SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Granny Grose's Campground  (Read 19323 times)

Beetleboi -Greg-

• Band for hire, let me know what you need!
  • PLATINUM Member
    • Greg's Facebook
Granny Grose's Campground
« on: May 17, 2009, 04:06:59 pm »

Great time was had by all who attended, not even the rain could ruin our time. Matt and Katie you missed out.  777 The drive up there was the best, I'm not going to hog all the info. I have a video to work on.  BO**
ROUTE 66 MAY 2014

1972 Volkswagen WestFakia "Mildred"

You buy your own bus, and do what you want to your bus. I'll do what I want to so with mine. Pissing off purists one modification at at time.

"After a Hurricane Comes a Rainbow" - Katy Perry

Beetleboi -Greg-

• PLATINUM Member
    • Greg's Facebook
Re: Granny Grose's Campground
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 04:22:18 pm »

Where we ate lunch... we still think they over charged use b/c we were from Jersey.  @7@

Our camping area

Nice Pitch Michelle!!

Nice Catch Yucell!!!

Time for 3rd Gear.  drive&&

Downhill is fun!!

ROUTE 66 MAY 2014

You buy your own bus, and do what you want to your bus. I'll do what I want to so with mine. Pissing off purists one modification at at time.

matt

• PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 07:58:38 pm »

Oh Man,

I've been wondering how you guys made out!!
  I was lamenting for most of the time for not coming, Katie was grumpy about it m-d2, and I wasn't too happy - seeing that there was good weather when there should have been rain - dont take it the wrong way, glad the rain held out for you all for much of the time, - but I did not go cause of all the rain that was forecasted  %6%
Thinking of you all, I was watching the doppler & called Jack to let him know some NASTY  :icon_twisted:  :icon_twisted: stuff was soon going to slam you guys ( said 40 mph winds,lightning hail, etc) just to give you warning. No answer but left message to make sure you were all buttoned down and Greg had his swimmies on  :icon_tongue: .  Maybe no answer cause you guys were already swimming

Glad you survived it, though I bet things were very wet.

Glad you all made it back in one piece - sorry I did not go, but we would have all crowded Jack out of his bus!
Cant wait for more pics & stories!

Matt

1955 3-fold semaphore Oval beetle
1971 Convertible beetle
1977 Westfalia, FI,  Berlin interior

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.?
― G. Michael Hopf

matt

• PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 08:01:42 pm »

Where we ate lunch... we still think they over charged use b/c we were from Jersey.  @7@

It's jsut  Pa-ers see Jersy-ians in a............... "certain light"  Well, not all Pa-ers     :rolleyes:

1971 Convertible beetle

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.?
― G. Michael Hopf

Baha (Shawn)

• Club Vice President
  • PLATINUM Member
  • SYNCRO HiTop----K2SMD
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 09:29:42 pm »

So Matt.... What was the surprise? We've waited long enough
The VWs you can sleep in are more gooder

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, The kind that can count and the kind that can't.

Beetleboi -Greg-

• PLATINUM Member
    • Greg's Facebook
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 09:36:22 pm »

Didn't show up...  ;D Guess we'll have to wait till Flanders.
ROUTE 66 MAY 2014

Fire Lady (Michelle)

• SJVWC Charter Member
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
    • Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 09:53:34 pm »

Nice new avatar Greg!  Though I think you should get a  busicon2 instead of upgradng the  bronz))

We had great time at Granny Grose's Campout!   BO**  The weather was great (most of the time... and when it wasn't I just sat in the bus and drank Jim's sangria... I told you it wasn't safe to leave it with me Jim!) :cheers:, the bands were awesome (especially Boro Boogie Pickers!), good food (Jack's chili, our soup and the HUGE breakfast buffet provided by all the campers), cruisin around PA with other Vdubs  drive&& (especially the "scenic route"), Yucel dancing (again) dancbanana,  good friends and most of all... there were 74 buses & 5 bugs there!   shocked.

Thanks guys for making this so much fun!   (love

« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 10:02:36 pm by mboyer »
most people have to go to work in the morning

lovebus (jack)

• Club Co-Founder, Member SJVWCC
  • Web Site Administrator
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Happy Trails Vanagon, AB2W
    • SJVWC Charter Member
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2009, 09:58:35 pm »

Oh Man,

I was lamenting for most of the time for not coming, Katie was grumpy about it m-d2, and I wasn't too happy - seeing that there was good weather when there should have been rain

Matt

Sorry Matt, the only thing that was wet was your forcast.
Oh Man,

I was lamenting for most of the time for not coming, Katie was grumpy about it m-d2, and I wasn't too happy - seeing that there was good weather when there should have been rain

Matt

Sorry Matt, the only thing that was wet was your forcast.

