SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bugs and Busses by Barnegat Bay 7  (Read 11111 times)

Bob(Herbie)

• Bob(Herbie)
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Herby
Re: Bugs and Busses by Barnegat Bay 7
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2010, 08:35:08 am »

Thanks for the kudos Jack. It was great to know that Herbie's awesome 1.2 40 horser could cruise with the traffic, as this was by far the longest venture out. Herbie was a little nervous on the causeway bridge, but he made it just fine. Herbie was flattered by all the attention from the kids and their families. we were greatfull to make it home just it time. Jack said we would be ok because the sky was only pink in the morning. Good call. I am glad we didn't stop for gas!
Cheers,
Bob "Herbie"
46 years later and I am back to a '63 Rag named Herby
 '56 Oval Nigel  '53 Zwitter Project Stanley 
 Dalton said "Opinions Vary"

Fire Lady (Michelle)

• SJVWC Charter Member
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
    • Charter Member
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2010, 08:49:50 am »

Chris-

Did one of your boys lose a Phillies baseball hat? Says "Spring Training" on the back..?.. We found it in our bus.  At first sight we were going to burn the Phillies hat, but then I thought of your little guys playing in there and thought I'd check with you first.  If it is, let me know the next cruise you guys will be at and I'll bring it. If its not yours, we'll probably burn it, hee-hee.  GO METS!

Sorry we didn't call you guys when we got to the beach... it was so hot I went right in the water and didn't really get out until the thunder rolled in. Did you and the family have fun?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 09:01:31 am by Michelle »
most people have to go to work in the morning

bugs2much

• PLATINUM Member
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2010, 10:50:19 am »

What a great cruise, show and fun  just hangin' out at the beach.    HOT?    Who said hot?    How can it be hot if you are having a good time. Good to hear everyone made it home OK. Congrats Bob on the trophy and to all for making it a great show. By the way I think we just proved that the VW's run just fine in extreme heat too.
I don't know how fast my car will go.
It's more important that I know how fast my car will stop.

66-Ghia

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2010, 05:42:49 pm »

Bob(Herbie)

• Bob(Herbie)
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Herby
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2010, 07:25:58 pm »

Thanks Bud, I missed the news. I have several family members buried in the Mt Pleasant Cemetery. My family and I are going to check the grave sites as soon as they let us in. We never know, so we should live each day as best we can!
Thanks again,
Bob
46 years later and I am back to a '63 Rag named Herby
 '56 Oval Nigel  '53 Zwitter Project Stanley 
 Dalton said "Opinions Vary"

rockdog2877

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2010, 02:33:04 am »

Yeah it is our hat. I think it is a spring training hat? Palm tree on the back?
The boys had fun in the pop top. That made there week. We were going to the beach right away but my stepfather wanted to leave so we had lunch with him before we went over. We just got out of the water when the storm came. We got stuck in the traffic heading out. Right past the cause way we were rear ended by some knuckle head. He put a small dent in my bumper. No one was hurt, we were only going 5mph. 
We headed south to forked river instead of the traffic. The weather was perfect after the rain.

Fire Lady (Michelle)

• SJVWC Charter Member
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
    • Charter Member
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2010, 08:53:48 pm »

Dang - that stinks your bumper got dented!  That was some serious traffic getting out of Island Beach State Park.  The roads were pretty flooded from the torrential rain.  Once we got to the bridge it wasn't so bad.  Despite the rain, it was a great day!

Well, we still have your son's hat.  I keep bringing it to events, but haven't seen you. Any chance you'll go to Collingswood Thur? If not, definitely picnic, right???  Hope to see you guys soon!  :) 
most people have to go to work in the morning

rockdog2877

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2010, 09:35:45 pm »

I work most nights. I should be able to make the piki nic
But Jenna is ready to pop anyday now.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up