SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: my high top camper  (Read 11611 times)

lovebus (jack)

• Club Co-Founder, Member SJVWCC
  • Web Site Administrator
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Happy Trails Vanagon, AB2W
    • SJVWC Charter Member
Re: my high top camper
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2008, 01:41:05 pm »

Sky, I go into a state of relaxed awareness every day around this time... in fact I'm going to go do it now. Ahhh maybe its a state of unawareness.
I don't have to go to work in the morning....

RT 66 June 1, 2015

"Why restore it to its former short comings
When you can modify it too its full potential."

dawelder

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2008, 02:07:01 pm »

Cant do that anymore since the random testing at work. stoned#

lovebus (jack)

• Web Site Administrator
  • PLATINUM Member
    • SJVWC Charter Member
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2008, 03:11:41 pm »

Cant do that anymore since the random testing at work. stoned#

Thats right, just keep working!!

RT 66 June 1, 2015

Mikecoast

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2008, 03:29:29 pm »

Jack stop licking the seats in your BUS.
It's having a strange effect on you.

skymath

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2008, 03:44:25 pm »

hehehe you guys are awesome.  not that kind of relaxed awareness..  this one's healthier :)

of course, the Silva method, awesome as it is, is like the kindergarten level; if you want the college level, check out www.falundafa.org.  it's deep and profound

scarecrow

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2008, 05:18:34 pm »

Sky, dude, seriously with all due respect your scaring me mmmm However if I take the theories you put forth and customize them to suit my own paradigm, it becomes a combination of synchronicity and Erica Jung’s thoughts on ‘Wish Becomes Will”  Of course this now gives rise to the unaccredited caveat that one must be careful what they wish for. All this aside, I did pray to the Hot Rod Gods of Big Ed Daddy Roth and Von Dutch for guidance. Sometime thereafter I was visited by the vision of a short wheel base mid sixties Ford Econoline Van with a 200 CI six cylinder with a two speed auto 184 Well that’s more than enough deep thinking for me. I’m going to go have a beer along with a double Bourbon and watch reruns of Grocho Marx’s “You Bet Your Life”  :clipboard_50x50:
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 08:33:12 pm by scarecrow »

skymath

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2008, 10:23:45 am »

don't be scared.  it's cool.  at least as cool as your thoughts anyway...

have you seen the movie "the secret"? it's a kind of hokey movie, which is a shame, because the principle it's expounding is absolutely valid.  It's called "the law of attraction" and in short it says that there's vibrational frequencies to everything in the universe, and these frequencies interact sympathetically and  harmonically just like sound frequencies.  so if you think about something a lot, it tends to bring that something into your life.  the "vibes" of your thoughts interact with every other bit of energy in the universe, and things start "coincidentally" working out along the lines of what you were thinking.

when you're at the alpha level, your brain waves are regular (not chaotic like at the beta level, the normal waking state of consciousness); you're more focused, and so the thoughts you're putting out are more focused and thus have a greater impact on the world

if you think that this is all new age-y nonsense, I caution you: I'm a mathematician.  the essence of my job is to show the logical results of given assumptions, and to always test assumptions and see whether they can be reduced or eliminated.  it's a HUGE assumption that the world consists only of what we can perceive with our senses...  we all interact with radio waves every day, but they can be "seen" only because we mathematically know how to interact with them (ie setting up an antenna, tuning it such, etc) ...I've been working for several years on a problem related to this concept of the energetic interactions between all things... 

and before anyone worries about being off-topic: these are the things I think about in "my high top camper"  :) :) :)

lovebus (jack)

• Web Site Administrator
  • PLATINUM Member
    • SJVWC Charter Member
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2008, 11:03:04 am »

don't be scared.  it's cool.  at least as cool as your thoughts anyway...

we all interact with radio waves every day, but they can be "seen" only because we mathematically know how to interact with them (ie setting up an antenna, tuning it such, etc) ...

Being a Amateur Radio Operator (Ham) your Finally saying something I can understand.  :icon_geek:

RT 66 June 1, 2015

matt

• PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2008, 08:55:36 pm »

I know this is sooooooooooooooo way off topic

.  It's called "the law of attraction" and in short it says that there's vibrational frequencies to everything in the universe, and these frequencies interact sympathetically and  harmonically just like sound frequencies.  so if you think about something a lot, it tends to bring that something into your life. 

the "vibes" of your thoughts interact with every other bit of energy in the universe, and things start "coincidentally" working out along the lines of what you were thinking.

