SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DQ OCT. 08  (Read 6409 times)

lovebus (jack)

• Club Co-Founder, Member SJVWCC
  • Web Site Administrator
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Happy Trails Vanagon, AB2W
    • SJVWC Charter Member
DQ OCT. 08
« on: October 10, 2008, 07:31:01 am »

Now what better picture then this for the OCT. DQ Cruise then 3 beautiful buses?   bus)) bus)) bus)) bus)) bus))  bus)) I know, 6 beautiful buses!!!!!

As always a great time at DQ last night and the theme was "Buses Rule"  MORE PHOTOS of DQ

Bud won the DQ trophy  bronz_cup-winner and Marc H. won the 50/50  d-s

In attendance was, Joe, Bob, Martin, Jim, Greg, Jack, Michelle, Yucel, Bud, Marc & friend, Martin and Mike.     :icon_cheers:
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 07:37:46 am by LoveBus (jack) »
I don't have to go to work in the morning....

RT 66 June 1, 2015

"Why restore it to its former short comings
When you can modify it too its full potential."

Beetleboi -Greg-

• Band for hire, let me know what you need!
  • PLATINUM Member
    • Greg's Facebook
Re: DQ OCT. 08
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 09:48:47 am »

DQ Tonight was a good time, had a decent turn out

Joe T.
Jack
Mike P.
Bob M.
Bud
Michelle
Yucel
Martin
Marc Baja with girlfriend/wife? I didn't catch her name
Jim Schwarz
Greg Schwarz

Took a couple pictures, it was getting kinda dark so I didn't get a picture of Martin's bug or Marc's Baja

I did manage to take a picture of this gem

Bob please don't tell us that the bug is hibernating already?!

Here's a picture of Mike P's Convertable man does that engine sound great nice job Bob and Mike! Isn't it a little chilly to be driving with the top down?

Here are some of the club bus', use bug owners were afraid that the bus were going to out number us luckily Martian and Marc and Joe showed up so it the count was 6 to 3

That black and white bus is John Gallagher's bus he gave in and bought one. Just Kidding that buss is Bud's Bus or the Former Club bus... now it's the P.O.J. Bus. What will you name in next week Bud?

And finally we have pictures of the bugs that turned out.

Topic of night were:

My run in with the guys at a junkyard.. which will remain nameless
Bud's New Glasses/Bus
Yucels Westy
Camping Trip... I guess we'll have to talk to our new events chair person about that one!

The award for best VW went to Bud for his bus. Who knows what award he will build he had a whole motor in the back his bus!

bus)) bus)) bus)) bus)) bus)) bus)) bus)) bus)) bus)) bus)) bus)) bus)) bus)) bus)) bus)) bus)) bus))  :icon_puke_l: :icon_puke_l:

At least none of these showed up  sqBk what was John's excuss anway?!

ROUTE 66 MAY 2014

1972 Volkswagen WestFakia "Mildred"

You buy your own bus, and do what you want to your bus. I'll do what I want to so with mine. Pissing off purists one modification at at time.

"After a Hurricane Comes a Rainbow" - Katy Perry

njgt-1

• Charter Member---Past Club President
  • PLATINUM Member
    • South Jersey VW Club
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 04:54:40 pm »

I did manage to take a picture of this gem

Yo  Greg,

how many times did I say my brakes gave out??
I would have loved to driven the 72 but kinda tough with messed up brakes.

Hey i remember somebody who went by the name "Corrolaboy" !!
\\\\\\\"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing\\\\\\\"

Ben Franklin

66-Ghia

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 05:54:17 pm »

Thank you, Thank you for voting for the bus that has SJVWC tags on it  :icon_thumright: I didn't even attempt to clean it up, after Cheech and Chong
owned it.

It will always be a part of the clubs bus, because of the tags. Try to reason with the MVC   how I could change them over to another member of the club   :wallbash: :wallbash:

I did, and I'm sure a lot of you know the runaround I got from those "fine" folks  -55]

Greg (and others that might want to know) "What will I call it next"-- The Window signs
will read ---- ---  I'm not telling   777
    I will say this, it will have a  theme
other than the "usual" VW.
(No telling Jim)   I will put the  logosml2 First Aid Van sign under the wipers that Bob M. made for my Honda that Ray drove to the first Collingswood show.

Now onto another note (suggested by my wife) as I'm sure all of you are bored with my health issues,

We look at the pictures that are and have been taken, I am sure you have noticed I am VERY round shouldered. Short answer- In 1973 I had a run in with a 5 ton truck, THE TRUCK WON.

Thanks again
Bud and the P.O.J. bus

« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 02:36:40 am by 66-Ghia »

Baha (Shawn)

• Club Vice President
  • PLATINUM Member
  • SYNCRO HiTop----K2SMD
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 07:09:17 pm »

Bud & Club,
When I was at DMV (Turnersville) I spoke with them about transferring vanity tags. The assured me that there would be "no problem" in transferring them to someone else
The VWs you can sleep in are more gooder

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, The kind that can count and the kind that can't.

66-Ghia

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 08:14:14 pm »

Shawn: That is good to know. I did it over the phone with Trenton  f+t They gave me the runaround about my title and so on. I wanted to change the tags to BUDS BUS

Ok so here was my idea, transfer the tags to Jack (if he wanted them)

In my long "note" I forgot to thank Yucel and Jack for getting my license plate light  working.
Thanks guys
Bud

njgt-1

• Charter Member---Past Club President
  • PLATINUM Member
    • South Jersey VW Club
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 09:10:19 pm »

Bud,

I know a couple of places in Philly that would pay big money for that head liner! Sort of "roll your own" stuff. Wasn't that bus in the movie "Up in Smoke" ??  stoned#

stoned#    stoned#
\\\\\\\"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing\\\\\\\"

Ben Franklin

66-Ghia

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2008, 01:54:50 am »

Wow Bob   you must have been reading my mind, I was going to post a question about my headliner, as you know it isn't a pop up and the windshield and rubber has to be replaced. SO do any of you think it would  be ok to remove it and install sound proofing then covered it with birch. I will be doing the inside panels with that also, since I have all of the zebra covered panels to trace from.

Cheech  and Chong must have sold it to Andrew before I bought it   stoned#

Oh yes you guys can burn it at your next camp out   c23  stoned#  :icon_puke_l:

P#3  $61$   88*88    police*

Bud the ex hippie  BO**

Pages: [1]   Go Up