Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sandy  (Read 8029 times)

buglvw (Howard)

• PLATINUM Member
Re: Sandy
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2012, 05:43:20 pm »

Thanks  /raincloud-
If you have to copy at least be original!

vwtrike (Rich)

• PLATINUM Member
  • SJVWC
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2012, 05:18:23 pm »

A tree came down and destroyed my my wheelchair ramp. Lost power, gas (called 911 when the gas meter blew a hole in it) and Comcast triple play on 10/29, got it back on 11/09. The only heat was from the Mr. heater. That heater was well worth the money. I used 12 1 lb LP tanks for the nights. Every hotel in the area was sold out. I can't remember who bought the Mr. Heater, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

They came and replaced my ramp yesterday . The first thing I did was go to Howell and check on my trike. The garage is in great shape. :jump4jo": The trike, well no gas going to the filter ( tank full) and I don't know why.  #banghead Does anybody know the best way to check the fuel pump if it is the pump.

Well that's my story. I hope everybody is safe. I know it was bad. I have a couple of friends that lost everything, but homes and cars can be replaced. Love ones and friend can never be replaced.

Baha (Shawn)

• Club Vice President
  • PLATINUM Member
  • SYNCRO HiTop----K2SMD
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2012, 07:21:38 pm »

Glad you made it through OK. Now make sure you order (or pickup) the hose that goes to a 20lb cylinder for your Mr Heater. It'll run for a week.

BTW 3Gear got us the heaters
The VWs you can sleep in are more gooder

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, The kind that can count and the kind that can't.

matt

• PLATINUM Member
  • Member SJVWC
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2012, 12:34:58 pm »

No damage at all, never lost power. All is well.

Lucky guy!

BIG tree limb landed on Bob's usual squatting place, but pulled some authority and he was safe and sound in the garage!     thumpup)-  .... Power was out a few days, had our wood stove keep us warm, cooked our food on it, and heated the clothes iron on it to iron my clothes - hey, have to keep up my public image y'know.

Lots of trees down, but no real damage, sorry some suffered a bit  with the storm.......

m

1955 3-fold semaphore Oval beetle
1971 Convertible beetle
1977 Westfalia, FI,  Berlin interior

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.?
― G. Michael Hopf
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up