SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CLUB MEETING  (Read 5748 times)

lovebus (jack)

• Club Co-Founder, Member SJVWCC
  • Web Site Administrator
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Happy Trails Vanagon, AB2W
    • SJVWC Charter Member
CLUB MEETING
« on: October 07, 2008, 07:49:58 am »

First congratulations to the new club officers!!! 

Hats off to our outgoing President Bob Mondello for doing an Excellent job while serving as President and I’m sure Joe will continue the job with excellence.

The meeting at our new location was great and went off without a hitch last night and having food during the meeting was not a problem at all that I could see. Being able to hang out in the parking lot afterwards without having to get out before the gates were closed was great. I’m looking forward to meeting a Taylors in the future.

I'm looking forward to another fun filled year with the Great members of SJVWC.

More photos OF MEETING

I HOPE EVERYONE THAT HAD FOOD REMEMBERED TO LEAVE A TIP

« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 08:30:39 am by LoveBus (jack) »
I don't have to go to work in the morning....

RT 66 June 1, 2015

"Why restore it to its former short comings
When you can modify it too its full potential."

6T5 square

• PLATINUM Member
Re: CLUB MEETING
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 11:52:12 am »

I think acoustics are going to be the only issue. Jay suggested moving the director table to one end of the room, but still, you have to talk loud to be heard.
John
60 Beetle- Ned
65 1500S Squareback-Weezer gone but not forgotten
2014 Jetta
Dont know everything but I'll try and learn
Friends don't let friends drive 6 volts
Obnoxious objector??

3Gear

• PLATINUM Member
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 12:02:14 pm »

Hey, I just wanted to say I really like the new meeting location, the food was great everyone had some space to breathe. Two big thumbs up    :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:  Congrats to the new board.

I agree with John to move the directors table to the back wall so they would face the whole room so we could see and hear better.   Just my   2CENTS

1985 Westfalia Millie

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

Baha (Shawn)

• Club Vice President
  • PLATINUM Member
  • SYNCRO HiTop----K2SMD
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 12:16:09 pm »

Taylor's was an excellent choice gentlemen. Working on borrowing a portable podium/ P.A. to try at the next meeting

(not loud just better)

I think the layout you chose would be OK with a little audio. The alternative is 50% of the audience has their backs to you
The VWs you can sleep in are more gooder

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, The kind that can count and the kind that can't.

njgt-1

• Charter Member---Past Club President
  • PLATINUM Member
    • South Jersey VW Club
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 02:10:12 pm »

I think acoustics are going to be the only issue. Jay suggested moving the director table to one end of the room, but still, you have to talk loud to be heard.

You guys are right, the acoustics left something to be desired. I'm thinking by moving the directors table to the end of the room and switching some seating around where we can this might work out ok. That room has acoustic tiles on the ceiling and lots of wood on the walls and I'd think it was designed to be quiet by absorbing sounds. I don't think a PA is necessary but if its a problem after the next meeting then we might try it.

Now I have to admit at first I wasn't too sure how all this would work out but after last night I think Taylors is a great place to hold the meetings. The food was really ( enjoyed a terrific Turkey Club! ) great and the service was excellent. I think the move was a good one and I can see how in the future we might get some use out of the outside deck, possibly a couple of "outdoor" meetings if the weather would permit.

And also lots of  @@@ @@@ @@@ @@@ to Joe, Greg, Jay and Jack. Welcome aboard to the two new board members and Prez Joe. I'm happy with the outcome and I'm sure we will continue to move forward as a club!

Not to be forgotten is John and Frank. You guys are now our first new "Senior Board Members". We realized that with all the talent and ideas you guys have come up with the club can still benefit for your contributions so a big.. @@@ @@@ @@@ to both of you!!
\\\\\\\"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing\\\\\\\"

Ben Franklin

Daverted

• PLATINUM Member
  • 74Sunbug,2020 Tiguan
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 02:34:17 pm »

Bob , Are you still allowed to make such big decissions, :icon_geek: You Know you are a lame Duck now ;D ::) :D ;)

VWPANZER1

• Member SJVWC ------- Charter Member-------Past Presidant------- Club Co-Founder
  • Club Vice President
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
    • SJVWC Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 04:40:07 pm »

Message from the (new) president

I want to thank everyone for the vote of confidence although I suspect that you all suffer a serious lapse in your judgment of character. However I will do my best to continue in Bob’s worthy footsteps and serve the club faithfully.

I also thought last night meeting was exceptional especially the ambience and the food.

We actually had fewer distractions than we had at the dealership.

As past secretary in was difficult to take notes on my lap. Having a comfortable chair and a table was a gift. I suspect that members who came late and didn’t have a chair at our former meeting place also appreciated being able just to come in and sit in comfort.

Like Bob mentioned, we will arrange the head table at the far end for better acoustics.
I have a small portable amp and a microphone (Leftover from a former life) that should work perfectly.

Again, thank you and good luck to the new board and our senior board members.
  We are all looking forward to a great new season, all working together to build 
logosml2 SJVWC into a greater and more successful club.

Remember this is not my club or the boards club; it’s your club. Without members we're just a bunch of guys looking for someone in common to hang out with.

We are here to serve you. But we need all the help we can get.

Love

jt
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 07:40:22 pm by LoveBus (jack) »

njgt-1

• Charter Member---Past Club President
  • PLATINUM Member
    • South Jersey VW Club
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 05:51:25 pm »

Bob , Are you still allowed to make such big decissions, icon_geek You Know you are a lame Duck now Grin

QUACK!! QUACK!!!!

Bob’s worthy footsteps

Good luck Joe! they are a size 12 !
\\\\\\\"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing\\\\\\\"

Ben Franklin
Pages: [1]   Go Up