SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Steering Box Went.  (Read 2614 times)

Bugaru "JAY"

• Car Show/Events Chairperson
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Subaru Powered 300+ HP
    • Events Chairperson
Steering Box Went.
« on: July 22, 2008, 10:18:09 pm »

My Freaking Fracken Steering Box went south. I just can't get any more adjustment out of it. It had been seeping a little oil but now I can feel the gears slipping. The sad thing about it is that I had it off and in my hand and thought about replacing it with a new one when i replaced my front beam earlier this spring. But no-oooo I thought that it would be OK. Now I need to replace it to be able to safely drive Louie again. The problem is that it's the early steering pitman arm and they no longer make these, so not only do I need to replace the steering box, but must also replace the pitman arm and also the two tie rod ends as all of these items are needed to fit the newer style steering box. I have no other choice!

It's John's fault, because I know that Weezers Jt3 box just went and I think I parked too close to him. You know these things are catch-eeeee  s0k .  &m&

So I ordered two new steering boxes. One for Louie and one also for the orginal Bugaru1. Figured that I'm going to tackle this issue once and all for two of the heard. I'm so freaking excitted to get into this project.  :icon_puke_l: Just when was the last time you had a new Box?  s#r

TURBO'ed 1956 Oval Window aka LOUIE. It Sucks Blows and Goes Fast-tttttt

My Dubs are built with the Best and Cheapest Quality rejected Parts.
Ok. So I'm missing and have a few loose screws, but those are only in my head

Politically Incorect and Damn Proud of it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up