -Greg-

• Band for hire, let me know what you need!
  • PLATINUM Member
    • Greg's Facebook
Re Routing Gas Line
« on: November 12, 2007, 07:14:55 pm »

I've seen some pictures lately where the gas line is going up the fan and down into the filter. Is this the way it is suppose to be? Right now my fuel line comes in stays low than the filter than the fuel pump. The way the other way was had the fuel line coming up the fan than the filter down to the fuel pump. This just seems like it would put a lot of strain on the fuel pump. I'm just worried that the fuel hose will get to hot. Are there pictures anywhere of the original way that these fuel lines ran? Is the rubber of the fuel line heat proof?

I'll be at the parade on Sunday with a freshly tuned, valve adjusted and...probably failed inpection sticker Bridgette.

P.S. any solution to the key jiggling in the ignition to start it?

-Greg- And Ms. Bridge
ROUTE 66 MAY 2014

1972 Volkswagen WestFakia "Mildred"

You buy your own bus, and do what you want to your bus. I'll do what I want to so with mine. Pissing off purists one modification at at time.

"After a Hurricane Comes a Rainbow" - Katy Perry

kiko

Re: Re Routing Gas Line
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 11:02:47 pm »

hey Is your key worn?  If not just put a new ignition switch not hard on a beetle.  I put a filter coming right out of my tank.  But you want to keep the filter away from the manifolds alot of heat and they could crack and well you know what happens then.  I replaced all my lines and only have the one filter.  make sure you check the rubber line under your tank because they get very brittle.  But I see most people just put the filter if you want after the pump alongside of the intake.  I went overboard on my lines I used the oe braided then I used ignition wire insulation over it, (it looks nice to)

Beetleboi -Greg-

• Band for hire, let me know what you need!
  • PLATINUM Member
    • Greg's Facebook
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 11:35:16 pm »

Key is new i was hoping not to have to replace the switch. O'll have to check it out some time. My filter right now sits on top of the intake . I was told not to put teh fuel filter after the fuel pump. God this really sucks typing without my contacts in! Ok I'm done till tomorrow.
ROUTE 66 MAY 2014

1972 Volkswagen WestFakia "Mildred"

You buy your own bus, and do what you want to your bus. I'll do what I want to so with mine. Pissing off purists one modification at at time.

"After a Hurricane Comes a Rainbow" - Katy Perry

kiko

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 08:54:24 pm »

yeah you dont what to put the filter aft the pump cause if it leaks BOOM!  But mines right under my tank and I hant had any problems
Pages: [1]   Go Up