SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: some thoughts I have in my high top camper  (Read 2268 times)

skymath

some thoughts I have in my high top camper
« on: July 25, 2008, 10:28:34 pm »

I know this is sooooooooooooooo way off topic

One of my hobbies is theoretical physics, especially relativity & quantum mechanics. Also stat.s cause I like to know what the numbers REALLY MEAN.

I would love to talk about this.

there's vibrational frequencies to everything in the universe,

Just light and sound, ........not the biggest force, gravity, nor anything at the quantum level,  which is everything at the atomic scale and "below" - well actually, that includes photons and some mediums used for transmission of "sound waves" - so light and sound waves are in question at the quantum level

you're partially correct.  the "frequencies" associated with gravity haven't yet been detected by physicists.  and at the quantum level, the only thing that exists is "frequencies".  You may've come across the expression "psi"--this refers to the greek character which usually represents the solution to something like Schroedinger's equation (sp?) ..vibrational frequencies is a very simplified way of expressing this; Fourier series is somewhat more correct.  Technically speaking, at the "quantum" level (which by the way, only goes down to the Planck scale--and there's an unbelievable amount of stuff going on below the Planck scale), everything consists of superpositions of multiple frequencies.  You are correct in that there are both troughs and peaks; I was referring to both when I mentioned harmonic interaction.  but basically, something we think of as an atom, for example, consists of quite a large number of energy waves.  these energy waves interact harmonically, and where the combined interaction is additive to a certain level, it has enough "energy" or whathaveyou to be considered "matter" (I'm simplifying this a lot because technically in order to perceive something you must have an energetic interaction with it, which affects it's state.  You've probably heard of the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle, which essentially states that you can't know the absolute state of something because you have to alter its state to gain information about it.  This is reflected mathematically in Goedel's Incompleteness Theorem, which proves that any logical system of sufficient complexity either contains truths which are unprovable or contains internal contradictions.)   ..the parts where the "troughs" are we don't perceive

and these frequencies interact sympathetically and  harmonically just like sound frequencies,

I think they waves you are thinking of also work to negate each other, - the trough effect
correct

My background is in neurophysiology, the nervous system,
( but would have been happeir as a vw mechanic! too late!)
that's awesome!  perhaps I should rethink the comment I'm about to make on your take on beta waves :)

when you're at the alpha level, your brain waves are regular (not chaotic like at the beta level, the normal waking state of consciousness); you're more focused

Actually when you are in the beta state, your mind is more focused and determined, and beta state is not really chaotic just higer frequency. Chaotic  = amt  varation around the mean, looking at alpha waves, they seem to be more chaotic than beta waves.  http://www.web-us.com/brainwavesfunction.htm
I don't agree with certain things on that site.  I'd like to see an EEG of someone in a "highway trance" because I'd expect that they'd be in alpha rather than theta.  To my understanding, theta is associated with a dreamlike state and occurs during waking consciousness primarily while daydreaming, which often is mostly alpha but can be theta.  But I'm not an expert....

I disagree that your mind is more focused and determined at beta.  It is my understanding that the experience of being in "the zone", often referred to in sports but experienced by many people, is a characteristic alpha-dominated state.  Someone who is more -aroused- would be in beta--but not necessarily more focused...  Generally, the deeper your focus, the slower and more regular your brainwaves.  But also I'm referring to the state of a person who has trained himself to achieve an alpha level while awake; most people experience it only "naturally" like when first falling asleep or waking up, and so it seems somewhat chaotic because of its dreamy nature.

so the thoughts you're putting out ....
  you would have to prove to me the thought-energy you are putting out is measureably over/beyond what energy our bodies normally put out (heat, water, etc)
hehe the Truths I speak need no proof; they are self-evident or unknowable :)

actually i'm working on a proof.  it's not on the level of energy you're talking about, though.  it has to do with the fundamental nature of the global consciousness and how that consciousness is partitioned into comprehensible pseudofragments.   Believe me if I finish the proof I'll let you know :)

the "vibes" of your thoughts interact with every other bit of energy in the universe, and things start "coincidentally" working out along the lines of what you were thinking.

