SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: What a GREAT Christmas Party  (Read 15875 times)

lovebus (jack)

• Club Co-Founder, Member SJVWCC
  • Web Site Administrator
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Happy Trails Vanagon, AB2W
    • SJVWC Charter Member
What a GREAT Christmas Party
« on: December 05, 2009, 06:47:42 pm »

Thanks to the BOD's for another great Christmas Party, outstanding job guys!!! :icon_cheers:

I know we had over 60 in attendance this year and about 10 or more then last year. Bob should be able to give a final count.

The food was also great again and thanks Greg for playing before dinner, great job Greg. Joe, your song was funny and a real treat.

Great job to everyone.
I don't have to go to work in the morning....

RT 66 June 1, 2015

"Why restore it to its former short comings
When you can modify it too its full potential."

ThingThang

Re: What a GREAT Christmas Party
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 07:04:48 pm »

It was good to talk to everyone... What a great time. And Greg really worked for his supper. Nice job

slowtwitch

• PLATINUM Member
  • SJVWC
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 07:56:00 pm »

What a great party!!!!!! Thanks to all that made it so!!!!! Greg, you sounded great!!!!

pete

pete

carfolite73Super

• PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 07:59:43 pm »

Had a great time! I will need better table reservations for next year - just kidding Dan.
Bob and Joe - FANTSTIC job! The food - great. The service - even better.
I was even entertained by the live music - good job Greg.
Can't wait for next year.

We are going to have a limit on early prizes per family,,,,right?
Build it the way YOU want it!
 1965 Mustang convertible
 1954 Chevrolet 3100 pickup (3rd owner)
Not currently a VW owner....

6T5 square

• PLATINUM Member
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 10:33:46 pm »

All thanks go to Bob and Joe. They worked their arses off for this one.
John
60 Beetle- Ned
65 1500S Squareback-Weezer gone but not forgotten
2014 Jetta
Dont know everything but I'll try and learn
Friends don't let friends drive 6 volts
Obnoxious objector??

Beetleboi -Greg-

• Band for hire, let me know what you need!
  • PLATINUM Member
    • Greg's Facebook
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 05:38:26 am »

Had a rough start with faulty equipment. Luckily I was able to plug my iPod into the podium! A nice mix of the old technology and the new. My CD player found a new home in the trash. I'm glad you all enjoyed my playing, and the party was top knotch. I know we say it every year but it will be tough to top this one next year!! Bob and Joe are the best hosts ever!! I didn't break out the puzzle books because I haven't slept since 2:00pm on Friday!!

Boy... driving home in that mess in the bug was scary and fun at the same time... nothing like frozen over wet brake drums, fogged up windshield and an engine suffering more from the cold than yourself.
On the other hand, I didn't break traction once, my Corolla is horrible in the snow/ice.

May take a little longer, but your Volkswagen will always take you where you need to go.
ROUTE 66 MAY 2014

1972 Volkswagen WestFakia "Mildred"

You buy your own bus, and do what you want to your bus. I'll do what I want to so with mine. Pissing off purists one modification at at time.

"After a Hurricane Comes a Rainbow" - Katy Perry

scarecrow

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 06:23:34 am »

I don't even like Xmas but  (love the club xmas party. Everything was perfect. Had a wonderful time. Thanks to all that make happen :icon_thumleft:

lovebus (jack)

• Club Co-Founder, Member SJVWCC
  • Web Site Administrator
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Happy Trails Vanagon, AB2W
    • SJVWC Charter Member
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2009, 08:38:37 am »

Yes they did!!     s#r What ya think, Bob & Joe should stay our permanent Hosts of all our events?

I don't have to go to work in the morning....

RT 66 June 1, 2015

"Why restore it to its former short comings
When you can modify it too its full potential."

perdecas

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2009, 09:54:20 am »

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo................ lol lo lol just kidding they did a great job!

njgt-1

• Charter Member---Past Club President
  • PLATINUM Member
    • South Jersey VW Club
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2009, 01:22:07 pm »

Jack and guys,

the final count was around 58 people and 2 kids. This was the biggest party SJVWC has ever hosted and I think the best!

Bob & Joe should stay our permanent Hosts of all our events?

Bob and Joe - FANTSTIC job!

Guys thanks for the kind words but it was a team effort !  bronz_cup-winner silver_cup_winner goldwinner

Many thanks to Prez Joe, he busted butt and found the time to shop for all the great gifts, his VW bus song ( ala Willie Nelson ) was great and should make a GREAT sing along at future events ( should I say camping trips ) also many thanks to Mrs Prez & Gina, Joes wife and daughter for taking the time to produce those great grab bags and presents for the dubious awards!  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

I have to mention Marc 3 gear and girlfriend ( sorry I forget your name!  ./// ) for coming in early and helping out. They are the reason the tables and prize area looked so good !  Everytime something had to be done Marc was right there with "I gotcha covered! " ( Besides he does a really great "Tim Allen" - might just be next years entertainment! )  :icon_thumright: :icon_geek: :icon_thumleft:

Ups to John for watching the door and manning the guest list plus the grab bags. This wasn't a small thing since we needed to keep a head count for both the club and Taylors and lots of thanks for doing such a great job!  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Same goes to Jack for his help, I know everybody is waiting for the video and stills he took so this party won't be forgotten for a long time.  :icon_thumright: movi- :icon_thumleft:

And Greg! Damn I never heard Christmas music played on a trombone but you pulled it off and it was great! A nice touch which I think everybody really enjoyed plus it set a nice mood when folks started to arrive!

As always you can't forget our members since having everybody there is the reason these events are a huge success! It was great to see everybody and even some new folks. Supporting these kind of events is what this club is all about and again we've got the best group around!  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:

:icon_thumright: logomed :icon_thumleft:
\\\\\\\"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing\\\\\\\"

Ben Franklin

bugs2much

• PLATINUM Member
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2009, 01:34:27 pm »

Yes they did!!     s#r What ya think, Bob & Joe should stay our permanent Hosts of all our events?

I'll second that :icon_cheers:

Yes sir, it was a great party. And as always with the club events, when ya think it  can't get any better,  it always does.  Well done every one.
Hey Frank, can you hold my raffle tickets for a little while next year? LoL
I don't know how fast my car will go.
It's more important that I know how fast my car will stop.

matt

• PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2009, 01:47:52 pm »

What ya think, Bob & Joe should stay our permanent Hosts of all our events?

Well, I will defientley 3rd that one!  This keeps getting better and better! Awesome job by everyone who put it together, and the food was fantastic, as was the service. Great food, great music, and great friends!!!!!!!!!!

Now how can it get better than that??????

We all were talking about it all the way home!

THANKS TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt

1955 3-fold semaphore Oval beetle
1971 Convertible beetle
1977 Westfalia, FI,  Berlin interior

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.?
― G. Michael Hopf

rich67vw

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2009, 06:23:38 pm »

Thanks everybody for a great party P#3

Why does that voice inside my head keep singing " Soooooooo Slooooowwww" ? s#r

new2air

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2009, 06:38:17 pm »

Hello Everyone,    My wife and I had a great time at the party.  It was great to meet more members and their wives. I can't wait for spring to arrive, so I can meet even more members and see all of the different cars.  The new guy Will Santana.

3Gear

• PLATINUM Member
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2009, 07:09:35 pm »

What a great time!!!  :icon_cheers: Ghug Karen and I had a blast, Joe and Bob put together a great party!!   :icon_thumright: Cool tunes Greg!  :icon_thumleft:   I woule love to see as many people make our first Punch Buggy this summer! hint hint get it ony your calendars now...
1985 Westfalia Millie

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up