SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: STUFF I DIDN'T KNOW!!!!!  (Read 4471 times)

lovebus (jack)

• Club Co-Founder, Member SJVWCC
  • Web Site Administrator
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Happy Trails Vanagon, AB2W
    • SJVWC Charter Member
STUFF I DIDN'T KNOW!!!!!
« on: February 26, 2008, 09:55:39 pm »

STUFF I DIDN'T KNOW!!!!!
 Just keep scrolling down. This is very interesting!   After reading it, you'll go "duh, I didn't know that."

"Stewardesses"   is the longest word typed with only the left hand
And "lollipop"   is the longest word typed with your right hand.  (Bet you tried this out mentally, didn't you?)

No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, or purple.

"Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt".? (Are you doubting this?)

Our eyes    are always the same siz e from birth, but our noseand ears   never stop growing.

The sentence: "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every letter of the alphabet.  (Now, you KNOW you're going to try this out for accuracy, right?)

The words 'racecar,'   'kayak'    and 'level'   are the same whether they are read left to right or right to left (palindromes).  (Yep, I knew you were going to "do" this one.)

There are only four words in the English language which end in "dous": tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous. (You're not doubting this, are you?)

There are two words in the English language that have all five vowels in order: "abstemious" and "facetious." (Yes, admit it, you are going to say, a e i o u)

TYPEWRITER     is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.   (All you typists are going to test this out)

A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.   

A goldfish   has a memory span of three seconds. (Some days that's about what my memory span is.)

A "jiffy" is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.

A shark   is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.

A snail   can sleep for three years.  (I know some people that could do this too.!)

Almonds are a member of the peach   family.

An ostrich's eyeis bigger than its brain.    (I know some people like that also)

Babies are born without kneecaps.  They don't appear until the child reaches 2 to 6 years of age. 

February 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full moon. 

In the last 4,000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.< /FONT>                                           

If the population of China walked past you, 8 abreast, the line would never end because of the rate of reproduction.

Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors

Peanuts   are one of the ingredients of dynamite!

Rubber bandslast longer when refrigerated.

The average person's left hand does 56% of the typing.

The cruise liner, QE 2, moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel that it burns.

The microwave   was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.   (Good thing he did that.)

The winter of 1932 was so cold that Niagara Falls   froze completely solid.

There are more chickens than people in the world.

Winston Churchill was born in a ladies' room during a dance.

Women blinknearly twice as much as men                 

Now you know more than you did before!!

T
I don't have to go to work in the morning....

RT 66 June 1, 2015

"Why restore it to its former short comings
When you can modify it too its full potential."
Pages: [1]   Go Up