SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Punch Buggy  (Read 27865 times)

66-Ghia

Re: Punch Buggy
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2008, 10:01:56 pm »

That is the Love Bus*  (love    bus* from now on  :icon_flower:

Beetleboi -Greg-

• Band for hire, let me know what you need!
  • PLATINUM Member
    • Greg's Facebook
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2008, 12:11:31 am »

You know... I was thinking about filling the water cooler that was on top of my car with water and only telling SJVWC about it. I just thought it would look weird seeing people taking water off the display. I'm kind of glad I haven't been bitten by the love bus... it's making people weird...er.  ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D
ROUTE 66 MAY 2014

1972 Volkswagen WestFakia "Mildred"

You buy your own bus, and do what you want to your bus. I'll do what I want to so with mine. Pissing off purists one modification at at time.

"After a Hurricane Comes a Rainbow" - Katy Perry

longjon

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2008, 01:56:37 pm »

Hey all. sounds like its all politics when it comes to the judging. Since there were only two Things at the end of the show I got a 1st place. I LOVED the louie V and i think he was robbed. As for the Judging Frank got a trophy.  Louie V got two. a 1st place for the Dune buggy. and LOTS of UNCLAIMED tropies. The judge did not know what class was winning only the number of that class. so no body knew which cars were winning. always best to put class # and ACTUAL class announced when presenting trophies. I bet members won but had already left. at least they did the air colled first.

njgt-1

• Charter Member---Past Club President
  • PLATINUM Member
    • South Jersey VW Club
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2008, 02:19:02 pm »

a 1st place for the Dune buggy

?? Not Eddie, he got Zip........
\\\\\\\"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing\\\\\\\"

Ben Franklin

Mikecoast

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2008, 04:07:05 pm »

I've got to jump in ... next year we all show with vehicles and signs on the vehicles:
"Not to be judged ... I'm here to support the SJVWC"

Hydration Station sponsored by SJVWC ... GREAT IDEA!
I'll have to look online to see if we can get paper cups with the SJVWC.net printed on them.

They'll remember us!

66-Ghia

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2008, 04:59:45 pm »

I couldn't agree with you more Mike,  "This vehicle is not to be judged"
The only people I want to judge my ghia or bus are members of   sjvwc.ico and not at shows etc. because they will tell you like it is, and then try to help you make it better.

Think we could get into shows with signs like that   ???

If not chit on them  T1

Bud and the "dung" bus

3Gear

• PLATINUM Member
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2008, 05:08:22 pm »

All we need to do is skip putting the white card they give us in the window, and we won't be judged...  Just replace it with a laminated SJVWC car info sheet from Bob...  :icon_thumright:
1985 Westfalia Millie

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

6T5 square

• PLATINUM Member
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2008, 05:41:59 pm »

The only people I want to judge my ghia or bus are members of   sjvwc.ico and not at shows etc. because they will tell you like it is, and then try to help you make it better.

Ok Bud, why don't you vacuum that pig out! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
John
60 Beetle- Ned
65 1500S Squareback-Weezer gone but not forgotten
2014 Jetta
Dont know everything but I'll try and learn
Friends don't let friends drive 6 volts
Obnoxious objector??

njgt-1

• PLATINUM Member
    • South Jersey VW Club
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2008, 06:24:37 pm »

The only people I want to judge my ghia or bus are members of   sjvwc.ico and not at shows etc. because they will tell you like it is, and then try to help you make it better.

OK,

Since I'm the Prez....
I hereby call unto the powers of my office to Judge the whole club......

POOF!!!!!

You all are 1st place WINNERS!!
 bronz_cup-winner bronz_cup-winner bronz_cup-winner bronz_cup-winner bronz_cup-winner bronz_cup-winner

Now Everybody Head over to Jacks place for your trophy!

Whats this he doesn't have any trophies???

OK everybody line up and hes gonna give everybody the tools back that you left at his garage!!!!!  gifsawsall
\\\\\\\"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing\\\\\\\"

Ben Franklin

Bugaru "JAY"

• Car Show/Events Chairperson
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Subaru Powered 300+ HP
    • Events Chairperson
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2008, 06:58:54 pm »

Guys. Sorry for the Rant. But after reading and seeing how much support that many, many of you fellow SJVWC members have given Louie I just feel the need to explain Louie to you one last time.   

You see much like a race car was built to race, Louie was conceived with two goals in life. One was to compete at SEMA Las Vagas “The Largest Car Builders Show if it’s kind” the other was to build a car that would make the VDub Community step back and take notice! Due to lack of funds distance etc, many of the planned build items were scaled back or deleted etc, I couldn’t afford to continue to travel to So-Cal to build this car so I moved it back here “home” where it now roams. So needless to say the SEMA plans are now history. This car has won Best of Show at NOPI “with no dispute” those are the folks that recognize a quality build and the trick stuff that went into it. The upsetting thing is that I wanted to unveil this car to the East Coast VDub Community along with SJVWC so that those in attendance and others who may have seen the pics can step back and say “WoW” that’s a VW? I realize that none of you really seen the car before the show and hopefully those that did attend can contest to the quality of the car and the build. That in itself speaks for the wholesomeness and appreciation of our members.  I am not upset that I did not win 1st place in my category, but as time passes and I read all of your compliments I too am starting to wonder why this car that was truly different and appreciated by all in attendance wasn’t awarded Best Of? It wasn’t just one thing about the car it should have been judged by the entire package. Please think when you may have seen one better done? Things like this is what will sour against CJVW “ Society” and their unfairness or inability in honest judging.

