SJVWC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WHEELS, TIRES AND MORE  (Read 2000 times)

VWPANZER1

• Member SJVWC ------- Charter Member-------Past Presidant------- Club Co-Founder
  • Club Vice President
  • PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
    • SJVWC Charter Member
WHEELS, TIRES AND MORE
« on: June 14, 2011, 08:40:56 pm »

I have two 2 Cragar, 6 inch reverse, Super Sport chrome rims, 5 lug,(Chevrolet pattern) with adaptors for early model, 5 lug, wide VW rim hubs.

The tires; are Kumho Ecsta 225/50 R15 Traction AA  Temp A.

These are high speed performance tires with less than 300 miles on them. Rated to have very good traction and reviews give them high marks for the slalom.

The rolling diameter is 22 and half inches which is well within the 23 and a half inch diameter of a stock VW wheel, which means, even a stock 40 hp engine can pull this tire.

This is the set up I ran on the rear of my 59 Beetle. I just got the tires before I switched to the EMPI.

You will need wider (or flared) rear fenders for this set up (You can cut the fenders but I don't recommend that).

Great for a "Bahas"or "Things"?

Included are: the two adaptors, chrome lug nuts and the custom Cragar knock off caps that have been machined to accept the VW logo.

Club members special price? $200  for all,  (which is less than the tires cost me.)

Pages: [1]   Go Up