SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pertronix  (Read 2796 times)

3Gear

• PLATINUM Member
Pertronix
« on: May 18, 2009, 08:59:31 am »

:icon_thumright: Pertronix  :icon_thumleft:  :icon_cheers:  BO**

Holy Smokes Batman, what a difference 1 part makes!!!  (love

I got my pertronix dizzy installed on saturday, after going nuts troubleshooting, My new coil was dead out of the box, so I am still running the blue coil.  BUt man oh man what a positive impact on my car. My idle problem are gone, spitting and  sputter are gone, I feel like I gained some extra pull.  Wow is all I can say.  I am a very happy VW owner today!  :icon_cheesygrin: P#3  Sorry I missed the camping trip, but I was not running untill the afternoon... 

Anyway, if anyone is considering installing a pertronix I sat go for it, I am completely satisifed with mine!  (love (love

Sorry yucel, i just read the camping post...  Sorry to hear yours melted...  I'll keep an extra dizzy in my bonnet...

Cheers,
Marc  stoned#
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 09:09:18 am by luvgroovesalad »
1985 Westfalia Millie

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

njgt-1

• Charter Member---Past Club President
  • PLATINUM Member
    • South Jersey VW Club
Re: Pertronix
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 11:26:05 am »

Ya think thats great wait until you add another 30,000 volts or so with the flame thrower coil. The cars starts if you just think about it and you can "spot weld"  weldface with your center coil wire!

As long as you don't hook anything up backwards or leave the key on ( with the ignitor I ) you should be good to go. Also it helps to match the coil to the unit you are using. Ignitor I - 3 Ohm coil, Ignitor II - Either 3 Ohm or 6 Ohm.
\\\\\\\"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing\\\\\\\"

Ben Franklin

3Gear

• PLATINUM Member
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 11:51:03 am »

i believe that the ignitor 2 is the .06 ohm only...  unless i read it wrong...  :icon_study:
1985 Westfalia Millie

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

vwtrike (Rich)

• PLATINUM Member
  • SJVWC
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 07:16:03 pm »

I burned my first Pertronix up by using the wrong coil. I think it was a 6 Ohm. I think the VW calls for a 3 Ohm. Anyway I put the right one in and it works GREAT.
Pages: [1]   Go Up