SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LAST NIGHT MEETING (FEB.2,2009)  (Read 3616 times)

VWPANZER1

• Member SJVWC ------- Charter Member-------Past Presidant------- Club Co-Founder
  • Club Vice President
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
    • SJVWC Charter Member
LAST NIGHT MEETING (FEB.2,2009)
« on: February 03, 2009, 11:38:11 am »

For those who missed last nights meeting you missed an outstanding, important and informative one.

Bret and John are both sellers and distributors of all types of body shop and paint supplies gave the our tech presentation.

They discussed the newest adhesives, primers and paints. The new chemistry is fascinating.

Although at times it was difficult to keep them focused on the overall picture.

All members were given huge signs boards with a sample of the actual products, that being cement, adhesives or body sealer. I know this signboard it will occupy a promenade place in my garage.

Calendars and brochures were also given out.

The seminar ran past 10:00 PM and they didn?t cover half of it.

They promised to return with a tour of the truck in which SJVW members can buy at discount every type of epoxy, sandpaper, tools etc, etc. They will have more examples and continue with the seminar of the proper stripping, priming, sealing and painting of cars.

Our former Vice President and body shop owner Frank Perez is a customer and can vouch for the products they sell.

They will return for either the March or April Meeting.

More info to follow.

jt

njgt-1

• Charter Member---Past Club President
  • PLATINUM Member
    • South Jersey VW Club
Re: LAST NIGHT MEETING (FEB.2,2009)
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 05:00:24 pm »

Guys,

that was a great session, its good to get advice from the pros! I had several questions about the new panel adhesives and after last night I've got a better idea where and when to use the stuff. I also found Johns part of the seminar very helpful understanding the new catalyzed primers and finishes. Funny when they mentioned "nitrostain" and the old lacquer based primers, I just tossed an old tube of glazing putty that must have been all of 6 years old. Just goes to show how fast things change. Can't wait for part 2!   

@@@ @@@ @@@ @@@
\\\\\\\"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing\\\\\\\"

Ben Franklin
Pages: [1]   Go Up