SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Da' Welder RULES!!!, Da' Welder RULES!!!, Da' Welder RULES!!!  (Read 2690 times)

matt

• PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC

In the last Club Welding Class I took, Da' Welder (aka Pat), worked on my engine lid that I brought and he welded up some lid cracks that were around the trunk spring area. I could not put on a engine spring cause it was making the cracked metal bend and open up - so i always had to use a stick to hold the engine lid open. Yea, a few times it fell on my head, (now you know my reason for me being  c23)

After welding  the big cracks up,  Pat found even more cracks after wire-brushing and welded them up, some were very tricky as they were near the lip of the lid.

About 5 weeks ago, put the spring to the lid  and now.....

It works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  THANKS PAT  !!!!                   :icon_thumleft:          :icon_thumleft:   

;D                      ;D                           ;D                               ;D                     ;D                        ;D                               

It is so  funny everytime I open it, I cant beleive it stays open!  I keep thinking it will drop on my head.

For YEARS I have to use a stick!! BUT NO MORE!!!

Stick did not look good a car shows either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1955 3-fold semaphore Oval beetle
1971 Convertible beetle
1977 Westfalia, FI,  Berlin interior

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.?
― G. Michael Hopf

6T5 square

• PLATINUM Member
Re: Da' Welder RULES!!!, Da' Welder RULES!!!, Da' Welder RULES!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 08:56:57 am »

Amen to that! Pat is a great addition to the club- Knowing that we have somebody to preform the toughest welds will be a help to all of us. weldface

But lets not overlook some more earth shattering news- Did you get your car painted???? Those bumpers and fenders look mighty shiny in that picture!
 :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:
FESS UP!!!!
John
60 Beetle- Ned
65 1500S Squareback-Weezer gone but not forgotten
2014 Jetta
Dont know everything but I'll try and learn
Friends don't let friends drive 6 volts
Obnoxious objector??

matt

• PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 10:33:14 am »

No, car is not BEING painted, it is covered partially by newspaper as I put waterproof treatment on the canvas top every spring, and dont like the spray getting on the car.

Like you been working hard on my project, always try to put some time in on it every day. Have to keep working hard while my obsession with it continues... dont want it to wane...

Sometimes after a few hours of work  &   realizing many more to go, I wonder why I'm doing it in the first place...you know the  feeling I'm sure. Heard Jack say that too.

MaTT
1971 Convertible beetle

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.?
― G. Michael Hopf

lovebus (jack)

• Club Co-Founder, Member SJVWCC
  • Web Site Administrator
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Happy Trails Vanagon, AB2W
    • SJVWC Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 01:20:25 pm »

I was wondering why the paper also. But what are the two bars laying on the floor by the R- front door? Your up to something.
I don't have to go to work in the morning....

RT 66 June 1, 2015

"Why restore it to its former short comings
When you can modify it too its full potential."

matt

• PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 07:07:52 pm »

Uhh, my daughter was working on a project?????  I1t

1971 Convertible beetle

― G. Michael Hopf
Pages: [1]   Go Up