SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Collingswood Cruise 8/21/08 - YOU HAD TO BE THERE!!!  (Read 6885 times)

njgt-1

• Charter Member---Past Club President
  • PLATINUM Member
    • South Jersey VW Club
Collingswood Cruise 8/21/08 - YOU HAD TO BE THERE!!!
« on: August 22, 2008, 09:07:46 pm »

First off the photos below aren't from some VW show in Southern California, but right here  on Haddon Avenue in beautiful downtown Collingswood!!

Never was there a finer line of Vdubs on Haddon Ave!

You're not seeing things thats a Caddy in the middle of the Vdubs Marty has a great sense of humor! and the Caddy is actually very nice except theres enough gas in it to fuel every VW in the photos!

Sorry about the blur but when do you get a chance to see 14 VWs ( OK a Caddy & a Tbird posing as a VW ) on a week night in South Jersey?? You Might say I was excited!

Thats Daves great looking red Ghia and the Clubs Newest member Don and son with their street legal 40 Ford look alike! look out Ed ! these guys are takin the Highway over hope they don't ever put a big engine in it then we'll be seeing double trouble on the strip!!

Another view of that Mini Ford, Joe Ts 'Ole Blue eyes" ( who also wins the contest for "Loudest Muffler" ) and a certain blue 72 Super thats much loved by its owner  (love

"Blue Eyes" and that great lookin Super again!

"Gee Mister why do they call it a Super Beetle?"
Because they can Sonny! and it is!

Weezy never looked better! the lone t-3 and a looker!
( OK John don't let it go to your head!" )

The Famous "Most Beautiful P.O.S. Bus"
not sure what P.O.S. stands for could it be how Jack got it? Positively Outstanding Steal ? Anyway it was a big hit, kids kept climbing in thinking it was a big refrigerator box or something to play in! Anyway here it is in all its multi colored glory....

This was a group of Homeless Vagrants living in the bushes where we parked! They were trying to negotiate with Jack to let them camp out in the POS Bus, Wisely Jack said a firm "NO".

This is Martys Caddy, now this car gives new meaning to "Pimp my ride"!
eventually Marty negotiated a deal with the vagrants to use his trunk as a shelter. They even had enough room for luggage and furniture and were last seen living in the trunk. OK Marty can use the cash for gas money! good move!

OK this is Gregs famous "Brittany Bethany Schwarz" the car with 3 names. No she doesn't have a skin condition or zits but just a little "touch up" ala spray bomb. Now Greg is really doing a great job of bringing this one back and shes making a fine driver as well as keeping Greg out of trouble! Keep it up Greg she's lookin great!

OK now we know where Greg gets his talent! This is Jims car, hes doing a great job on this one and also happens to be Gregs dad. I wonder who borrows whos tools! I saw this car while it was still a pile of parts and Jim deserves an award for the fastest resurrection of a car! Its looking better and better every time its out!

Marc's Baja finally back! This car has survived a transmission transplant ( gone from 3 gear to 4 gears), an engine rebuild, and a rewiring job. This is keeping Marc busy but the results are worth it! Welcome back!

Now you might have noticed this isn't a VW but a very nice 55 T-Bird. Mike C has had this car for a long time and soon it might be going down the road to a new owner. Now that leaves Mike with lots of time and some free garage space plus a hidden VW and a Mustang II that is living under his deck ( honest it is, I saw it and still don't know how he did it ) Ok what happens when you mix a VW , Mustang and one bored guy with some great ideas and a mig? Vola! a V8 Beetle! Coming soon to a cruise night near you !

OK folks, its 10 o' clock and time for my meds! besides its past my bed time so if you want to see more of my photos just check out the galley pages. Sorry if I missed you or your car, and also don't take any of this serious! You had to be there!

« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 10:07:23 pm by njgt-1 »
\\\\\\\"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing\\\\\\\"

Ben Franklin

VWPANZER1

• Member SJVWC ------- Charter Member-------Past Presidant------- Club Co-Founder
  • Club Vice President
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
    • SJVWC Charter Member
Re: Collingswood Cruise 8/21/08 - YOU HAD TO BE THERE!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 10:51:36 pm »

Great coverage Bob!!

I think your next job should be photographer and show reporter for "Hot VW's- East Coast division.   bronz_cup-winner silver_cup_winner goldwinner

jt

carfolite73Super

• PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 12:16:02 am »

Hey Bob, If you ever give up printing, I think Mike P. can use a good assistant.  BO**
Build it the way YOU want it!
 1965 Mustang convertible
 1954 Chevrolet 3100 pickup (3rd owner)
Not currently a VW owner....

lovebus (jack)

• Club Co-Founder, Member SJVWCC
  • Web Site Administrator
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Happy Trails Vanagon, AB2W
    • SJVWC Charter Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 05:58:14 am »

P#3 Yaaaa, great job Bob, we now have a new Photog. for the shows and events  BO** .

I'm glad I didn't get around to posting my pix's of the show... now I dont have to!!  :icon_thumright:
I don't have to go to work in the morning....

RT 66 June 1, 2015

"Why restore it to its former short comings
When you can modify it too its full potential."

njgt-1

• PLATINUM Member
    • South Jersey VW Club
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 06:34:04 am »

I'm glad I didn't get around to posting my pix's of the show... now I dont have to!! 
Jack,

Post the photos of the drawing and I'll write something stupid!  :clipboard_50x50:
\\\\\\\"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing\\\\\\\"

Ben Franklin

66-Ghia

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 02:34:02 pm »

HAY BOB

I AGREE WITH JOE T. JUST MAKE SURE IT IS  EAST COAST VW's   
  $61$  BO**

Bud
66 Ghia
71 don't know bus

if you can't laugh at yourself, don't laugh at others  :icon_clown:

lovebus (jack)

• Club Co-Founder, Member SJVWCC
  • Web Site Administrator
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Happy Trails Vanagon, AB2W
    • SJVWC Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 08:38:49 pm »

Ed drawing the lucky winner of the GPS. I think our raffle was quite successful for a first time try at it and for a very good cause. MORE PHOTOS

I don't have to go to work in the morning....

RT 66 June 1, 2015

"Why restore it to its former short comings
When you can modify it too its full potential."

njgt-1

• PLATINUM Member
    • South Jersey VW Club
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 10:13:51 pm »

Jack,

Great Pics!
that was the perfect setting to finish the raffle! The bus in the background just adds to the moment!

I'll see if Ed was able to get a photo of the guy who won the GPS and we can post it on the home page.

Ben Franklin

carfolite73Super

• PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 10:57:55 pm »

It was a GREAT evening. I even found it to be a great place to SELL a car! If all goes as planned, I will have an opening in the garage on Thursday.
Build it the way YOU want it!
 1965 Mustang convertible
 1954 Chevrolet 3100 pickup (3rd owner)
Not currently a VW owner....

njgt-1

• PLATINUM Member
    • South Jersey VW Club
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 06:03:31 am »

It was a GREAT evening. I even found it to be a great place to SELL a car! If all goes as planned, I will have an opening in the garage on Thursday.

Hey whats that sound in Haddon Heights??? Must be a V8 Beetle!!  burnrubber

Good Luck Mike!

Ben Franklin
Pages: [1]   Go Up