SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Troop 54 @nd Annual Car show  (Read 5711 times)

njgt-1

• Charter Member---Past Club President
  • PLATINUM Member
    • South Jersey VW Club
Troop 54 @nd Annual Car show
« on: September 13, 2009, 09:09:33 pm »

Guys,

Glad that Dubs on the boards was a great success!
Some of us who couldn't make it showed up at Ricks Boy scout show and had a blast anyway.

The stars must have been in alignment or something because this club hit 100% this weekend. Many congrats to SJVWC for getting the club trophy  at DOB but the balance of us club members also scored big and we were awarded the "Club Participation Award" at the scouts show. I'll bring that trophy to the meeting tomorrow night. Its rare that the whole club scores big but glad we could even if it was in two different events!

Anyway heres some shots from the show..

Jim and Mark..

Mike and the soon to be chopped Super..

Dannys rear ( the car that is! )..

My Super rubbing tyers with a couple of fast dubs...

For you camper guys who go for the "Rat Look" my old buddy Dutch has you beat!...

There was also a great 76 VW that had only 30,000 original miles. I got so excited talking with the owner of this clean dub that I forgot to take a photo but if anybody did please post it. This car looked like it rolled out of the showroom yesterday and the owner is very interested in joining the club!

Heres a link to my photo bucket album with about 15 or so more photos of the show, check out the "Green Hornet Car" its not to be believed!
Enjoy...

http://s673.photobucket.com/albums/vv100/njgt-1/troop54carshow/
\\\\\\\"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing\\\\\\\"

Ben Franklin

rockdog2877

Re: Troop 54 @nd Annual Car show
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 01:33:30 pm »

did he have the non sliding door option?  gifsawsall weldface

njgt-1

• PLATINUM Member
    • South Jersey VW Club
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 02:21:13 pm »

did he have the non sliding door option?

Chris,

Dutch replaced those "pesky sliders" with a set of real door hinges years ago! He might be onto something when it comes to bus mods. You should see his other car, a 1923 Model T believe it or not its all original and runs like a charm! If you check out the photo bucket pics the Harley trike is also his and he towed it to the show behind the camper..
\\\\\\\"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing\\\\\\\"

Ben Franklin

matt

• PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 11:02:29 am »

Very nice Bob! - so this is the person who has the model T being all original - heard you talk about him...would have been neat to see if he brought that!  How many cars were at the show - that was for a good cause  :icon_thumright:

Matt
1955 3-fold semaphore Oval beetle
1971 Convertible beetle
1977 Westfalia, FI,  Berlin interior

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.?
― G. Michael Hopf

njgt-1

• PLATINUM Member
    • South Jersey VW Club
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 11:08:18 am »

How many cars were at the show - that was for a good cause 

Matt,

I'm guessing around 45 to 50. It was rained out saturday and there were a ton of other events on sunday. Last year it rained and they were forced to hold it anyway so there were around 12 or 13 cars but   I think 6 or 7 were from this club.

I'll check around I might have a photo of Dutches T in my other computer. The best part is at the end of the show when he cranks it over to start it! Remember early VWs had a place for the crank on the lower pulley too!

Ben Franklin

njgt-1

• PLATINUM Member
    • South Jersey VW Club
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 10:41:40 pm »

so this is the person who has the model T being all original - heard you talk about him...would have been neat to see if he brought that!

Matt,

this is the car, a real survivor!
Never been restored and all original down to the paint and "old lady" lace doilies on the seats.

Ben Franklin
Pages: [1]   Go Up