SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CLAYTONS HOPE  (Read 5162 times)

VWPANZER1

• Member SJVWC ------- Charter Member-------Past Presidant------- Club Co-Founder
  • Club Vice President
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
    • SJVWC Charter Member
CLAYTONS HOPE
« on: November 01, 2008, 10:56:10 pm »

Today, Saturday (November 1) was the one mile walk/run-athon for “Claytons Hope” our club charity- actually no one ran, we all walked and at a very leisurely  pace. It was a magnificent day. It was really a lots of fun. We were given Starbucks coffee, Dunkin Donuts and Philly Pretzels, stainless steel insulated coffee mugs and even those of us who signed in late got a free T-shirt.

The overall turnout was better than last year. They were hoping for 500 and it seemed that we were well over that.

However our club showing was pretty lame. Only Bob Mondello, His wife Robin, Jim Schwarz and myself represented the SJVW club and the T-shirts even had our name on the back.

Next year lets make this a big event. Lets bring our cars, hang banners on them and show the town that we really do exist. God, even the Washington High School Business Club got 165 people out. Come on guys, this charity is for one of our very own.

JT

njgt-1

• Charter Member---Past Club President
  • PLATINUM Member
    • South Jersey VW Club
Re: CLAYTONS HOPE
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 05:32:33 am »

Joe,

too bad more members couldn't make it. It was one of the nicest fall days I've seen in a while and the park is really beautiful this time of year.

I talked with Ed last night and it looks like they broke last years record and also set a record on how many people did the event. It was a good day and a good chance to help some kids who might not get help at all. Hope next year we can have a big club turnout. And you are right it would be great to see our members carrying a big sign with the club logo. !
\\\\\\\"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing\\\\\\\"

Ben Franklin
Pages: [1]   Go Up