SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: my high top camper  (Read 11609 times)

matt

• PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
Re: my high top camper
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2008, 11:45:49 am »

I should pick up one of those tools, I bet it is handy.
  In the future whenever one of my brakelines go, I want to replace it with stainless steel, cause I plan on having my bugs...well, forever.  ( At least my daughters do).
  I've seen one in a hardware store the other day, noticed it had different holes sizes in the tool.
Is there a particular size I should get for a bug?  I dont know anything about these tools..

Matt

1955 3-fold semaphore Oval beetle
1971 Convertible beetle
1977 Westfalia, FI,  Berlin interior

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.?
― G. Michael Hopf

skymath

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2008, 12:09:19 pm »

Oh and sky oil pressure switch

omg I'd forgotten already!  ack.

but I can't order anything for a few more days cause I thought my wallet was stolen and cancelled my visa card.  found my wallet under some crap.  whoops.  ..the bank says it takes 5-7 days to get me my card, but they can get it overnight for $16...  grrr..  actually now that I think about it in a calmer mood, it probably costs nearly that much just to overnight it.  so maybe they're not taking advantage of the misfortunate (or in my case, merely foolish) as much as I thought...

hey anyone want to help me adjust my brakes?  apparently you're not supposed to move the pedal halfway down before it engages.  who knew?  and apparently when it engages it's not supposed to make a dull thunk-thunk-thunking sound.  well that much I knew :)

...sky

matt

• PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2008, 12:28:48 pm »

........... apparently you're not supposed to move the pedal halfway down before it engages.  who knew?  ...............

...sky

ah, halfway down aint nothing to worry 'bout, why back in my day, Brak-pedal to the floor were the norm, and ya eventuall stop - but  by that time you be yankin on that emergency brake perty hard. - Another bug workout moment!

always make sure yer emergence brake cable & rear drum was well adjusted.

M

What you are asking to do is real easy, check in your Vw Idiot Book.
Very easy,

Unless the adj-stars are frozen  >:(

1971 Convertible beetle

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.?
― G. Michael Hopf

matt

• PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2008, 12:34:31 pm »

I posted a how to when doing my rear brakes ,in there are step by step photos about ajdusting the rear brakes, ( and replacing them).............adjustment is the samefor the front.

rear brakes, and adjust

Might also want to review a lot of stuff Jack put up in the "how to" about brakes
1971 Convertible beetle

― G. Michael Hopf

jrival

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2008, 12:47:18 pm »

I know I'm a little late to this topic, but if I can get it back on track...Westfalia never made hi-top campers that I know of.  Those were all aftermarket conversions:  Adventurewagen, Safare, and Dormobile.  Westfalia got their camper busses shipped to them directly from the factory; the others I'm not sure of.  You do indeed appear to have an Adventurewagen.  I've attached a few pics posted by theSamba member:  Adventurewagen.  If you do a in search the gallery for him you can see all his pics.  

http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/200155.jpg
http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/296226.jpg
http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/270135.jpg
http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/201926.jpg  This one's just plain cool.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up