SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Its about that time.  (Read 3884 times)

jthw8

• PLATINUM Member
    • MisfittoysRacing
Its about that time.
« on: May 17, 2008, 08:00:28 pm »

Hi all, just wanted to check in.  Been very absent as I try to prepare myself (and a POS car) for this years BABE rally.  No VW this year, my co driver appreciated the reliability and ease of repair but he was rather insistent upon something that could break 70.

Been busting my azz to get this one together since it was a complete crapheap for $250 but it took its parade lap around the block (so far none of my BABE cars have ever gone more than one sucessful trip around the block prior to departure...gotta have some sense of adventure) today.

With our win last year we were assigned number 01, so of course we had to go with the General Lee theme.  If you cant read it in the picture the hood does not say General Lee, it says Traveller.  So that is the bonus question of the day...who can tell me why we named it that?

Still some loose ends to tie up but we depart for NYC on Wednesday, should be a great adventure as always.  Looking forward to getting back so I can get the buggy out and get it ready for some summer fun.

Oh, and since there have been discussions about it before..its not in the spirit of the event to give a car a proper paint job but we needed it to be orange (used to be red) so she was painted with a foam roller and rustoleum.  I didnt take my time or anything but I can see how if you did and if you wetsanded between coats you could get a decent job out of it.  Still not gonna hang up my spray guns but I guess for a cheap quick option its passable.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 11:07:34 pm by jthw8 »

Beetleboi -Greg-

• Band for hire, let me know what you need!
  • PLATINUM Member
    • Greg's Facebook
Re: Its about that time.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 01:18:51 am »

Hope it can lay some Rubber Jim, break a leg this season. It's better than breaking an axle!
ROUTE 66 MAY 2014

1972 Volkswagen WestFakia "Mildred"

You buy your own bus, and do what you want to your bus. I'll do what I want to so with mine. Pissing off purists one modification at at time.

"After a Hurricane Comes a Rainbow" - Katy Perry

lovebus (jack)

• Club Co-Founder, Member SJVWCC
  • Web Site Administrator
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Happy Trails Vanagon, AB2W
    • SJVWC Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 08:57:11 am »

Dem dair  Rebs are going to string ya up, a Yank with a Reb flag on the hood.  fig2

The Traveller, for the TV show  ???

It's looking good buddy!!!
I don't have to go to work in the morning....

RT 66 June 1, 2015

"Why restore it to its former short comings
When you can modify it too its full potential."

njgt-1

• Charter Member---Past Club President
  • PLATINUM Member
    • South Jersey VW Club
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 09:16:04 am »

Looks good for a "rustoleum & roller" job!

Just don't tell Frank!  @7@
\\\\\\\"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing\\\\\\\"

Ben Franklin

jthw8

• PLATINUM Member
    • MisfittoysRacing
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 09:22:17 am »

Dem dair  Rebs are going to string ya up, a Yank with a Reb flag on the hood.  fig2

The Traveller, for the TV show  ???

Nope, I guess its kinda an obscure referenced.  A mustang is a horse, and Traveller was the name of General Lee's horse.

Looks good for a "rustoleum & roller" job!

Just don't tell Frank!  @7@

Pictures lie....it looks like a roller job trust me :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up