SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to Enjoy a Car Show *REPOST*  (Read 2833 times)

Beetleboi -Greg-

• Band for hire, let me know what you need!
  • PLATINUM Member
    • Greg's Facebook
How to Enjoy a Car Show *REPOST*
« on: June 12, 2008, 12:08:54 am »

Sorry couldn't find the other one in the search.

10 ways to enjoy a car show, Autoweek's Steve Thompson

1. If it's a concours d'elegance, and you're a spectator, leave your envy at home. Some people have a lot more money than you do and like to show it off. You benefit, and they benefit. Nobody loses.

2. If you're an entrant, leave your arrogance at home. Unless you designed and built your own car, what you're showing is somebody else's creation.

3. If you're a spectator, never be afraid to ask questions. Sooner or later, feigning knowledge you don't have makes you look stupid.

4. If you're an entrant, encourage people to ask questions about your car. No explanatory text placed next to it can convey everything you know about it.

5. Don't try to photograph everything. Some experiences can't be captured in images, and some cars are experiences as well as things. Nobody's ever managed to paint, sculpt or photograph the essence of a Ferrari Berlinetta Lusso. The car is the art, and how it looks, feels, smells and sounds is too subtle to reproduce.

6. Remember that kids need help understanding what their parents are looking at. Letting a kid sit behind the wheel of your '57 Chevy will bring smiles to everyone, and the kid will never forget it. Take this picture!

7. If you're a spectator, and your kid asks a question about a car, don't fake knowledge about it. See No. 3, above.

8. If you're the wife or girlfriend of a car guy and cars bore you, don't torture yourself pretending to care about Holley carbs or Raydot mirrors. Let the boys amuse themselves while you do something else.

9. If you're the wife or girlfriend of a non-car-guy but you're a car gal, be gentle but firm. If he'd rather stay home and watch football while you go to the car show, so be it. Fascination with beautiful, exotic or just plain interesting cars can strike anyone!

10. And finally, the single most important way to enjoy any car show: Wear comfortable shoes.
ROUTE 66 MAY 2014

1972 Volkswagen WestFakia "Mildred"

You buy your own bus, and do what you want to your bus. I'll do what I want to so with mine. Pissing off purists one modification at at time.

"After a Hurricane Comes a Rainbow" - Katy Perry
Pages: [1]   Go Up