The weather was good the Company was Great as always.

I think Justin said there was 71 buses and 5 bugs. We also met a lot of very nice folks.

Sharon, made Bloody Marys for breakfast and OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! I think she put a gal. of tabasco in the dam things. Everytime Celly had a beer he had to put some in my cup.  :icon_cheesygrin:

The WORST was Yucels Pertronix Ignition burned up and welded itself to the the shaft and made junk of his dist. Lucky we had another one with us. It also changed his timing and he almost burnt up his engine it was running so hot. This was just a minor thing and we were hitting 70mph on the way home. So don't ask Celly what he thinks of Pertronix.

We decided  to take the scenic route home and OH MY GOD, we made no progress at all so we finally went back to the highways. Our little trip to the back roads turned the trip home into a 7 hour ride but it was still a grreat time and we saw towns that no one else knows about. Thats counting to stops to eat. There are a LOT of little towns in dem der hills.

An old lady almost ran Machelle off the road. LAUGH@

Will have some videos and photos tomorrow.
I don't have to go to work in the morning....

RT 66 June 1, 2015

"Why restore it to its former short comings
When you can modify it too its full potential."

Beetleboi -Greg-

• PLATINUM Member
    • Greg's Facebook
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2009, 10:12:39 pm »

Part Uno
ROUTE 66 MAY 2014

Bugaru "JAY"

• Car Show/Events Chairperson
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Subaru Powered 300+ HP
    • Events Chairperson
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2009, 11:03:12 pm »

Good job Beet  :icon_thumleft: . and great to have you guys all home safe..  BO** But 7 hours to get home  @7@ , where the heck did you go camping at Ohio? And just how many people drive around carring an extra Distributor with them, glade it fixed the problem and you guys got back on the road quickly. Jack stopped by my house on his way home and he really had that wood-zey tired look from the long drive&& and maybe too many of Sharrons Bloddy Marys, Sorry she had told me she was going to make them, and I forgot to warn you about them  :surrender: .

TURBO'ed 1956 Oval Window aka LOUIE. It Sucks Blows and Goes Fast-tttttt

My Dubs are built with the Best and Cheapest Quality rejected Parts.
Ok. So I'm missing and have a few loose screws, but those are only in my head

Politically Incorect and Damn Proud of it!

scarecrow

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 08:25:11 am »

I'm missing out on this camping stuff :icon_cry:. But I'm making plans for next year plus it will give me a winter project  TTTT   Great video & music as usuaul.

bugs2much

• PLATINUM Member
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2009, 10:03:09 am »

The WORST was Yucels Pertronix Ignition burned up and welded itself to the the shaft and made junk of his dist. Lucky we had another one with us. It also changed his timing and he almost burnt up his engine it was running so hot. This was just a minor thing and we were hitting 70mph on the way home. So don't ask Celly what he thinks of Pertronix.

WOW, that was a good advertisement for Pertronix. !fright! I will be scratching Pertronix  :icon_puke_l: :icon_puke_l: :icon_puke_l: from my shopping list.
I don't know how fast my car will go.
It's more important that I know how fast my car will stop.

Beetleboi -Greg-

• PLATINUM Member
    • Greg's Facebook
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 10:10:38 am »

Part Deux

ROUTE 66 MAY 2014

Fire Lady (Michelle)

• SJVWC Charter Member
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
    • Charter Member
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2009, 04:20:17 pm »

Scarecrow - we're planning to do a local camp-out (maybe Atsion..?..) that you could join us then just drive home to sleep . I know Atsion's not far from your house!   :icon_wink:   The best part of camping is sitting around the campfire... some of you locals could hang for that then just drive home to sleep. (hint hint  sqBk)

Bugaroo - Thanks for the warning on the Bloody Mary's... we all tried a sip and we're like !fright!

Jack - I looked at a map and your route 522 North to 61 South was actually very "west" so it was good. No worries!   :icon_thumleft:
most people have to go to work in the morning

matt

• PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2009, 08:28:17 pm »

Oh dont tell me it wasnt raining, :icon_eek: I think you guys got hammered!
In fact if you look close at the video Yucels petronix fried due to an early lightning strike..
Hey, it's good to have an xtra distrib, in my convert I carry one, for my 55 just points/condensor
Whoa! 7 hours on the ride back!  Was it the traffic or what? Were they my directions? Was Yecle pushing his bus home?  Oh yea, I bet you saw quite a few of the out of the way old towns....
Really sorry I did not make it,  - next time
Any pics of the events?

Greg, great music choices!  & It's almost as if you mounted the camera to your dash..(?)

Matt
1971 Convertible beetle

― G. Michael Hopf
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up