SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Bugs and Busses by Barnegat Bay 7  (Read 11109 times)

skibumtgm

Bugs and Busses by Barnegat Bay 7
« on: July 25, 2010, 11:19:08 am »

scarecrow

Re: Bugs and Busses by Barnegat Bay 7
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 05:07:45 pm »

scarecrow

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 05:11:46 pm »

Was a very excellent cruise, great company & peaceful laid bad atmosphere. Big thanks to Yucel & Michele for bringing the awning. Made all the difference in the world being in the shade

6T5 square

• PLATINUM Member
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 06:03:09 pm »

any pictures of the show?
John
60 Beetle- Ned
65 1500S Squareback-Weezer gone but not forgotten
2014 Jetta
Dont know everything but I'll try and learn
Friends don't let friends drive 6 volts
Obnoxious objector??

Jack Kessel

• SJVWC Charter Member - Club Co-Founder
  • PLATINUM Member
  • stoned#
    • South Jersey VW Club
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 06:39:29 pm »

I had a great time and the cruise & breakfast was excellent. We had a good breeze off the Bay and being under the tents made for a good day. On the way home Glenn called me to say he was hitting rain and a few min. after that I got a few drops on my window, I went faster as I watched the BIG DARK cloud trying to catch up with me, I went even faster. Just as I walked it the house Shawn called and wanted to know if I was home and 5 min after that all hell let loose, sure glad I went faster and faster or I would have been in a bathtub and the hale would have beat me on the head (-; WOW, was I lucky again. I really got to get a top for the Strap. Great cruise guys!!!! MORE PHOTOS

I don't have to go to work in the morning!!  

Is Lennons  tomb a communist plot?
I don't know Jack, ask Shawn

rich67vw

Bugs and Busses by Barnegat Bay 7
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 07:46:22 pm »

Glad to have at least breakfast today with SJVWC.

And, for the record, w--- sucked...

skibumtgm

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 07:59:11 pm »

Glad to have at least breakfast today with SJVWC.

And, for the record, w--- sucked...
it always does Buddy

i had a great time chillin at the show then went to the beach with chester and the crew for some boogie boarding. Against my warning of waiting 45 min after eating Celly went in and cramped up so we got out of there just before the storm pummeled us on the way out.

cant wait for the next cruise see you all there.

matt

• PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 08:09:02 pm »

Looks great, and looks like you all had nice weather...but then again, if it rained, it would never be told....

M

1955 3-fold semaphore Oval beetle
1971 Convertible beetle
1977 Westfalia, FI,  Berlin interior

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.?
― G. Michael Hopf

Evil-Tunes (Glen)

• PLATINUM Member
    • Barnsboro 5pt Family Barbershop
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2010, 08:18:47 pm »

Great cruise Jen and I had a Blast. Man It was hot  even under the shade.   When I blew past the 206-70 circle I saw that a few stopped for Brunch.  I was going to turn around but needed to get home to let the dog out.   I was getting gas just before Rt 295 when the gas attendent told me there were some tornadoes on there way  ........all of a sudden  the Sky opened up.  All I could think was man Jack is going to get it good.    Glad  you made it home before the rain Jack.

Cheers
 Glen

LifeTime Member

Celly

• Charter Member
  • PLATINUM Member
  • SJVWC
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2010, 08:33:49 pm »

Michelle and I had a great time at the show and cruise.  It was a pleasant cruise and the bus was pretty solid.  This is one of our favorite shows of the year and again this year did not disappoint.  We enjoyed spending time with all our sjvwc friends talking cars and just enjoying time together.  After the show Michelle, Tyler, and myself got some lunch and hit the beach to catch some radical waves boogie boarding.   We had plenty of time to thrash the waves and enter the green room several times before the rains cometh. (or cramps cometh)  But, even when the heavens poured lakes on our faces, the buses performed seamlessly.  We even went to WHite Castle on the way home!  

On a side note...  The cb's are a great way to communicate with other members during cruises and I highly reccomend getting one.  It was great fun talking trash with Tyler during the long wet cruise home.   A big thanks to Glenn for helping us tweak our cb system, it worked better on the way home.  Thanks Glen!!
There are two things in ordinary conversation which ordinary people dislike - information and wit.

It\'s not a car, it\'s not a van, its a BUS!

Jack Kessel

• PLATINUM Member
  • stoned#
    • South Jersey VW Club
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2010, 08:38:02 pm »

When I blew past the 206-70 circle I saw that a few stopped for Brunch.  I was going to turn around but needed to get home

Cheers
 Glen

We only stopped for a short rest and saw the storm still heading at us so we split, good thing we did.

Evil-Tunes (Glen)

• PLATINUM Member
    • Barnsboro 5pt Family Barbershop
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2010, 10:30:32 pm »

On a side note...  The cb's are a great way to communicate with other members during cruises and I highly reccomend getting one.  It was great fun talking trash with Tyler during the long wet cruise home.   A big thanks to Glenn for helping us tweak our cb system, it worked better on the way home.  Thanks Glen!!

I didn't do nothin. HA HA ask Tyler?   Glad it's workin better. I haven't used a CB scince my 4x4 days.  Loved it today and hope to use it More.

Cheers
 glen
LifeTime Member

Bob(Herbie)

• Bob(Herbie)
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Herby
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2010, 11:51:41 pm »

We just got power back at 11:37 PM. I just pulled into my garage, 4:00 when a tornado (unconfirmed) hit. Many Trees and power lines came down. Millville will be on the news. Neighbors on both sides lost trees to power lines. Sure glad we didn't rest too long at the circle. Thanks to everyone today was a very nice cruise. Thanks to all members for the shade good time. Nice talking and swapping stories. I am looking forward to the next!
Cheers,
Bob "Herbie"
46 years later and I am back to a '63 Rag named Herby
 '56 Oval Nigel  '53 Zwitter Project Stanley 
 Dalton said "Opinions Vary"

Jack Kessel

• PLATINUM Member
  • stoned#
    • South Jersey VW Club
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2010, 06:30:06 am »

On another note, Bob's Herbie won a trophy, congrats Bob.

skibumtgm

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 08:25:42 am »

I didn't do nothin. HA HA ask Tyler?   Glad it's workin better. I haven't used a CB scince my 4x4 days.  Loved it today and hope to use it More.

Cheers
 glen

we just turned a cople knobs and it started working fine.  and like Celly said they were allot of fun on the ride home but nothing beats a PA in traffic to play weird sound effects.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up