SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Campbelltown - You missed it!  (Read 5861 times)

njgt-1

• Charter Member---Past Club President
  • PLATINUM Member
    • South Jersey VW Club
Campbelltown - You missed it!
« on: April 27, 2009, 05:47:32 am »

Hey all,

Joe T, Eddie & myself made the treck to Campbelltown this past Saturday.
We ran into Frank ( body shop ), Jay ( jester ) Ramone Ed & Dulci and Pete ( on the way out with a truck full of loot! ) The weather couldn't be better!  :icon_sunny:

Now I'm hoping Joe will post some photos later but I can tell you if you missed this one you missed the "Greatest VW yard sale of all times!" This place has the greatest flea market and the bargains were flying around all day. Joe made out great with several deals including a gas heater complete - $25.00 ! shocked I can't complain either,
I got two sets of cylinders, one with pistons both 88mm machine ins in the original box. The set with pistons turned out to be a rare set of vintage stroker EMPI P&Cs with aluminum fins. I've never seen anything like this and after some research turns out they were sold as the "EMPI super bore set" the Inch pincher II ran them - O did I mention I paid $25.00 for both??  !fright!   

The show was packed with both water cooled and vintage air cooled and had some of the best cars around! I'll leave the rest to Joe if he post some photos you guys can see what I'm talking about.

Just one word! Don't miss this one next year!

OK one more! Sorry Dave couldn't find a Sun Bug shift knob! But lots of other stuff..
\\\\\\\"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing\\\\\\\"

Ben Franklin

slowtwitch

• PLATINUM Member
  • SJVWC
Re: Campbelltown - You missed it!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 10:28:14 am »

What a great show !!! Weather was great and plenty of deals to go around. I didn't drive off with a truck load, but, I did get a set of NOS wiper blades for the oval for $5. I'm still kicking myself for not buying that split rear view mirror for $15. Any of you guys try the barbecue out front? Pretty good for $6.
pete

Daverted

• PLATINUM Member
  • 74Sunbug,2020 Tiguan
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 11:41:21 am »

Thanks for looking :icon_sunny:

njgt-1

• Charter Member---Past Club President
  • PLATINUM Member
    • South Jersey VW Club
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 11:48:39 am »

Any of you guys try the barbecue out front?

we didn't get that far but Eddie had a Fire company Hamburger and some fries and they were great. Joe also was kind enough to provide us with some snacks on the way up. We should change that club slogan to:

"When you travel with SJVWC you never travel HUNGRY"  
196 plndonut (-) c-e donut T3=
\\\\\\\"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing\\\\\\\"

Ben Franklin

Beetleboi -Greg-

• Band for hire, let me know what you need!
  • PLATINUM Member
    • Greg's Facebook
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 06:32:26 pm »

ROUTE 66 MAY 2014

1972 Volkswagen WestFakia "Mildred"

You buy your own bus, and do what you want to your bus. I'll do what I want to so with mine. Pissing off purists one modification at at time.

"After a Hurricane Comes a Rainbow" - Katy Perry

Soul Rebel 67(Ramon)

• '67 Soul Rebel
  • PLATINUM Member
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 06:49:17 pm »

drive&& I had a great time az well. We had 8 VWs in all rollin thru the back roads. We got to the show around 9am and i was  !fright! of how many vendors were in the swap. I didn't buy anything  :icon_pale:  d-s  I was only there to hang out  :icon_thumright:
      logolrg        was all thru the crowd. Hopefully u guys can attend Dripfest.
Knowledge is Power; Education is the Key!
  1964 Rasta Buggy
  1967 Ragtop Bug

Why drink and drive, when u can smoke and Fly!
SJVWC Virgin Islands Chapter!

Fire Lady (Michelle)

• SJVWC Charter Member
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
    • Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 04:33:30 pm »

we didn't get that far but Eddie had a Fire company Hamburger and some fries and they were great. Joe also was kind enough to provide us with some snacks on the way up. We should change that club slogan to:

"When you travel with SJVWC you never travel HUNGRY"  
196 plndonut (-) c-e donut T3=

Jeez, Jack practically starved us on the way out to Granny Grose's campout!!     :surrender: .....He was too busy burnrubber
most people have to go to work in the morning
Pages: [1]   Go Up