SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: my high top camper  (Read 11610 times)

skymath

my high top camper
« on: July 16, 2008, 03:06:25 pm »

Hello all,

I'm wondering if anyone knows where I could get info on where my high-top camper came from?  All the campers I've seen had some form of a pop-up roof and I think my built-in high roof is just super groovy.  You can stand up inside without doing anything, it's got lots of storage for all my crap (as Jack can attest--you ain't seen nothin yet--wait til I haul around my entire library of math books everywhere I go... :) )

anyway, as I understand several different companies built different kinds of campers..  how do I know where my beauty came from?

thanks!

Sky

lovebus (jack)

• Club Co-Founder, Member SJVWCC
  • Web Site Administrator
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Happy Trails Vanagon, AB2W
    • SJVWC Charter Member
Re: my high top camper
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 06:01:57 pm »

how do I know where my beauty came from?

Sky

Now just a minute, there is only ONE Most beautifull bus in this club. Call it something else.

Go here to get answers to where your bus came from. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewforum.php?f=5&sid=53d91152cbc1066b651730fa9e21ca92
I don't have to go to work in the morning....

RT 66 June 1, 2015

"Why restore it to its former short comings
When you can modify it too its full potential."

skymath

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 06:46:16 pm »

hey I didn't say -most- beautiful bus.. I'll leave the superlatives for your bus :)  he's just plain beautiful...

skymath

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 04:06:29 pm »

thanks for the link Jack.  somewhere in there I found a link to a site where you can order a "birth certificate" which lists things like date manufactured and original colors and options.  I wonder if they'd list the high-top camper options..?  might be worth the 35 euros just to have it framed in the bus :)

..sky

skymath

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 04:53:24 pm »

oooh I think I've got some more info..  it appears I might have an Adventurewagen camper.  there's a picture of a 1971 Adventurewagen on this page: http://www.sandiegoclassicvolkswagen.com/Gallery.html all the way at the bottom.  it looks just like my camper if my camper were new!

yay now I can tell people what it's called :)  not a westy...

...sky

scarecrow

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 06:09:21 pm »

The top on your Bus is way cool  P#3 I'm starting to realy dig these Buses. I can see it know. Go to a show and after looking at everything for a couple of hours, eat lunch and them take a  &&&&. They just seem so warm, cozy & inviting on the inside.  :icon_flower: Only problem is that in the other half of my garage is the Jeep I'm doing. stoned#

skymath

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 07:27:15 pm »

thanks man!  yeah I particularly like his high forehead.  he looks so friendly...  cause he is friendly!

lovebus (jack)

• Club Co-Founder, Member SJVWCC
  • Web Site Administrator
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Happy Trails Vanagon, AB2W
    • SJVWC Charter Member
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 10:16:44 pm »

I think you found the name of it, Thats what it looks like.
I don't have to go to work in the morning....

RT 66 June 1, 2015

"Why restore it to its former short comings
When you can modify it too its full potential."

scarecrow

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 10:30:48 pm »

Thats it  :icon_cheers: The Most Beautiful Love Bus & the Very Cool Friendly Bus. Oh well I like it any way :clipboard_50x50: I want a  bus))

66-Ghia

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2008, 01:33:59 am »

AS JACK TOLD ME "STOP CRYING" if he can, he will find one.  :icon_cheers:

Bud   KGKGKG

braidmeister

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2008, 07:50:50 am »

Did you buy that bus in Blackwood by any chance? I think I looked at one exactly like that with the high top a year or two ago...

skymath

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 11:28:30 am »

I did buy it in Blackwood.  You probably looked at my bus  :) 

scarecrow: you should ask God for your perfect bus.  I had a '78 bus that I never got to drive because I didn't have my license and it was at my friend's apartment and ended up being impounded, and they wouldn't give it back to me because it wasn't registered (because I thought I couldn't get insurance without a license--which is not true) ...anyway I was pining for my lost bus one day, and started thinking about the power of positive thinking, and remembered that when I found the 78 bus what I'd really wanted was a 71 camper... (the 78 was a gorgeous bus but I wanted a camper.  I forget why I wanted a 71 but that was what was in my head) ..so I went to my alpha level (a state of relaxed awareness where you're more in touch with the higher consciousness) and asked the Universe to somehow deliver to me a 1971 camper that would be in good enough shape that I would only need to do minor maintenance to keep it going strong. 

less than ten minutes later a friend of mine called me out of the blue and said "hey I just wanted to let you know I saw an old VW bus for sale.  it's a 71 and it looks like it's in pretty good shape." I said "are you serious?" she said, "Yeah, actually it's a camper."  ..that was a Monday.  I bought it that Friday.  my friend had no idea I was interested in getting another bus (I'm not even sure she knew I'd ever owned one), she just saw at and thought I'd get a kick out of it.  True story...

if you want to know more about the alpha level and the power of your mind, go to www.americanmonk.com or www.silvaultramindsystems.com  both these sites have a free online course complete with mp3s to help train you to go to the alpha level (a state of mind where your brain produces mostly alpha waves, production of beta waves is reduced--leads to greater focus, greater intuitive abilities, greater creativity, increased ability to affect the outer world with your mind)

..sky

braidmeister

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2008, 12:23:25 pm »

...or you can build something like this: http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/messages/17997/24733.html?1195451868

...and NO you can't come over & try it out! (No Cooties!)  :D   ;D

6T5 square

• PLATINUM Member
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2008, 12:25:30 pm »

Getting a little off topic, aren't we?
John
60 Beetle- Ned
65 1500S Squareback-Weezer gone but not forgotten
2014 Jetta
Dont know everything but I'll try and learn
Friends don't let friends drive 6 volts
Obnoxious objector??

skymath

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2008, 12:39:02 pm »

I don't think so.  The topic is "my high top camper".  I acquired my high top camper in part through the use of the silva method; hence, it's on-topic :)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up