SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not a good first impression  (Read 8367 times)

lovebus (jack)

• Club Co-Founder, Member SJVWCC
  • Web Site Administrator
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Happy Trails Vanagon, AB2W
    • SJVWC Charter Member
Re: Not a good first impression
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2008, 05:46:53 pm »

fight=
You got mixed up alright! Kurt & I own / operate Vintage Performance in Clayton, Delaware. www.vintageperformance.net 302-653-4269

Well Ann it won't happen again!! I never did get a call back from them at Peak. I give them a thumbs DOWN and  mooning

I took their link off our Engine parts links page and replaced it with Vintage Performance. So I got it right this time.
I don't have to go to work in the morning....

RT 66 June 1, 2015

"Why restore it to its former short comings
When you can modify it too its full potential."

Ann Mezger

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2008, 07:30:55 pm »

Well Ann it won't happen again!!

Better not!  >:(

Just kidding  ;D That's a shame they didn't call you back or acknowledge the situation. It's expected that mistakes can happen, but I really think it's how you handle correcting the problem that say's a lot about the ethics of a person or business. Building VW's or selling parts isn't going to put anyone in the same league as Rockefeller or Trump and there's not enough of a shortage or demand for people to tolerate problems to get what they want. It's a known fact that if you chit on your customers, they WILL go somewhere else and they'll more than likely take everyone they know with them.
I do hope things work out for you. 

lovebus (jack)

• Club Co-Founder, Member SJVWCC
  • Web Site Administrator
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Happy Trails Vanagon, AB2W
    • SJVWC Charter Member
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2008, 08:59:37 pm »

I'm not one for giving second & third chances to a business and I won't call and complain, (unless its big bucks)  I just go someplace else. 

I worked out a deal with Bug Stuff where Jack gives club members 10% off and I think we give him a lot of business. So I thought I would give your shop a try because your close and fast shipping BUT, as you now know, I goofed and ordered from the wrong place. :icon_geek:
I don't have to go to work in the morning....

RT 66 June 1, 2015

"Why restore it to its former short comings
When you can modify it too its full potential."

cherrybomb

• Silver Member
  • SJVWC
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2008, 10:42:10 pm »

I have used Vintage Performance and they did good by me, so I would feel free to use them if you were looking for someone reasonably local.  Not sure if they are really a parts place that would stock alot of stuff like a storefront, but Kurt really seemed to know which manufacturers/suppliers were making crap verses the good parts.

:icon_cherry:   

Ann Mezger

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2008, 09:20:08 am »

Jack / Bugstuff has always been good to us. I don't think you can go wrong ordering from him or visiting his booth at the shows.
Cherrybomb is correct that we are not really a retail store - we carry some things, but due to the varied projects we work on, most of what we use is ordered as needed. (We do a lot of custom work, high performance engine building, interiors, etc. in addition to general repairs) We can advise you & order whatever you want (as long as it's not on the "junk list" ) or we can refer you to the best source for the parts. We are very particular about the parts we'll use or recommend & the vendors we'll deal with. 

njgt-1

• Charter Member---Past Club President
  • PLATINUM Member
    • South Jersey VW Club
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2008, 12:46:49 pm »

Ann,

hey welcome back!

You guys come very highly recomended from DeMello Machine, I had several conversations with Bob and he always had nothing but good things to say about you & Kurt.

Jack / Bugstuff has always been good to us. I don't think you can go wrong ordering from him or visiting his booth at the shows

Jack has bent over backwards to help our members out. Last year I needed a couple of spindle nuts for the front end of my 72' ASAP so I didn't have time to send him the $$. Jack sent them out next day air and told me " just catch up with me if you are going to Englishtown". He also bailed us out last year on Mikes car when we needed the wiring harness for the brake light switches. I have no complaints about his service.

(as long as it's not on the "junk list" ) or we can refer you to the best source for the parts. We are very particular about the parts we'll use or recommend & the vendors we'll deal with. 

I know about that list and unfortunatly it seems to be getting longer! Its a good thing there are still good people who care about this hobby!

\\\\\\\"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing\\\\\\\"

Ben Franklin
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up