SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BBBB At Lavallette  (Read 6580 times)

lovebus (jack)

• Club Co-Founder, Member SJVWCC
  • Web Site Administrator
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Happy Trails Vanagon, AB2W
    • SJVWC Charter Member
BBBB At Lavallette
« on: July 27, 2008, 09:14:34 pm »

All in all it was a great day today at the show. We only had two minor mishaps #1 see if you can guess who ran out of gas only 15 min into the cruise. The good was we Weren’t held up long because he happened to have a container of gas in his trunk. The Bad, not a good idea to carry gas in any container in your trunk.

Mishap #2 was Yucel vs Tire. Yucel had a flat because Leadfoot Michelle was going so fast she overheated the tires and one gave out on them. Bad news was the spair was also flat  :icon_tongue: Mark to the rescue, Mark had a 12v tire pump in his car and in not time had the tire pumped up.

[yt=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dos1pzpW4sY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dos1pzpW4sY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

The best part of any show for me is, meeting up, The cruise and the BS with good friends at the show.

3 PAGES MORE OF PHOTOS

3 PAGES MORE OF PHOTOS
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 09:20:39 pm by LoveBus (jack) »
I don't have to go to work in the morning....

RT 66 June 1, 2015

"Why restore it to its former short comings
When you can modify it too its full potential."

scarecrow

Re: BBBB At Lavallette
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 09:29:45 pm »

Sure hope everyone made it home OK. Was dark as night, wicked lightning strikes & the heaviest rain that I have driven thru in a long time,  just kept following Greg’s tail lights. Rain stopped when we got to the Pike but started again big time when I hit the back roads on the way home. Was raining so hard the I was soaked from just having the vent window open to try an keep the windshield clear. But made it home with no problems. Very eventful, adventures and fun day. Would do I again in a heatbeat drive&&

Bugaru "JAY"

• Car Show/Events Chairperson
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Subaru Powered 300+ HP
    • Events Chairperson
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 09:31:48 pm »

Looks like you guys had a 1\2 decent day  :icon_sunny:. Sorry about year two and the heavy rain gl6. Hey Jack putting those nuts on "that's the most screwing you've done in years". c23

TURBO'ed 1956 Oval Window aka LOUIE. It Sucks Blows and Goes Fast-tttttt

My Dubs are built with the Best and Cheapest Quality rejected Parts.
Ok. So I'm missing and have a few loose screws, but those are only in my head

Politically Incorect and Damn Proud of it!

Beetleboi -Greg-

• Band for hire, let me know what you need!
  • PLATINUM Member
    • Greg's Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 03:45:30 am »

Dad discovered I have a leak somewhere. There was about a half an inch puddle on his side. Might have been from the lake-like puddle we went through. Jack I think one of your talk lights is out or dim.
ROUTE 66 MAY 2014

1972 Volkswagen WestFakia "Mildred"

You buy your own bus, and do what you want to your bus. I'll do what I want to so with mine. Pissing off purists one modification at at time.

"After a Hurricane Comes a Rainbow" - Katy Perry

carfolite73Super

• PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 07:25:44 am »

Looks like a great adventure. Hope all made it home safe. It least the rain was later in the day. I had hail coming down at my house for 10 min. during that storm. OUCH!
Build it the way YOU want it!
 1965 Mustang convertible
 1954 Chevrolet 3100 pickup (3rd owner)
Not currently a VW owner....

lovebus (jack)

• Club Co-Founder, Member SJVWCC
  • Web Site Administrator
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Happy Trails Vanagon, AB2W
    • SJVWC Charter Member
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 10:20:24 am »

. Jack I think one of your talk lights is out or dim.

The wire fell off, I fixed it at WAWA when Kiko and I stoped for coffee and we also went in the ladies bathroom by mistake. BO**
Only one lady in there. :icon_cry:
I don't have to go to work in the morning....

RT 66 June 1, 2015

"Why restore it to its former short comings
When you can modify it too its full potential."

Celly

• Charter Member
  • PLATINUM Member
  • SJVWC
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 09:22:33 pm »

Guys,

We had a great time at B&BBBB :icon_thumleft:.  I thank the VW Gods  :angel: that everyone got home safe, it was really pouring  gl6 out when we got home and I know many of you had alot further to go.

Mark, thanks again for being so prepared & having an equally lead foot, we'll cruise with you anytime $61$...I will be sure to make sure my spare is fully aired up before departing on any more trips  s#r and Jack thanks for getting it on video for everyone else to see  T1

Once again I am reminded why I belong to such a great club sjvwc.ico  BO** BO** BO**

-Yucel

vwlogo's run better when you go faster itstrue

ps... Jack and Chris went into the ladies bathroom by MISTAKE  s#r...yeah right , a MISTAKE !9!
There are two things in ordinary conversation which ordinary people dislike - information and wit.

It\'s not a car, it\'s not a van, its a BUS!

scarecrow

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 10:37:54 pm »

Mark, thanks again for being so prepared & having an equally lead foot, we'll cruise with you anytime $61$...
-Yucel

vwlogo's run better when you go faster itstrue

I don't care to lead but I love to chase  burnrubber  glad to follow you two anytime any where Rabit266

Beetleboi -Greg-

• Band for hire, let me know what you need!
  • PLATINUM Member
    • Greg's Facebook
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 12:11:45 am »

I think it was a good run because we didn't have any 36ers... NO OFFENSE  :-*

I was scared passing the copper at 60 mph. I was just going to blame it on Jack for rushing to wawa to use the *cough* bathroom.

Hopefully dad and I can look at the carb on monday so my coughing spell will be over. I bumped up the idle *big screw* lets see what happens tomorrow.
ROUTE 66 MAY 2014

1972 Volkswagen WestFakia "Mildred"

You buy your own bus, and do what you want to your bus. I'll do what I want to so with mine. Pissing off purists one modification at at time.

"After a Hurricane Comes a Rainbow" - Katy Perry
Pages: [1]   Go Up