SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Homeless man... with a 72 Volkswagen? WHAT?  (Read 2533 times)

Beetleboi -Greg-

• Band for hire, let me know what you need!
  • PLATINUM Member
    • Greg's Facebook
Homeless man... with a 72 Volkswagen? WHAT?
« on: July 17, 2009, 03:25:54 pm »

So I went to the bank to get the last of my money out of my account, and as I park a homeless man comes up.  S@Sm Now walking around center city I've met some shady homeless people and some that are actually very knowledgeable and nice. Anyway... so this man puts his hands in the window and I'm like hi whats up? *He's drunk* I have a 1972 Volkswagen, I'm like oh really and he said that he does donuts in his backyard and I'm like well that's cool. His friend is trying to get him away, because I'm not a fan of talking to drunk people unless I myself am drunk. So we get to talking about the car and his car and he keeps falling into me *because he was drinking* luckily some other homeless person asked us for a quarter and they stopped to talk to her and I went to the bank. I should have given him a flyer to the club... maybe he wasn't homeless and just ratty but it's weird that he knew the exact year of my car.   P#3
ROUTE 66 MAY 2014

1972 Volkswagen WestFakia "Mildred"

You buy your own bus, and do what you want to your bus. I'll do what I want to so with mine. Pissing off purists one modification at at time.

"After a Hurricane Comes a Rainbow" - Katy Perry

njgt-1

• Charter Member---Past Club President
  • PLATINUM Member
    • South Jersey VW Club
Re: Homeless man... with a 72 Volkswagen? WHAT?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 05:06:55 pm »

Worked in Center City for 12 years and if weird exist thats where you will find it.
Back in the day we had the "duck lady", "sansome street screamer" and a host of others. Sad these folks wind up on steam vents and living out doors but thats what happened when they closed down places like Bibary mental hospital and others. Some of them are just alcoholics or druggies and some just don't have anyplace to go. Sad statement of how some folks are treated.  2CENTS
\\\\\\\"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing\\\\\\\"

Ben Franklin

steveo

• SJVWC Charter Member --Past Club President Lifetime member
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
    • Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 07:35:11 pm »

Worked in Center City for 12 years and if weird exist thats where you will find it.
Back in the day we had the "duck lady", "sansome street screamer" and a host of others. Sad these folks wind up on steam vents and living out doors but thats what happened when they closed down places like Bibary
( that's Byberry ) mental hospital and others. Some of them are just alcoholics or druggies and some just don't have anyplace to go. Sad statement of how some folks are treated.  2CENTS

steveo
June L227 '55 bug..RIP
'04.5 PG GLI..
Not afraid to drive my 36 horser..If I had one.
The samba is your friend

bugs2much

• PLATINUM Member
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 07:44:06 pm »

Was that a VW bus or a Japanese knock off(Hiace). If it's a Hiace track him down I'd like to see the bus. On second thought,  naaaaaaaaaaaaah. Did you check your pockets after he kept falling into you.  @7@ !fright!  Lots of creeps in that town.
I don't know how fast my car will go.
It's more important that I know how fast my car will stop.

njgt-1

• Charter Member---Past Club President
  • PLATINUM Member
    • South Jersey VW Club
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 09:09:44 pm »

( that's Byberry  )

thanks!
\\\\\\\"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing\\\\\\\"

Ben Franklin
Pages: [1]   Go Up