again, I think you are not considering the trough effects, your thougts would be like dropping a peice of a grain of sand in the ocean and say it has an influence. Neat  & fun saying ,but the wind from a butterflys wing does not change worldwide weather.
no I am considering the trough effects.  I think you need to consider two things: 1) that EVERY "event" is the superposition of an infinite amount of energy (a simple way to look at it is to say that for a given atom of something to be somewhere, it had to travel through the cosmos from whereever it was formed to get to where it is.  it had quite a lot of opportunities to be somewhere else but ended up where it is.  every atom had the same thing going on, etc) ...actually the "trough effects" are what keeps things in what seems to be a stable arrangement--because the possibility of, say, the air near my hand reforming into a cup of coffee is almost completely zeroed out by the gross amount of energy that's telling it to be air... the "coffee cup" reality is a trough (actually not so much a trough as a zeroed out part; a true trough would have coffee cup information in a negative direction but maybe we needn't get into that here :) )

2) a chaotic regime (somewhere in a set of equations where chaos is happening, technically speaking) is defined by having the characteristic of "sensitive dependence on initial conditions" which is to say that if you change the initial setup even very very very slightly, that change will be "magnified" by the chaotic regime, and the end result will be unpredictably different.  the so-called butterfly effect is for illustrative purposes.  generally speaking, the vast majority of butterflies don't have tangible effect on the vast majority of storms.  however, that's NOT to say it's impossible.  whereas for a particular butterfly, the air moved by its flapping wings will probably be itself subsumed by whatever wind happens to be blowing (which has much greater force than the butterflies wings on the movement of air in that part of the atmosphere), it does not follow that there does not exist a situation in which a butterfly's movements affect a storm elsewhere.   

...when you consider things on the "quantum" level, where superpositions can be collapsed outside of the assumed timeline (in other words, you can affect something which you consciously presume to have "already happened"), and where a large number of tiny effects can be coordinated remotely, you can essentially cause things to "come together" in ways that seem coincidental simply because we  don't have an established physics for them.  mark my words: when I've completed my work on this subject, given a sufficient timeline for the physicists to figure it out, eventually this stuff will be considered normal, just like it's normal now to have a group of less than 1000 people cause multiple millions of people around the world to shout at the same time--because those 1000 people are working on the Super Bowl, playing in it and broadcasting it around the world using invisible rays that no one can see, and there was just a touchdown, and almost a billion people shouted their glee or chagrin "in unison" ... if you told a person 200 years ago that you could make that happen, they'd disbelieve you on a number of levels, only one of which would be the invisible rays with which you're transmitting this information.....

it's a HUGE assumption that the world consists only of what we can perceive with our senses

Absolutley true. Red, green , blue etc, does not exist, neither does sweet, sour,  etc, nor does sound , hot or cold exists outside of our senses

so if you think about something a lot, it tends to bring that something into your life.

your brain waves are regular (not chaotic like at the beta level, the normal waking state of consciousness); you're more focused, and so the thoughts you're putting out are more focused and thus have a greater impact on the world

These are New Age ideas.  Always wonder why New Age ideas are not declared as being "New Age" ?
yeah it's a shame that "new age" people tend to be "out there" ...oftentimes good information is lost in poor packaging.  but Buddhism has known all this for thousands of years (longer, if you want to get really technical about it--but in this period of human civilization it's been written down for at least thousands of years) ...the only thing which is knowable is that nothing is permanent; permanence is a delusion of the senses

We should talk at next year picnic, out of ear range of the other members, otherwise the club members would kill us.

Cheers,

Matt

i was going to split this, but again, the topic is my high top camper, and I spend a good two hours a day in my high top camper, thinking about this stuff (well, and also about what I'm going to have for lunch, etc)  . ..don't flame me :)

..sky

ps okay I caved and split the topic :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up