SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BHCU Car Show Pics  (Read 6225 times)

Bugaru "JAY"

• Car Show/Events Chairperson
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Subaru Powered 300+ HP
    • Events Chairperson
BHCU Car Show Pics
« on: September 27, 2008, 10:33:52 pm »

Ok Guys, and Dolly’s for the few of us that ventured out into the nasty weather today and attended the Philly BHCU’s car show here are some pics. The car show was actually faily nice, and the Street Rod Driving pastor who held a small service before the show started had us all pray for no rain. You know, what it worked, because other then a 2 minute drizzle it didn’t rain. So I guess that the Street Rod Riding Pastor has some sort of Pull with the main man upstairs. That or our 60’s Woodstock Chant of no-rain no-rain-nnnnnnnnnnnn prayed off.

9 out of 10 cars were Lead Sleds, with a few smatterings of other special interest vehicles. The car classes were your normal stock and custom. You know the ones that all the belly button look alike cars fall into. There were three Best of’s. Best Vett, Best Stang, and Best VDub. The winner of the Best VW was actually not a VW at all but rather a VW Cab placed ontop of a GM drive train with a hugh Blower ontop. And knowing that the VIN number on a VW is on the Pan, I’m wondering how this could have been a VW at all? Sounds cool, but honestly it was Fuggly “the attached pics will tell the story” especially with every bit of 600+ lbs of engine plus car weight sitting right over the front axel and little or no weight over the drive axel/rear. The women who claimed to own it said that she couldn’t drive it because she couldn’t steer it, Duh-aaaa “I wonder why” ? All-in-All it was worth it to see how excited she was when she won.

I was lucky enough to have Fidel Castro’s "little" brother Will Castro from Unique Whips and Courtney Hanson from Speed TV stop by and they both liked my car. I hit Will with a challenge “actually Ramone” put me up to it”. So I asked Will when he was going to attempt his hand at a real challenge a “VW” he smiled at me while checking out my ride, and rubbing his hand across my interior, and asked who did it? He asked me to contact him, and provided his contact info.

Well that was about the Best part of the show, not to mention we got a lot of Soul attention. Oh-oooo and both Ramon and my cars were Video Taped for something to do with Comcast, and some new Web Video auto magazine as they asked us questions about our cars. As usual VDubs draw a crowd even at a mussel head Lead Sled Head event. 

As for the winners. Well how do I say this kindly? Lets just say you need to be in the “Society” to win. Never did I think that I would have seen this happen at so many car shows as most of the winning cars were members rides, including the VW. The show was Boeings Helicopter Credit Union "Members" car show. This should have been a key indicator, just take the publics money. Need we say more?  :icon_puke_l:

Pics attached enjoy.   vwlogo

Speed's TV.. Will Castro From Unquie Whips, and Courtney Hanson from Over Hualing. Damn she's Tall & those legs just don't stop-pppppppppp, they really do make an a** out of themselves.  I1t

Romons Got SOUL.. 

Many More Pics Here....

http://www.sjvwc.net/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=239

http://www.sjvwc.net/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=239&page=2
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 08:18:49 am by Bugaru »

TURBO'ed 1956 Oval Window aka LOUIE. It Sucks Blows and Goes Fast-tttttt

My Dubs are built with the Best and Cheapest Quality rejected Parts.
Ok. So I'm missing and have a few loose screws, but those are only in my head

Politically Incorect and Damn Proud of it!

Baha (Shawn)

• Club Vice President
  • PLATINUM Member
  • SYNCRO HiTop----K2SMD
Re: BHCU Car Show Pics
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 11:31:34 pm »

@@@ Thanks Jay.  Oooooooh Courtney.  :icon_thumleft:
The VWs you can sleep in are more gooder

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, The kind that can count and the kind that can't.

njgt-1

• Charter Member---Past Club President
  • PLATINUM Member
    • South Jersey VW Club
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 09:09:37 am »

Jay,
as always a great job with the pics!

Oooooooh Courtney.

shocked WOW!  shocked

but honestly it was Fuggly “the attached pics will tell the story” especially with every bit of 600+ lbs of engine plus car weight sitting right over the front axel and little or no weight over the drive axel/rear.

thats not the best V8 vdub I've ever seen. not much vw left in that one!
Now that tubbed V8 Opel...........(slurp!!)   (love

\\\\\\\"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing\\\\\\\"

Ben Franklin

6T5 square

• PLATINUM Member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 09:51:53 am »

Will castro's a midget
John
60 Beetle- Ned
65 1500S Squareback-Weezer gone but not forgotten
2014 Jetta
Dont know everything but I'll try and learn
Friends don't let friends drive 6 volts
Obnoxious objector??

Bugaru "JAY"

• Car Show/Events Chairperson
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Subaru Powered 300+ HP
    • Events Chairperson
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 10:37:59 am »

Jay,
as always a great job with the pics!

shocked WOW!  shocked

thats not the best V8 vdub I've ever seen. not much vw left in that one!
Now that tubbed V8 Opel...........(slurp!!)   (love

Thanks Bob. As for that Opel it was 4-Sale and the asking price was decent. If I hadn't just commited to my new Rusty Bucket Bus, I'd would have jumped on one of the cars on my always wanted "beloved Cars List" very, very Tempting.  As for the V8 No Beetle, come to think of it I don't even remember seeing a VW Badge on the non-VW car. But like every other V8 Bug I've seen this one to had the drivers seat pushed to the rear seat area, thus only a two seater.

Will castro's a midget

Lets just say that Will was looking up to Courtney all-aaaa Day. While the rest of us was looking down

We handed out all of the flyers that Jack-0 gave me for the Clayton Show, so I'm sure many of these cars may attend, as many have mentioned interest. One of the good things about the Clayton show is it's one of the last of the Season so many cars would want to make a show it or store it season ending event.

TURBO'ed 1956 Oval Window aka LOUIE. It Sucks Blows and Goes Fast-tttttt

My Dubs are built with the Best and Cheapest Quality rejected Parts.
Ok. So I'm missing and have a few loose screws, but those are only in my head

Politically Incorect and Damn Proud of it!

Baha (Shawn)

• Club Vice President
  • PLATINUM Member
  • SYNCRO HiTop----K2SMD
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 11:15:50 am »

We put a OHC Pontiac inline 6 in an opel GT once. Man was that fast. Took a long time to stop though. s#r
The VWs you can sleep in are more gooder

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, The kind that can count and the kind that can't.
Pages: [1]   Go Up