SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Before During & After Pics If I Did This Right  (Read 3629 times)

scarecrow

Before During & After Pics If I Did This Right
« on: March 24, 2008, 08:45:41 pm »

http://sjvwc.net/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=145[/url]

Finaly figured out Cooper Mine... Here's pic's of my '72 Half Breed Baja Rat Rod. Could not have been done without the help of fellow members sjvwcrocks

njgt-1

• Charter Member---Past Club President
  • PLATINUM Member
    • South Jersey VW Club
Re: Before During & After Pics If I Did This Right
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 10:39:20 pm »

Hey thats one cool ride!
I like the half breed theme and the street signs for tar boards great idea!

Back in the 70's I was living in So Calif and it wasn't so unusual to see homemade Bajas running around which were not much more than cars with trimmed fenders & sometimes a custom nose piece. Your car really plays on that theme plus the current "rat rod" craze. I saw an episode of "My classic car" this weekend and they were covering a car show somewhere in the midwest that just allowed rat rods. It was called "the 100 car pileup" and there were some very unusual cars. Not one had normal paint, flat paint, primer and in some cases no paint at all was the rule.

Hope you can hit the streets soon with it, love to see it at the Dust em off next month!
Good luck!   
\\\\\\\"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing\\\\\\\"

Ben Franklin

scarecrow

Re: Before During & After Pics If I Did This Right
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 07:51:52 pm »

I found a bunch of videos of the Hunnert Car Pileup on Utube. Great stuff. In your face, nasty, weird home built hot rods made out of what ever you happen to drive & made to please no one but yourself. That’s what it’s all about. Individual self-expression and not a rendition of current fad or fashion. And no, rat rods are not a current fad. They have been out there and being built by people ever since there were cars. It’s just that they are now getting recognition. I also think it’s an “FU”to the one’s with deep pockets that write checks to someone else to build their high dollar ride. Real hot rods are built not bought and they are made out of whatever it is that you happen to drive. Money will build a pretty car but I much more appreciate what someone built with their own two hands in their own garage with whatever resources they have available to them.  2CENTS drive&& logosml2
Pages: [1]   Go Up