Sorry about the Rant, it’s just the more I think back and the more I’m told I was robbed gets me more upset. Afterall it’s not just me that was Robbed, it was many of our members and their cars, and Louie that is also part of the Club! So in short SJVW “Club” was Robbed! Thank you to all that appreciated this car, I realize that it may not be everyone’s taste, but all-in-all it is truly different. It's a BugaRu, half Bug Half Subaru.

Jay  vwlogo

TURBO'ed 1956 Oval Window aka LOUIE. It Sucks Blows and Goes Fast-tttttt

My Dubs are built with the Best and Cheapest Quality rejected Parts.
Ok. So I'm missing and have a few loose screws, but those are only in my head

Politically Incorect and Damn Proud of it!

scarecrow

« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2008, 07:44:51 pm »

I've got to jump in ... next year we all show with vehicles and signs on the vehicles:
"Not to be judged ... I'm here to support the SJVWC"

Hydration Station sponsored by SJVWC ... GREAT IDEA!
I'll have to look online to see if we can get paper cups with the SJVWC.net printed on them.

They'll remember us!
I love it. (love I'm all for it. Kill them with kindness. f+t Take the high road. !5! SJVWC members don't need awards. It's about the cars & the people & spectators that pay to get in. We all need to re-read this thread just before nexts years show & follow through with it. logolrg Let's not forget the hot dogs. It was really cool when the guys next to us went around giving them out. I thought is was real nice of them plus I was hungrey (-)

scarecrow

« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2008, 07:49:01 pm »

All we need to do is skip putting the white card they give us in the window, and we won't be judged...  Just replace it with a laminated SJVWC car info sheet from Bob...  :icon_thumright:
That's even better than the do not judge sign which might cause some to have an attitude

Beetleboi -Greg-

• Band for hire, let me know what you need!
  • PLATINUM Member
    • Greg's Facebook
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2008, 08:15:20 pm »

I had my SJVWC Name Flyer, SJVWC Multi Colored Flyers, and the Registration Flyer all on my windshield. Maybe I scared them away.  ::)
ROUTE 66 MAY 2014

1972 Volkswagen WestFakia "Mildred"

You buy your own bus, and do what you want to your bus. I'll do what I want to so with mine. Pissing off purists one modification at at time.

"After a Hurricane Comes a Rainbow" - Katy Perry

njgt-1

• PLATINUM Member
    • South Jersey VW Club
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2008, 08:20:07 pm »

Jay,

One was to compete at SEMA Las Vagas “The Largest Car Builders Show if it’s kind” the other was to build a car that would make the VDub Community step back and take notice!

From the looks of the crowds around the car Sunday and your trip to NOPI I think you accomplished both goals. There is absolutely no question about the quality or originality of that car. I've been a v-dubber for at least 14 years and I've never seen anything like it.

Now with that being said I hope this experience doesn't turn  you off to car shows in general. Just because the guys at CJVWS didn't have the balls to go up against their fellow "Uber" members its their loss. If its favoritism then its turning a blind eye to something that is unique and special and I'd hate to be a member, of their club and have your kind of vision when it comes to building special vehicles. I know theres a place for Louie and it might not be at the local VW shows. Quality and innovative thinking can't be challenged
just because somebody isn't brave enough to accept something new ( or old ) and different . You might want to try some of the local "all makes" shows. I've found that sometimes original thinking that challenges the old standards really freaks some people out. They can't understand why this unusual car doesn't fit in their narrow minded mold. As I said before I got this with the Bradley and in the beginning it was tough to get a straight look from some of them. Now when "they" realized that some of the spectators were climbing past rows of Corvettes just to see the "weird kit car" suddenly
they took a better notice to what I was trying to accomplish. Until the GT hit the streets it was rare to ever see anything but the occasional Cobra ( read that assembled hi $$ kit car ) at local shows.

In a couple of weeks we will be doing Merchantville. This is an "all makes & model " show and I'm 100% sure Louie will be more than welcome at that one. Over the years that show has hosted close to 1000 cars all in one day. I've seen some things there that I only knew existed in magazines and had the pleasure to meet the owners. If Sundays stupidity and single minded thinking didn't turn you off then I hope you can bring Louie out for that one. I think he will feel at home!

Ben Franklin

Soul Rebel 67(Ramon)

• '67 Soul Rebel
  • PLATINUM Member
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2008, 08:55:52 pm »

On my  2CENTS all the events that CJVWC judges, i've noticed they always clean-up on  bronz_cup-winner i guess that their cars are the best of the best  -55] they must have a got good  :clipboard_50x50: anyway, Jay u definitely had the best of show  bronz_cup-winner  :cheers:  logomed
Knowledge is Power; Education is the Key!
  1964 Rasta Buggy
  1967 Ragtop Bug

Why drink and drive, when u can smoke and Fly!
SJVWC Virgin Islands Chapter!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up