SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cruise Communications  (Read 8019 times)

matt

• PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
Re: Cruise Communications
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2009, 08:59:52 pm »

yer right!   @7@

LoL                      LoL                  LoL

1955 3-fold semaphore Oval beetle
1971 Convertible beetle
1977 Westfalia, FI,  Berlin interior

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.?
― G. Michael Hopf

Baha (Shawn)

• Club Vice President
  • PLATINUM Member
  • SYNCRO HiTop----K2SMD
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2009, 10:03:13 pm »

It's nice to see the stigma of 70's CB radio hasn't worn off... Nobody "Good Buddies" anymore. Actually that phrase has a whole new meaning because of the CB craze wearing it out... Remember when gay meant happy? Same kinda thing.

However, that was the general idea. It's great for breakdowns but that last cruise was 60 miles with nobody to talk to. I don't know about you guys but if I'm driving alone I'm focused on my car and the road. When I'm in a caravan of 20 VW's I want a shoutbox. I want to hear Jack call Jay 50 times to tell him to slow the f!$@ down. I don't want to find out about the Thing with the for sale sign by the old barn 35 miles after we passed it. It adds another dimension to the trip.

Anyway I'll have one in my car and if anybody else wants to please do, and if you need help putting it in or obtaining one...call me.

I did have a neat idea for temporary mounting. The VW's unique a steel under dash area allow a magnetic mount. If you bolt 2 of these to the mounting bracket you can hang the radio under the dash without drilling holes

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=96651
The VWs you can sleep in are more gooder

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, The kind that can count and the kind that can't.

scarecrow

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2009, 10:44:46 pm »

Eloquently put. I'm in total agreement.  2CENTS. Just hook me up with one of your CB's & aerial.  I'm "Old School" & I think that the CB will be added compliment to my Righteous Rat... Englishtown here I come  BO** with the added security of contact with fellow memebers of the caravan on the trek  flamebug**

Beetleboi -Greg-

• Band for hire, let me know what you need!
  • PLATINUM Member
    • Greg's Facebook
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2009, 08:56:05 pm »

CB  Codes

Check this out YO!

Check this out YO Part 2

Shawn I totally agree with you, it would be great to hear the 36ers crying as they climb a hill, or hear about Danny's new Ferrari.  Why is it that it's illegal to talk on the phone and drive... but you are allowed to use a CB and drive.

ROUTE 66 MAY 2014

1972 Volkswagen WestFakia "Mildred"

You buy your own bus, and do what you want to your bus. I'll do what I want to so with mine. Pissing off purists one modification at at time.

"After a Hurricane Comes a Rainbow" - Katy Perry

Beetleboi -Greg-

• PLATINUM Member
    • Greg's Facebook
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2009, 09:42:31 pm »

I just won a 1970's Surveyor 2300

It only has 23 channels... but it'll look sweet under the dash.

They had one new for 150.00

I bought it for 15.50 =-)

I <3 Ebay

Check it out...

I don't see power cords behind it... so I'm praying that they are like curled up, or there are like screw terminals or something!

ROUTE 66 MAY 2014

You buy your own bus, and do what you want to your bus. I'll do what I want to so with mine. Pissing off purists one modification at at time.

Baha (Shawn)

• Club Vice President
  • PLATINUM Member
  • SYNCRO HiTop----K2SMD
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2009, 10:18:22 pm »

Beet...That's perfect for your theme! Very cool looking. Cant wait to see it. Did you find the antenna adapter?
The VWs you can sleep in are more gooder

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, The kind that can count and the kind that can't.

Beetleboi -Greg-

• PLATINUM Member
    • Greg's Facebook
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2009, 11:36:07 pm »

Shawn the one I found it's just so you can unscrew the old antennae and put the CB antennae in it's place. It's like that kinda adapter. Another thing I found is like a box with two 3 wipers one from the car ant. to the box and one to the radio and the cb...but from what I've read it isn't very good. So I'm going with the magnetic one. They seem to be all in the 20-25 dollar range *for the cheap ones*
ROUTE 66 MAY 2014

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up