SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dripfest 09  (Read 6251 times)

lovebus (jack)

• Club Co-Founder, Member SJVWCC
  • Web Site Administrator
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Happy Trails Vanagon, AB2W
    • SJVWC Charter Member
Dripfest 09
« on: June 06, 2009, 08:41:54 pm »

Yes we made the show without a hitch. We met up with Ramone and his friends Just off 476 and we all cruised in together.

It was great to see Matt show up with his project car and it is one of the coolest ones I have ever seen, its the only one I've ever seen and it was a big hit at the show. You guys will see it when he comes to the picnic P#3 $61$ P#3

We had a nice day even though it was a small show. The only thing I didn't like was trying to keep up with Jay  drive&& But the ole POS held it's own.

Jay took  a lot of photos and will show them soon I guess.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 08:50:24 pm by LoveBus (jack) »
I don't have to go to work in the morning....

RT 66 June 1, 2015

"Why restore it to its former short comings
When you can modify it too its full potential."

scarecrow

Re: Dripfest 09
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 10:52:00 pm »

I can't begin to tell you all how great this run was  :icon_cheers: White knuckled on the "Sure Kill"  :icon_pale:  :icon_puke_l: !fright! 888 Oh yeah big time. But my Righteous Rat just keep telling me no worries I got you covered. Very big confidence builder for me. Plus Jack & Jay keep me in the Cradle. Jack in the lead & Jay behind me. Thanks guys  :icon_thumleft: As for the show it was great BO** Every kind of V-Dub that you can imagine & no Detroit Iron to be seen, along with a pleasant setting & super fine people. I'll be the first one to tell you that I have phobias & issues when it come to driving but if you trust your ride you owe it to yourself to take a chance & go for it. You will be glad that you did  sjvwcrocks hiphop

matt

• PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 05:35:34 pm »

I thought it was a nice show, and bet it will get bigger as time goes on and word gets out. I got lost just down the street, in another parking lot.  888 Nobody was there :icon_eek:,  - (somehow they new I was coming!). Fortunatley another bug passed me and I followed him & got to the show. Good to see Jack and the rest, especially scarecrow as he does not get out to shows much! Great to see ya John, & hope you'll be coming to other shows - you'll have a good time!
  Weather was good, nice resturaunt with good food ( so I've heard)...

M
1955 3-fold semaphore Oval beetle
1971 Convertible beetle
1977 Westfalia, FI,  Berlin interior

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.?
― G. Michael Hopf

bugs2much

• PLATINUM Member
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 06:12:42 pm »

It's great to hear that y'all had a fine time. :icon_cheers: Got any pictures?
I don't know how fast my car will go.
It's more important that I know how fast my car will stop.

scarecrow

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 06:35:58 am »

It's great to hear that y'all had a fine time.
Was weird driving home by myself  888 Hope you heal up soon & that Greg gets settled in so we can cruise together again drive&&
Pages: [1]   Go Up