SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I Hit Junk Yard Gold..  (Read 6171 times)

Bugaru "JAY"

• Car Show/Events Chairperson
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Subaru Powered 300+ HP
    • Events Chairperson
I Hit Junk Yard Gold..
« on: March 21, 2008, 10:58:33 pm »

Hey Guys.
 For years I've been searching theSamba etc for a 40 Ford frontend for one of my brainfart V-Dub projects, most of the ones I found forsale were usually found in Az. Well last weekend I just so happened to stumble on a complete Bug that was recently brought into the scrap yard. A 1972 flat windshield Beetle complete car with a 40 ford frontend. The hood was actually in really good condition, it will need to be repainted to my color and the grill re-chromed but it was exactly what I was searching the Country for.  There just ain’t many of these items around any more, let alone to be lucky enough to find one locally in a scrap yard. Bottom line I’m happy and it was like finding gold for me. Now hopefully I'll use it oneday soon.

Jay  BO** c23 BO**

TURBO'ed 1956 Oval Window aka LOUIE. It Sucks Blows and Goes Fast-tttttt

My Dubs are built with the Best and Cheapest Quality rejected Parts.
Ok. So I'm missing and have a few loose screws, but those are only in my head

Politically Incorect and Damn Proud of it!

bugbite

Re: I Hit Junk Yard Gold..
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 08:39:16 am »

Did you buy just the hood or the whole car? If just the hood what shape was the beetle in? 

Bugaru "JAY"

• PLATINUM Member
  • Subaru Powered 300+ HP
    • Events Chairperson
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 09:32:37 am »

Did you buy just the hood or the whole car? If just the hood what shape was the beetle in? 

For those that need some bug parts the complete car's still there and intact less the front hood. Fenders, headlights, Engine, trans, interior etc, etc. The engine had some weeds and dust in it but looked like it was all there and with a little TLC looked like it would fire. I didn’t have much interest in much of the rest of the car and didn’t notice any exterior rust, or crash sites, I'm not sure about the pans I didn’t look at them to closely but think they needed to be replaced. But from a quick once over, other then looking old the bug really didn't look that bad. I think it was stored under a car port or shed or something that slowly decayed away over the years thus saying the car from further rust. All-in-all form all of the bugs that I have seen in scrap yards recently this one is still pretty much intact and many good un-rusted parts and kind of rare to find these days. I beleive that the car was a 1971 or 72. It is a flat windsheild "Cracked" and if I remeber correctly thought that it might of been a S.B.

The car is light blue in color and is located at Frendship Junk Yard in Tabernacle, NJ as soon as you enter the yard the car is slight left infront of the office. The owner said that he would sell the complete car but didn't have any paper on it, so it would be sold as a parts car.

Jay  blu_bug 196 plndonut

njgt-1

• Charter Member---Past Club President
  • PLATINUM Member
    • South Jersey VW Club
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 09:44:16 am »

Jay,

With a little work and paint and a big engine.................well you get the idea!
Heres Eds car when its not blowing off Mustangs!...

\\\\\\\"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing\\\\\\\"

Ben Franklin

Bugaru "JAY"

• PLATINUM Member
  • Subaru Powered 300+ HP
    • Events Chairperson
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 09:50:47 am »

Yea-aaa I've seen Ed down at the track offten. The Hood I just picked up even still had the chrome trim going down the center to the nose. I was thinking of using the hoodie on one of my next Bugaru projects that grill would make for good air access into the radiator for a Hot Turbo Powered Subaru. Considering putting it on one of my Chop-Tops.   gifsawsall

carfolite73Super

• PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 08:20:26 pm »

that grill would make for good air access into the radiator for a Hot Turbo Powered Subaru.

Or a front engine V8 model !
Build it the way YOU want it!
 1965 Mustang convertible
 1954 Chevrolet 3100 pickup (3rd owner)
Not currently a VW owner....

Soul Rebel 67(Ramon)

• '67 Soul Rebel
  • PLATINUM Member
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 08:14:14 pm »

Yea-aaa I've seen Ed down at the track offten. The Hood I just picked up even still had the chrome trim going down the center to the nose. I was thinking of using the hoodie on one of my next Bugaru projects that grill would make for good air access into the radiator for a Hot Turbo Powered Subaru. Considering putting it on one of my Chop-Tops.   gifsawsall
   shocked shocked Can't wait to see this ZOOBUGAROO  P#3 banaafro I saw the notchback @ Englishtown last Fall and it was a badazz!!!!  :icon_thumright: logomed Let's show them the  logomed way!!!! drive&& drive&& drive&& kickAss :cheers:
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 08:20:40 pm by soul rebel 67 »
Knowledge is Power; Education is the Key!
  1964 Rasta Buggy
  1967 Ragtop Bug

Why drink and drive, when u can smoke and Fly!
SJVWC Virgin Islands Chapter!

Bugaru "JAY"

• PLATINUM Member
  • Subaru Powered 300+ HP
    • Events Chairperson
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 08:45:45 pm »

Thanks Ramone. I didn’t see the notch at Englishtown, but for those that have seen my builds they can contest that they are uniquely different and tastefully done. I'm going to try to showcase Bugaru2 at Manassas that is if I have it completed to my satification in time? Also hope that this years PunchBuggy Day at Atco is good weather so that I can show it locally.  s#r

Soul Rebel 67(Ramon)

• '67 Soul Rebel
  • PLATINUM Member
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2008, 09:12:12 pm »

BO** That's whats up... I will be in Manassas from Saturday to Monday, Memorial Day weekend. I don't like driving my car at nite that long drive. I'd rather hang-out after the event, go to a restaurant and chill for the nite, and cruise back up in the morning with alot less stress of traffick and assholes speeding in traffick on the I-95.... It makes the travel more enjoyable. On that Saturday nite there's a Hot Rod gathering @ Burger King, and all the VWs from most of the hotels gtg and crash the site with bugs, dune-buggies, buses, even had a trike 1yr... Last yr. there was a lady from Connecticut with a Manx2 (The NEW 1) It was in the Hot VWs magazine. She rolled with us and was enjoying every moment. I hope u complete a CHOPTOP with that TURBO  burnrubber  0111 
Knowledge is Power; Education is the Key!
  1964 Rasta Buggy
  1967 Ragtop Bug

Why drink and drive, when u can smoke and Fly!
SJVWC Virgin Islands Chapter!

66-Ghia

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2008, 10:12:42 pm »

John; Speaking of turbo Subaru's. Heather leaves Commerce Bank this week and starts working at Subaru next Monday, we were talking over Easter dinner and she told us she gets a free car or whatever she picks out and gets a new one every 5000 miles. She also said her boss is from England and  loves the races, I said good maybe he can find a wrecked one with a good Turbo charged  motor in it for the club bus. The whole family laughed but she said he is a real character and would like that idea. I reminded her "Dad isn't made of money"
So sorry guys no more pens and Commerce bank bags at this years Christmas party.
Lets hope Subaru can send some motors etc.  BO**

Bud

Bugaru "JAY"

• PLATINUM Member
  • Subaru Powered 300+ HP
    • Events Chairperson
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 06:36:50 am »

Bud never done a Turbo in a Bus, but I do know that the older 2.2 engines fits in there fine and provide plenty of dependable power for towing etc.  kickButt

Jay

Pages: [1]   Go Up