when you're at the alpha level, your brain waves are regular (not chaotic like at the beta level, the normal waking state of consciousness); you're more focused, and so the thoughts you're putting out are more focused and thus have a greater impact on the world

if you think that this is all new age-y nonsense, I caution you: I'm a mathematician.  the essence of my job is to show the logical results of given assumptions, and to always test assumptions and see whether they can be reduced or eliminated.  it's a HUGE assumption that the world consists only of what we can perceive with our senses...  we all interact with radio waves every day, but they can be "seen" only because we mathematically know how to interact with them (ie setting up an antenna, tuning it such, etc) ...I've been working for several years on a problem related to this concept of the energetic interactions between all things... 

and before anyone worries about being off-topic: these are the things I think about in "my high top camper"  :) :) :)

One of my hobbies is theoretical physics, especially relativity & quantum mechanics. Also stat.s cause I like to know what the numbers REALLY MEAN.

I would love to talk about this.

there's vibrational frequencies to everything in the universe,

Just light and sound, ........not the biggest force, gravity, nor anything at the quantum level,  which is everything at the atomic scale and "below" - well actually, that includes photons and some mediums used for transmission of "sound waves" - so light and sound waves are in question at the quantum level

and these frequencies interact sympathetically and  harmonically just like sound frequencies,

I think they waves you are thinking of also work to negate each other, - the trough effect

My background is in neurophysiology, the nervous system,
( but would have been happeir as a vw mechanic! too late!)

when you're at the alpha level, your brain waves are regular (not chaotic like at the beta level, the normal waking state of consciousness); you're more focused

Actually when you are in the beta state, your mind is more focused and determined, and beta state is not really chaotic just higer frequency. Chaotic  = amt  varation around the mean, looking at alpha waves, they seem to be more chaotic than beta waves.  http://www.web-us.com/brainwavesfunction.htm

so the thoughts you're putting out ....
  you would have to prove to me the thought-energy you are putting out is measureably over/beyond what energy our bodies normally put out (heat, water, etc)

the "vibes" of your thoughts interact with every other bit of energy in the universe, and things start "coincidentally" working out along the lines of what you were thinking.

again, I think you are not considering the trough effects, your thougts would be like dropping a peice of a grain of sand in the ocean and say it has an influence. Neat  & fun saying ,but the wind from a butterflys wing does not change worldwide weather.

it's a HUGE assumption that the world consists only of what we can perceive with our senses

Absolutley true. Red, green , blue etc, does not exist, neither does sweet, sour,  etc, nor does sound , hot or cold exists outside of our senses

so if you think about something a lot, it tends to bring that something into your life.

your brain waves are regular (not chaotic like at the beta level, the normal waking state of consciousness); you're more focused, and so the thoughts you're putting out are more focused and thus have a greater impact on the world

These are New Age ideas.  Always wonder why New Age ideas are not declared as being "New Age" ?

We should talk at next year picnic, out of ear range of the other members, otherwise the club members would kill us.

Cheers,

Matt

1955 3-fold semaphore Oval beetle
1971 Convertible beetle
1977 Westfalia, FI,  Berlin interior

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.?
― G. Michael Hopf

matt

• PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2008, 09:00:18 pm »

I apologize already for the above!

s3

He and I can always email

M
1971 Convertible beetle

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.?
― G. Michael Hopf

kiko

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2008, 09:21:25 pm »

WOW you guys think to much You can sum everthing up with one word "because"

matt

• PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2008, 09:30:54 pm »

...sounds good to me!  :icon_cheesygrin:

M

Hey good job on Jacks brakelines, you flared some piping,

I never did that, guess flare tools are handy to have.

Matt
1971 Convertible beetle

― G. Michael Hopf

66-Ghia

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2008, 09:49:00 pm »

THIS IS WAY OFF TOPIC

Kiko what color is your VW  (love it.

Bud

lovebus (jack)

• Web Site Administrator
  • PLATINUM Member
    • SJVWC Charter Member
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2008, 10:16:40 pm »

"but the wind from a butterflys wing does not change worldwide weather."

Matt, I like that... It sounds so Japanese.

s#r Does a butterfly’s wings create a wind or a gentle breeze? Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Excuse me, I have to go and  meditate about that.  hummmmm.

RT 66 June 1, 2015

kiko

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2008, 10:45:13 pm »

Bud not sure of the name but its red and orange together I like that color it looks really cool at night in the night,  Matt thanx.  Let me know if you want to learn how to do flares on lines its real easy.  Jack has a realy nice Matco metal line flaring kit!  But you can get cheaper ones at pep boys or whoever?  run you usually 20 to 30 bucks depending on what you want to do          Sorry bout the off topic bit         Oh and sky oil pressure switch
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up